Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Great Hunt Day 3

The Wanderer
November 3, 2015

The Great Hunt - Day 3

On a certain day, in a certain place, with certain words, a certain spirit can be called from beyond. That day is now, and the place is here.

Long ago when dragons ruled the land, three dragon priests exacted terror over the North - the Priests of the Pale. Their names - Bahlok the Wrathful, Sahvot the Faithful, Onikaan the Wise. Bahlok and Sahvot are slain, but their brother stirs from the cold beyond.

A special incense can summon his spirit, but I will need the ingredients. Eleven and one there are, scattered through the land of Keizaal. Bring them to me and I will prepare the way.

Certain words will give you the clues you seek. Search this place for the signs, and you will find the way.

Clues Found

Clue #1 - Dovahkiin found by Katherine
Clue #2 - Naal found by Meynag Volbur
Clue #3 - Ok found by Mulhahlor
Clue #4 - Zin found by skreborn
Clue #5 - Nov. 4th
Clue #6 - Nov. 5th
Clue #7 - Nov. 6th
Clue #8 - Nov. 7th
Clue #9 - Nov. 8th
Clue #10 - Nov. 9th
Clue #11 - Nov. 10th
Clue #12 - Nov. 11th

Ingredients Found

Ingredient #1 - ?
Ingredient #2 - Red Mountain Flower, found by ShadowConroy
Ingredient #3 - Corondum Ore, found by onikhefhah
Ingredient #4 - ?
Ingredient #5 - Nov. 4th
Ingredient #6 - Nov. 5th
Ingredient #7 - Nov. 6th
Ingredient #8 - Nov. 7th
Ingredient #9 - Nov. 8th
Ingredient #10 - Nov. 9th
Ingredient #11 - Nov. 10th
Ingredient #12 - Nov. 11th

Guidelines

Welcome to The Great Hunt, a scavenger hunt across The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim! Find and translate the clues hidden in the dictionary here on the site and locate the ingredient in the correct place in Skyrim. Post a screenshot or picture of your findings to share it with The Wanderer. You can upload your screenshots for posting at imgur.com.

The Great Hunt is both a celebration of the dragon language and Skyrim itself. For the best experience, start a new character. The clues are based on vanilla Skyrim. If you have any mods, be aware of any that might change the type or location of alchemical ingredients found in the world.

Happy hunting!

-paarthurnax

by The Wanderer
November 3, 2015

The Great Hunt - Day 3

On a certain day, in a certain place, with certain words, a certain spirit can be called from beyond. That day is now, and the place is here.

Long ago when dragons ruled the land, three dragon priests exacted terror over the North - the Priests of the Pale. Their names - Bahlok the Wrathful, Sahvot the Faithful, Onikaan the Wise. Bahlok and Sahvot are slain, but their brother stirs from the cold beyond.

A special incense can summon his spirit, but I will need the ingredients. Eleven and one there are, scattered through the land of Keizaal. Bring them to me and I will prepare the way.

Certain words will give you the clues you seek. Search this place for the signs, and you will find the way.

Clues Found

Clue #1 - Dovahkiin found by Katherine
Clue #2 - Naal found by Meynag Volbur
Clue #3 - Ok found by Mulhahlor
Clue #4 - Zin found by skreborn
Clue #5 - Nov. 4th
Clue #6 - Nov. 5th
Clue #7 - Nov. 6th
Clue #8 - Nov. 7th
Clue #9 - Nov. 8th
Clue #10 - Nov. 9th
Clue #11 - Nov. 10th
Clue #12 - Nov. 11th

Ingredients Found

Ingredient #1 - ?
Ingredient #2 - Red Mountain Flower, found by ShadowConroy
Ingredient #3 - Corondum Ore, found by onikhefhah
Ingredient #4 - ?
Ingredient #5 - Nov. 4th
Ingredient #6 - Nov. 5th
Ingredient #7 - Nov. 6th
Ingredient #8 - Nov. 7th
Ingredient #9 - Nov. 8th
Ingredient #10 - Nov. 9th
Ingredient #11 - Nov. 10th
Ingredient #12 - Nov. 11th

Guidelines

Welcome to The Great Hunt, a scavenger hunt across The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim! Find and translate the clues hidden in the dictionary here on the site and locate the ingredient in the correct place in Skyrim. Post a screenshot or picture of your findings to share it with The Wanderer. You can upload your screenshots for posting at imgur.com.

The Great Hunt is both a celebration of the dragon language and Skyrim itself. For the best experience, start a new character. The clues are based on vanilla Skyrim. If you have any mods, be aware of any that might change the type or location of alchemical ingredients found in the world.

Happy hunting!

