A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Sovngarde community cover

1  2  3  4 > >>  

Kosenu
November 14, 2015

DREM YOL LOK

I've been considering making this thread for quite some time now, but when in recent conversations on the community wall the subject of Dovahzul songs came up, I finally couldn't resist anymore and asked the people there how they felt about covering Sovngarde  with the Thuum.org community. Quite a few people said they'd like it, so here we are now.

This is how it'll work:

• We have multiple members record the song, and post it here. I'm going to record right after writing this post, and I encourage you to start recording after reading this too. We'll record the version in the earlier-linked video.
  • I'll edit it all together after each member posts, and put the link to the latest version in this post.
  • Once we have the main melody line done, we can record the extra bits, like the humming and the backing vocals.

So far, the following people have confirmed that they'll record:

• Kosenu
  • Freymulaar
  • KittyKron
  • YolGoraagSingh

Some things to keep in mind while recording:

• Bethesda had each singer record themselves multiple times. This is what we're planning to do as well: so the more recordings you can give, the better.
  • Don't edit your audio too much. I'll add reverb and fix noise. Fixing these things beforehand will most likely only make it harder for me.

Raw audio:

Audio to record with: here

by Kosenu
November 14, 2015

DREM YOL LOK

I've been considering making this thread for quite some time now, but when in recent conversations on the community wall the subject of Dovahzul songs came up, I finally couldn't resist anymore and asked the people there how they felt about covering Sovngarde  with the Thuum.org community. Quite a few people said they'd like it, so here we are now.

This is how it'll work:

• We have multiple members record the song, and post it here. I'm going to record right after writing this post, and I encourage you to start recording after reading this too. We'll record the version in the earlier-linked video.
  • I'll edit it all together after each member posts, and put the link to the latest version in this post.
  • Once we have the main melody line done, we can record the extra bits, like the humming and the backing vocals.

So far, the following people have confirmed that they'll record:

• Kosenu
  • Freymulaar
  • KittyKron
  • YolGoraagSingh

Some things to keep in mind while recording:

• Bethesda had each singer record themselves multiple times. This is what we're planning to do as well: so the more recordings you can give, the better.
  • Don't edit your audio too much. I'll add reverb and fix noise. Fixing these things beforehand will most likely only make it harder for me.

Raw audio:

Audio to record with: here

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 14, 2015

Neat idea, Kosenu! If my singing voice proves tolerable, I'll be happy to pitch in.

by paarthurnax
November 14, 2015

Neat idea, Kosenu! If my singing voice proves tolerable, I'll be happy to pitch in.

Kronvullok
November 14, 2015

My brother, Yolkendov, wishes to join, but he's more of a bass singer. Will that be helpful?

by Kronvullok
November 14, 2015

My brother, Yolkendov, wishes to join, but he's more of a bass singer. Will that be helpful?

Kosenu
November 14, 2015
KittyKron

Very much so! It's a very bassy song. I'd be delighted to have him.

by Kosenu
November 14, 2015
KittyKron

Very much so! It's a very bassy song. I'd be delighted to have him.

Kosenu
November 14, 2015

Okay! Submitting my first go. The raw audio can be found here (first few seconds are silent). Totally butchered the end, but whatever. I'll add a version with both the original and my voice to the original post to make singing along easier. I'll try to mix a first version with voices from Thuum.org together tomorrow.

by Kosenu
November 14, 2015

Okay! Submitting my first go. The raw audio can be found here (first few seconds are silent). Totally butchered the end, but whatever. I'll add a version with both the original and my voice to the original post to make singing along easier. I'll try to mix a first version with voices from Thuum.org together tomorrow.

Kronvullok
November 14, 2015

There are some parts of your recording that make it really hard to sing along with. Like the "Huzrah nu, kul do od..." part starts off really suddenly, and the last "Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin..." part has the first "Dovahkiin" sort of cut out, or just really silent.

by Kronvullok
November 14, 2015

There are some parts of your recording that make it really hard to sing along with. Like the "Huzrah nu, kul do od..." part starts off really suddenly, and the last "Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin..." part has the first "Dovahkiin" sort of cut out, or just really silent.

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 14, 2015
KittyKron

I would record using the original song as reference. Kosenu's is timed with it, and you'll know when the different verses start. Kosenu should also be able to cut and piece together verses if they're not perfectly spaced out, so don't worry about the timing between verses too much.

by paarthurnax
November 14, 2015
KittyKron

I would record using the original song as reference. Kosenu's is timed with it, and you'll know when the different verses start. Kosenu should also be able to cut and piece together verses if they're not perfectly spaced out, so don't worry about the timing between verses too much.

YolGoraagKaazah
November 14, 2015

Where do we record it? 

by YolGoraagKaazah
November 14, 2015

Where do we record it? 

Kronvullok
November 14, 2015
YolGoraagSingh

Where do we record it? 

Just someplace quiet with little reverb.

by Kronvullok
November 14, 2015
YolGoraagSingh

Where do we record it? 

Just someplace quiet with little reverb.

YolGoraagKaazah
November 14, 2015

No, not like that, like a website or something. 

by YolGoraagKaazah
November 14, 2015

Kronvullok
November 14, 2015

I don't know...

by Kronvullok
November 14, 2015

I don't know...

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 14, 2015
YolGoraagSingh

If you don't have an audio recording program yet, check out Audacity.

by paarthurnax
November 14, 2015
YolGoraagSingh

If you don't have an audio recording program yet, check out Audacity.

Kronvullok
November 14, 2015

I've just been using Yolkendov's phone. X3

EDIT: Audacity is actually better than a phone.

by Kronvullok
November 14, 2015

I've just been using Yolkendov's phone. X3

EDIT: Audacity is actually better than a phone.

Kosenu
November 14, 2015
Just post it to any filesharing site. I can recommend dropbox.
by Kosenu
November 14, 2015
Just post it to any filesharing site. I can recommend dropbox.

Kronvullok
November 14, 2015

Getting the words and timing right is really hard... Even with the lyrics.

by Kronvullok
November 14, 2015

Getting the words and timing right is really hard... Even with the lyrics.

1  2  3  4 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.