Lokrem
September 22, 2015

Nichijou is one of my favourites 

by Lokrem
September 22, 2015

Nichijou is one of my favourites 

Ahkrinfeynvokun
September 24, 2015

I really should go and read more manga . . . lol.

I really enjoyed the Zelda manga, and it was cool getting to read the original Speed Racer manga. Rurouni Kenshin was really enjoyable (I need to finish it still xD )

Happiness is shaping up to be pretty interesting, so check that out if you get the chance.

by Ahkrinfeynvokun
September 24, 2015

I really should go and read more manga . . . lol.

I really enjoyed the Zelda manga, and it was cool getting to read the original Speed Racer manga. Rurouni Kenshin was really enjoyable (I need to finish it still xD )

Happiness is shaping up to be pretty interesting, so check that out if you get the chance.

Lokrem
September 25, 2015
@Ahkrinfeynvokun I really enjoyed higurashi series of manga
by Lokrem
September 25, 2015
@Ahkrinfeynvokun I really enjoyed higurashi series of manga

Ahkrinfeynvokun
September 25, 2015

Ooo Higurashi, I've been meaning to check that one out. I read a few Evangelion spin offs and those were fun too.

by Ahkrinfeynvokun
September 25, 2015

Ooo Higurashi, I've been meaning to check that one out. I read a few Evangelion spin offs and those were fun too.

Lokrem
September 29, 2015
@Ahkrinfeynvokun you Should check out nichijou
by Lokrem
September 29, 2015
@Ahkrinfeynvokun you Should check out nichijou

Ahkrinfeynvokun
October 10, 2015

Looking for new series to get into? Hapiness, Fire Brigade  of Flames, and Smokin' Parade are all shaping up to be pretty good. Sukedachi 09 was looking really good, but it disappeared.

by Ahkrinfeynvokun
October 10, 2015

Looking for new series to get into? Hapiness, Fire Brigade  of Flames, and Smokin' Parade are all shaping up to be pretty good. Sukedachi 09 was looking really good, but it disappeared.

YolGoraagKaazah
October 12, 2015

You already made this thread, isn't anime and manga the same thing? 

by YolGoraagKaazah
October 12, 2015

You already made this thread, isn't anime and manga the same thing? 

Ahkrinfeynvokun
October 12, 2015

Not really. Anime's cartoons, manga's comics

by Ahkrinfeynvokun
October 12, 2015

Not really. Anime's cartoons, manga's comics

Lokrem
October 15, 2015
@Ahkrinfeynvokun did you just call anime a cartoon? -_-
by Lokrem
October 15, 2015

Lokrem
October 15, 2015
@YolGoraagSingh your basically saying aren't TV shows and books the same thing
by Lokrem
October 15, 2015
@YolGoraagSingh your basically saying aren't TV shows and books the same thing

Ahkrinfeynvokun
October 16, 2015
Lokrem

Hoo boy, this argument again. Anime is just the shortened form of animeshon (Animation), as far as Japan's concerned it's cartoons. Now granted many of the series that become popular here in the West are geared towards teens. They carry a common art style and genre known as shounen.

The dictionary definition for cartoons is this:

a film or television show made by photographing a series of drawings : an animated film or television show

Merriam-Webster

So yes, anime is cartoons. However, here in the West, you do find anime being used as a subsection of cartoons that share certain art styles. As well as most any Japanese cartoon. Take it as you will.

by Ahkrinfeynvokun
October 16, 2015
Lokrem

Hoo boy, this argument again. Anime is just the shortened form of animeshon (Animation), as far as Japan's concerned it's cartoons. Now granted many of the series that become popular here in the West are geared towards teens. They carry a common art style and genre known as shounen.

The dictionary definition for cartoons is this:

a film or television show made by photographing a series of drawings : an animated film or television show

Merriam-Webster

So yes, anime is cartoons. However, here in the West, you do find anime being used as a subsection of cartoons that share certain art styles. As well as most any Japanese cartoon. Take it as you will.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.