-paarthurnax

AmativEreiDinok
November 3, 2015

Right, here's my attempt *Duobl Underlines* At deciphering Ok

prince of destroyer want this cove But animal (pray?) Possess it

EDIT: I Buggered it, it is DEFINATLY not Cove, and honestly, Mul's is most likely more accurate, look at his.

by AmativEreiDinok
November 3, 2015

Right, here's my attempt *Duobl Underlines* At deciphering Ok

prince of destroyer want this cove But animal (pray?) Possess it

EDIT: I Buggered it, it is DEFINATLY not Cove, and honestly, Mul's is most likely more accurate, look at his.

Mulhahlor
November 3, 2015

Here's what I got from Ok:

"Faal kulaan do al laan daar golz nuz faal drog piraak nii."

"The prince of destroyer want this stone but the lord possess it."

"The Prince of Destruction wants this stone, but the lord posesses it."

Is it a sigil stone?

by Mulhahlor
November 3, 2015

Is it a sigil stone?

AmativEreiDinok
November 3, 2015
Mulhahlor

Is it a sigil stone?

No, atleast, the item itself isn't. It may have something to do with a sigil stone, but you have to have a conjuration level of 90+ to get those, and the hunt if for a fresh character.

by AmativEreiDinok
November 3, 2015
Mulhahlor

Is it a sigil stone?

No, atleast, the item itself isn't. It may have something to do with a sigil stone, but you have to have a conjuration level of 90+ to get those, and the hunt if for a fresh character.

Mulhahlor
November 3, 2015
AmativEreiDinok

I assumed that was so that the items wouldn't be moved around. The Wanderer said "For the best experience, start a new character", implying we didn't have to.

Also, I think the fourth clue either refers to fire salts, or is somehow connected to Balgruf sending his axe to Ulfric.

by Mulhahlor
November 3, 2015
AmativEreiDinok

I assumed that was so that the items wouldn't be moved around. The Wanderer said "For the best experience, start a new character", implying we didn't have to.

Also, I think the fourth clue either refers to fire salts, or is somehow connected to Balgruf sending his axe to Ulfric.

AmativEreiDinok
November 3, 2015
Mulhahlor

I was thinking the Same thing about the axe, but It really didn't seem to fit into the rest, which is what confused me.

Would Ulfric's rule count as a Theocracy? If so, where does fire and fortune come in?

Wait..... Fire, the burning of Whiterun... But ancient Fortune? Hmmm.... I don't think it's that axe, how would that even play into an item?

by AmativEreiDinok
November 3, 2015
Mulhahlor

I was thinking the Same thing about the axe, but It really didn't seem to fit into the rest, which is what confused me.

Would Ulfric's rule count as a Theocracy? If so, where does fire and fortune come in?

Wait..... Fire, the burning of Whiterun... But ancient Fortune? Hmmm.... I don't think it's that axe, how would that even play into an item?

l IxAmxLegend l
November 3, 2015
AmativEreiDinok

Could it possibly be referencing the Jagged Crown, considering it mentions an ancient fortune?

by l IxAmxLegend l
November 3, 2015
AmativEreiDinok

Could it possibly be referencing the Jagged Crown, considering it mentions an ancient fortune?

AmativEreiDinok
November 3, 2015
l IxAmxLegend l

Possibly, is the Jagged Crown held anywhere? It has to be a common item. Also, I'm not sure how that involves fire... Or an axe for that matter.

by AmativEreiDinok
November 3, 2015
l IxAmxLegend l

Possibly, is the Jagged Crown held anywhere? It has to be a common item. Also, I'm not sure how that involves fire... Or an axe for that matter.

onikmey
November 3, 2015

For Ok, is it corundum ore? Mulhalor translated ""The Prince of Destruction wants this stone, but the lord posesses it." The lord stone sits near the shrine of Mehrunes Dagon, the daedric prince of destruction. At it's base are a couple of corundum ore veins.

by onikmey
November 3, 2015

For Ok, is it corundum ore? Mulhalor translated ""The Prince of Destruction wants this stone, but the lord posesses it." The lord stone sits near the shrine of Mehrunes Dagon, the daedric prince of destruction. At it's base are a couple of corundum ore veins.

The Wanderer
November 3, 2015
onikhefhah

Yes, yes, this is it indeed. A good find, onikhefhah.

by The Wanderer
November 3, 2015
onikhefhah

Yes, yes, this is it indeed. A good find, onikhefhah.

skreborn
November 4, 2015

Is

Los

Transcription and translation coming when I get the time - gotta run now!

by skreborn
November 4, 2015

Is

Los

Transcription and translation coming when I get the time - gotta run now!

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.