A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The official Dovahzul Dictionary Android App

1  2  3 > >>  

Arngeir
December 19, 2013

DREM YOL LOK

My name is Arngeir and I'm here to announce the new official Dovahzul Dictionary app.

The FREE Dovahzul Dictionary app is powered by the dictionary here at this site and is here to bring you the most comprehensive and up-to-date lexicon of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim's Dragon Language - all on the go!

The app features all the words in this site, updated frequently and allows offline use.

The app allows you to update your dictionary on the click of a button, so you will never miss a word!

Don't worry about failed downloads: the app checks if the files are corrupt, and will warn you if they are.

The app will be updated soon, so don't forget to check frequently!

Current Features:

• 3,500+ and growing words
  • Search in Dovahzul and English
  • Local dictionary - no internet connection required
  • Built-in updatability so you never miss a word
  • Browsable dictionary
  • Sentence translator

Planed Features:

-Alphabet section

-Grammar section

Check out the images:

You can download this amazing app for FREE here!

Also, the code is open source and released under Apache v2 (check LICENSE.txt). The source is available in Github here!

If you have any problem with this app, don't hesitate on PM'ing me or paarthurnax.

Update 6:

I decided to, with paarthurnax agreement, make the app open source! It's up on github, so you are now free to browse the code, analyse it, submit issues and sugestions, and much more! A wiki is also comming soon!

The code is released under Apache v2, which means you are free to do pretty much anything with the code as long as you don't claim it as your own. Links in the thread.

Update 7:

Guys... 5000 installs :D :D :D :D

Thank you so much for this. Really, our app got it's 5000th install, that is amazing

Also, I cleared the upadtes.

PRUZ4 WUNDUNNE

by Arngeir
December 19, 2013

DREM YOL LOK

My name is Arngeir and I'm here to announce the new official Dovahzul Dictionary app.

The FREE Dovahzul Dictionary app is powered by the dictionary here at this site and is here to bring you the most comprehensive and up-to-date lexicon of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim's Dragon Language - all on the go!

The app features all the words in this site, updated frequently and allows offline use.

The app allows you to update your dictionary on the click of a button, so you will never miss a word!

Don't worry about failed downloads: the app checks if the files are corrupt, and will warn you if they are.

The app will be updated soon, so don't forget to check frequently!

Current Features:

• 3,500+ and growing words
  • Search in Dovahzul and English
  • Local dictionary - no internet connection required
  • Built-in updatability so you never miss a word
  • Browsable dictionary
  • Sentence translator

Planed Features:

-Alphabet section

-Grammar section

Check out the images:

You can download this amazing app for FREE here!

Also, the code is open source and released under Apache v2 (check LICENSE.txt). The source is available in Github here!

If you have any problem with this app, don't hesitate on PM'ing me or paarthurnax.

Update 6:

I decided to, with paarthurnax agreement, make the app open source! It's up on github, so you are now free to browse the code, analyse it, submit issues and sugestions, and much more! A wiki is also comming soon!

The code is released under Apache v2, which means you are free to do pretty much anything with the code as long as you don't claim it as your own. Links in the thread.

Update 7:

Guys... 5000 installs :D :D :D :D

Thank you so much for this. Really, our app got it's 5000th install, that is amazing

Also, I cleared the upadtes.

PRUZ4 WUNDUNNE

scrptrx
December 21, 2013

Arngeir, to clarify, I also thought it was a typo issue, but, no. I tried it repeatedly with the same words. It seems the error MIGHT be linked to my android keyboard adding a space after words that are swiped in rather than typed. it perhaps records the space as a character rather than whitespace.

At least I noticed this when searching the word Zombie. if there is a space after the e, it is true, the app erases my entry and says "no results". but if I erase that space after the e, it finds Zol just fine.

This might be an issue of the particular entry rather than the search engine.

by scrptrx
December 21, 2013

Arngeir, to clarify, I also thought it was a typo issue, but, no. I tried it repeatedly with the same words. It seems the error MIGHT be linked to my android keyboard adding a space after words that are swiped in rather than typed. it perhaps records the space as a character rather than whitespace.

At least I noticed this when searching the word Zombie. if there is a space after the e, it is true, the app erases my entry and says "no results". but if I erase that space after the e, it finds Zol just fine.

