Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Canon Memrise Course Feedback & Suggestions

1  2  3 > >>  

paarthurnax
Administrator
December 5, 2014

The new canon Memrise course is here!

This course contains every known canon word. Unlike the previous course, the words are divided into themed categories. Some words can be found in multiple categories. There are also audio pronunciations for most words. Work is still being done on finishing those.

You can still find the old course here. This course will no longer be updated.

Comment below if you have any feedback or suggestions for the course. A lot of hard work went into it, and we're more than happy to do anything we can to help you learn.

by paarthurnax
December 5, 2014

The new canon Memrise course is here!

This course contains every known canon word. Unlike the previous course, the words are divided into themed categories. Some words can be found in multiple categories. There are also audio pronunciations for most words. Work is still being done on finishing those.

You can still find the old course here. This course will no longer be updated.

Comment below if you have any feedback or suggestions for the course. A lot of hard work went into it, and we're more than happy to do anything we can to help you learn.

Aaliizah
January 3, 2015

Just looked at the Remaining Words category and saw the word golah, stubborn, which would fit great in the Character Traits category. It looks like Part 2 is the more negative category, and stubborn tends to have a negative connotation, so I'll move it there. If you have an opinion on this or disagree, let me know. :) (Hopefully this is okay to put here. I posted this on the Memrise thread, too. Wasn't sure which.)

by Aaliizah
January 3, 2015

Just looked at the Remaining Words category and saw the word golah, stubborn, which would fit great in the Character Traits category. It looks like Part 2 is the more negative category, and stubborn tends to have a negative connotation, so I'll move it there. If you have an opinion on this or disagree, let me know. :) (Hopefully this is okay to put here. I posted this on the Memrise thread, too. Wasn't sure which.)

Ahmuldein
May 25, 2015

Are all of the courses updated weekly/biweekly/monthly basis? if not they should be. by that I mean the new courses too. I would love to help update the Modern course if need be. 

by Ahmuldein
May 25, 2015

Are all of the courses updated weekly/biweekly/monthly basis? if not they should be. by that I mean the new courses too. I would love to help update the Modern course if need be. 

paarthurnax
Administrator
May 25, 2015
Ahmuldein

I can't say about the non-canon course, but the canon course hasn't been updated in a while. Nothing much has changed with the canon vocabulary, of course, so there hasn't been need for an update. I do still need to finish those audio pronunciations, though.

by paarthurnax
May 25, 2015
Ahmuldein

I can't say about the non-canon course, but the canon course hasn't been updated in a while. Nothing much has changed with the canon vocabulary, of course, so there hasn't been need for an update. I do still need to finish those audio pronunciations, though.

Tanzyolviing
July 31, 2015

If there is anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask me. I know I'm not proficient at it, but I would like to help anyway I can.

by Tanzyolviing
July 31, 2015

If there is anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask me. I know I'm not proficient at it, but I would like to help anyway I can.

CharlestheDisciple
October 4, 2015

the course is pretty cool and I think that it is just another step for everyone to begin to really learn the language, this allows everyone to have a place to just learn the words and not have to go back and forth. Thank you for sharing this awesome course with us!

by CharlestheDisciple
October 4, 2015

the course is pretty cool and I think that it is just another step for everyone to begin to really learn the language, this allows everyone to have a place to just learn the words and not have to go back and forth. Thank you for sharing this awesome course with us!

Corvin
November 29, 2015

Hey, so I was  on the memrise course and I noticed that a fair few words were missing pronunciations, and I was wondering if they were words that were incomplete, pronounced differently by various dov or if they only ever appeared in written form and the  pronunciation was indeterminable.

by Corvin
November 29, 2015

Hey, so I was  on the memrise course and I noticed that a fair few words were missing pronunciations, and I was wondering if they were words that were incomplete, pronounced differently by various dov or if they only ever appeared in written form and the  pronunciation was indeterminable.

Raxvulnax
November 30, 2015
I think it would be really helpful if you finished more of the audio files for each word. That helps me learn the best, plus I know how it is supposed to be pronounced.
by Raxvulnax
November 30, 2015
I think it would be really helpful if you finished more of the audio files for each word. That helps me learn the best, plus I know how it is supposed to be pronounced.

Raxvulnax
November 30, 2015

Possessive pronouns specifically I would like to listen to

by Raxvulnax
November 30, 2015

Possessive pronouns specifically I would like to listen to

Raxvulnax
December 1, 2015

And is there a lesson about various accents? Has anyone looked into that? Like do certain dragon breeds have different ways of pronouncing, or do dragons from different eras speak differently?

by Raxvulnax
December 1, 2015

And is there a lesson about various accents? Has anyone looked into that? Like do certain dragon breeds have different ways of pronouncing, or do dragons from different eras speak differently?

paarthurnax
Administrator
December 1, 2015
Vokunahvulon

There isn't enough in-game dialogue to know anything conclusive about these topics. Pronunciation differs from voice actor to voice actor and between the international versions of the game. The pronunciation taught here is the standard pronunciation based on the common points between all dialogue.

by paarthurnax
December 1, 2015
Vokunahvulon

There isn't enough in-game dialogue to know anything conclusive about these topics. Pronunciation differs from voice actor to voice actor and between the international versions of the game. The pronunciation taught here is the standard pronunciation based on the common points between all dialogue.

BoziikDezAl
December 27, 2015
I have been trying it out and it's pretty good. It would be cool if there were leaderboards and you would ranked with other people.
by BoziikDezAl
December 27, 2015
I have been trying it out and it's pretty good. It would be cool if there were leaderboards and you would ranked with other people.

Raxvulnax
December 31, 2015
I think it would help if the memrise course includes definitions of words, just because some can be confused with others. For example; lie.
by Raxvulnax
December 31, 2015
I think it would help if the memrise course includes definitions of words, just because some can be confused with others. For example; lie.

@BoziikDezAl,

Fortunately, there are leaderboards which you speak of. Don't ask me how to access them though. (Completely forgot)

by Liis
December 31, 2015
@BoziikDezAl,

Fortunately, there are leaderboards which you speak of. Don't ask me how to access them though. (Completely forgot)

Malboviing
February 7, 2016

Memrise course is extremely useful!

by Malboviing
February 7, 2016

Memrise course is extremely useful!

1  2  3 > >>