Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

What do people hear when you use your Thu'um?

scrptrx
July 27, 2013

Question to Skyrimers

You know how when draugrs use Unrelenting Force, and Greybeards use Unrelenting Force, and when you use all your shouts, you can hear the words. 

Fus Ro Dah.

etc.

But when Ulfric shouts in the game, all you hear is thunder.

What’s up with that?

Is that a fault of the game creators?

When draugrs and Greybeards use Unrelenting Force you hear the words THEN thunder when it hits you.

I imagine the Dragonborn could hear the words, but people would just hear a sonic boom or something (like Ulfric's shout in-game).

Thoughts?

by scrptrx
July 27, 2013

Question to Skyrimers

You know how when draugrs use Unrelenting Force, and Greybeards use Unrelenting Force, and when you use all your shouts, you can hear the words. 

Fus Ro Dah.

etc.

But when Ulfric shouts in the game, all you hear is thunder.

What’s up with that?

Is that a fault of the game creators?

When draugrs and Greybeards use Unrelenting Force you hear the words THEN thunder when it hits you.

I imagine the Dragonborn could hear the words, but people would just hear a sonic boom or something (like Ulfric's shout in-game).

Thoughts?

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 27, 2013

It may just be a matter that they didn't get to record Shouts for Ulfric?  Sometimes with the Draugr the words might come long after the "thunder" of the Shout too.

by paarthurnax
July 27, 2013

It may just be a matter that they didn't get to record Shouts for Ulfric?  Sometimes with the Draugr the words might come long after the "thunder" of the Shout too.

Annwvyn
July 27, 2013

I know that sometimes when monsters/dragons/et cetera shout at me, I do not hear the words OR the thunder.  Other times I will hear the worlds, not the thunder.  Especially in Draugr, I will hear the thunder and hear the words 15 or so seconds later long after I am hit by the shout.

I am certain that it is not intentional, just another one of the issues that adds character to the game of Skyrim.  Gotta love it through all of its flaws.  ^_^

by Annwvyn
July 27, 2013

I know that sometimes when monsters/dragons/et cetera shout at me, I do not hear the words OR the thunder.  Other times I will hear the worlds, not the thunder.  Especially in Draugr, I will hear the thunder and hear the words 15 or so seconds later long after I am hit by the shout.

I am certain that it is not intentional, just another one of the issues that adds character to the game of Skyrim.  Gotta love it through all of its flaws.  ^_^

scrptrx
July 27, 2013

I think it's an oversight too, but a friend and I were talking about this... and I like the idea that maybe Ulfric got so good at that one Shout, he just had to mouth the words (or think them or whisper, like the Greybeards) and BOOM goes the dynamite.

by scrptrx
July 27, 2013

I think it's an oversight too, but a friend and I were talking about this... and I like the idea that maybe Ulfric got so good at that one Shout, he just had to mouth the words (or think them or whisper, like the Greybeards) and BOOM goes the dynamite.

[deleted]
June 24, 2014

I think that those trained in the Way of the Voice will hear the words, while those who have not trained will only hear thunder. The Dovahkiin only heard a thunder-like sound when Alduin first came to Helgen and used his version of Storm Call (I believe that is what he used), and us players only hear the "bang".

It wasn't until... after battling Mirmulnir that the words started to form and sound correctly (such as when Alduin brought Sahloknir back to life with "Slen Tiid Vo" - Flesh Time Undo).

by [deleted]
June 24, 2014

I think that those trained in the Way of the Voice will hear the words, while those who have not trained will only hear thunder. The Dovahkiin only heard a thunder-like sound when Alduin first came to Helgen and used his version of Storm Call (I believe that is what he used), and us players only hear the "bang".

It wasn't until... after battling Mirmulnir that the words started to form and sound correctly (such as when Alduin brought Sahloknir back to life with "Slen Tiid Vo" - Flesh Time Undo).

Ahmuldein
July 15, 2014

They probably just hear whatever shout your speaking since the civilians all know that it was a shout that threw them off the cliff! 

Lol

by Ahmuldein
July 15, 2014

They probably just hear whatever shout your speaking since the civilians all know that it was a shout that threw them off the cliff! 

Lol

valromar
August 12, 2014

they hear both just don't understand what it means or why it's there

by valromar
August 12, 2014

they hear both just don't understand what it means or why it's there

Nivzahkun
August 12, 2014
Venriilok

I agree with this.

by Nivzahkun
August 12, 2014
Venriilok

I agree with this.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.