This might be an issue of the particular entry rather than the search engine.

Arngeir
December 21, 2013

Yes, the app sees spaces as characters. I force it to ignore spaces on the beggining and end of the search.

I will do that before the next release.

Thanks for the report!

Edit:

That is solved and will be implemented in the next release!

by Arngeir
December 21, 2013

Yes, the app sees spaces as characters. I force it to ignore spaces on the beggining and end of the search.

I will do that before the next release.

Thanks for the report!

Edit:

That is solved and will be implemented in the next release!

Vulsaarkven
December 24, 2013

Hey Arngeir, I've downloaded the app, but it will not update. It crashes if I try to update it.

by Vulsaarkven
December 24, 2013

Hey Arngeir, I've downloaded the app, but it will not update. It crashes if I try to update it.

Arngeir
December 25, 2013
Vulsaarkven

Yeah I noticed that error. Strangly it doesn't happean on my phone. Maybe it's because of the version. Do you know what is your phone's android version? You can check by going into: Settings-About the phone-android version.

And by the way, can you check if in your there are files inside the sdcard on the folder dovahzul_dictionary?

Thanks for the report and help. I'll try to set up a virtual device with another version to check myself as well.

Will be solved in no time :)

by Arngeir
December 25, 2013
Vulsaarkven

Yeah I noticed that error. Strangly it doesn't happean on my phone. Maybe it's because of the version. Do you know what is your phone's android version? You can check by going into: Settings-About the phone-android version.

And by the way, can you check if in your there are files inside the sdcard on the folder dovahzul_dictionary?

Thanks for the report and help. I'll try to set up a virtual device with another version to check myself as well.

Vulsaarkven
December 25, 2013
Arngeir
Vulsaarkven

Android 4.1.2

I have no SD card.

by Vulsaarkven
December 25, 2013
Arngeir
Vulsaarkven

Android 4.1.2

I have no SD card.

Arngeir
December 26, 2013
Vulsaarkven
Arngeir
Vulsaarkven

Android 4.1.2

I have no SD card.

The problem with versions 3.x and 4.x is solven, but for the dictionary to update you will need a storage device, though. I can see what i can do, but I don't now if it possible to save to the internal estorage. I can some research.

It may be releasen next update or later. Sorry for the incovinience.

Update:

"You can't modify or write a file in android resources or asset directory. Because of android apk file is read only. So you are able to only read it." From StackOverflow. This simply means that in the internal storage, the only files are the apk files. Those are the application files. They store all code and resources used by the application. As those can't be overwriten, there is no possible way to update the dictionary without a storage device.

The only way would be with a rooted phone, and I don't want to give my app root access. A rooted phone is basicly a phone where the owner modded the ROM so that the apps can access internal storage. A small minority of phones have root access, and I don't want the app to require root access to run.

Anyway, Sorry for the incovinience. I'll solve the crash, but you won't be abble to update the dictionary.

by Arngeir
December 26, 2013
Vulsaarkven
Arngeir
Vulsaarkven

Android 4.1.2

I have no SD card.

The problem with versions 3.x and 4.x is solven, but for the dictionary to update you will need a storage device, though. I can see what i can do, but I don't now if it possible to save to the internal estorage. I can some research.

Update:

"You can't modify or write a file in android resources or asset directory. Because of android apk file is read only. So you are able to only read it." From StackOverflow. This simply means that in the internal storage, the only files are the apk files. Those are the application files. They store all code and resources used by the application. As those can't be overwriten, there is no possible way to update the dictionary without a storage device.

The only way would be with a rooted phone, and I don't want to give my app root access. A rooted phone is basicly a phone where the owner modded the ROM so that the apps can access internal storage. A small minority of phones have root access, and I don't want the app to require root access to run.

Anyway, Sorry for the incovinience. I'll solve the crash, but you won't be abble to update the dictionary.

Vulsaarkven
December 26, 2013
Arngeir
Vulsaarkven
Arngeir
Vulsaarkven

Android 4.1.2

I have no SD card.

Update:

It's fine, I'll go looking for an SD card then!

by Vulsaarkven
December 26, 2013
Arngeir
Vulsaarkven
Arngeir
Vulsaarkven

Android 4.1.2

I have no SD card.

Update:

It's fine, I'll go looking for an SD card then!

tusron3141
December 31, 2013

This post has been deleted.

by tusron3141
December 31, 2013

This post has been deleted.

tusron3141
December 31, 2013

Hi Arngeir, I'm very impressed by your work, in the last days i used the app heavily, but... I think i found a spelling mistake. In Pruzahguur, the u and the uu have the same runes. And also in guur and pruzah is the same rune for u and uu. It's always the rune for u. I don't know if this is even wrong, because i started to learn Dovahzul just a week ago... Thank you, tusron

by tusron3141
December 31, 2013

Hi Arngeir, I'm very impressed by your work, in the last days i used the app heavily, but... I think i found a spelling mistake. In Pruzahguur, the u and the uu have the same runes. And also in guur and pruzah is the same rune for u and uu. It's always the rune for u. I don't know if this is even wrong, because i started to learn Dovahzul just a week ago... Thank you, tusron

Vulsaarkven
January 1, 2014

As a precaution, I've gotten a SD card, Arngeir, but the app refuses to update still. Crashing upon the request to update. I'm not sure if you're working on it or not, but I felt the need to bring to light this lingering issue just in case.

by Vulsaarkven
January 1, 2014

As a precaution, I've gotten a SD card, Arngeir, but the app refuses to update still. Crashing upon the request to update. I'm not sure if you're working on it or not, but I felt the need to bring to light this lingering issue just in case.

Arngeir
January 11, 2014

@Vulsaarkven Yeah Sorry for that. In the next update, that problem will be solved for sure. I know what the problem is. Just wait one day or two and you'll be able to update the app :D

@tusron Oh I'll have a look at that asap. Thanks for the report :)

Edit:

The app is updated and the bug with updating dictionary (hopefully) solved.

The problem with uu and u is still on. I dont know what causes it, but I'll have a good look and solve it as soon as possible.

Sorry for the incovinience

by Arngeir
January 11, 2014

@Vulsaarkven Yeah Sorry for that. In the next update, that problem will be solved for sure. I know what the problem is. Just wait one day or two and you'll be able to update the app :D

@tusron Oh I'll have a look at that asap. Thanks for the report :)

Edit:

The app is updated and the bug with updating dictionary (hopefully) solved.

The problem with uu and u is still on. I dont know what causes it, but I'll have a good look and solve it as soon as possible.

Sorry for the incovinience

Vulsaarkven
January 14, 2014

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but the bowsable dictionary only goes to Ayleid and Avraak (Cure, Antidote). No B's or anything. However, the seach function works fine and the updating works mostly, except for newer words.

by Vulsaarkven
January 14, 2014

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but the bowsable dictionary only goes to Ayleid and Avraak (Cure, Antidote). No B's or anything. However, the seach function works fine and the updating works mostly, except for newer words.

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 14, 2014
Vulsaarkven

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but the bowsable dictionary only goes to Ayleid and Avraak (Cure, Antidote). 

I've noticed this too. Arngeir, any ideas?

by paarthurnax
January 14, 2014
Vulsaarkven

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but the bowsable dictionary only goes to Ayleid and Avraak (Cure, Antidote). 

I've noticed this too. Arngeir, any ideas?

Arngeir
January 17, 2014

As I found out, this may be a layout problem. I know paarthurnax is using a tabblet, which should have android 4.x, and know vulksaarkven is using android 4.x as well. This may be a layout problem with latter versions or screen resulutions.

I think i know what may be causing it. Just wait a second. A printscreen would be great as well. If you could use eigther eclipse printscreen function or a printscreen app, I would thank you a lot.

Thanks a lot for the report and sorry for not being online this days.

by Arngeir
January 17, 2014

As I found out, this may be a layout problem. I know paarthurnax is using a tabblet, which should have android 4.x, and know vulksaarkven is using android 4.x as well. This may be a layout problem with latter versions or screen resulutions.

I think i know what may be causing it. Just wait a second. A printscreen would be great as well. If you could use eigther eclipse printscreen function or a printscreen app, I would thank you a lot.

Thanks a lot for the report and sorry for not being online this days.

1  2  3 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.