Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Rorikstead's Secret

Rocko324
November 25, 2015

We all know and love Rorikstead right? However, the story within it may hold a dark secret. Rorikstead is a town with freshly and rather productive farms and grain, regarding its environment with the eroded land, and rocks surrounding, realistically it would be hard to grow crops along with farm in the town. When you first walk into the town you can overhear a old mage talking to a girl, the girl mentions her training and the old man replies with "Quite down girl, do you want people to know our work?" or something like that. With doing research and looking around the town, into houses and reading books and such, you come to realize that the old man is a Daedric worshiper along with Rorik, the man the town is named after. The old man uses powers to make the crops grow and do as well as they do. You can question the old man about his "Secret" and he will somewhat hesitate and seem to stumble his words and tell you there is no secret just the power and thanks of the Gods, he says this in a rather hesitent way, a neverous way if you will. It is believed that most of the population within the town is indeed Daedric worshiper, but I'll leave you to decide that. Please do PM me if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you.

by Rocko324
November 25, 2015

We all know and love Rorikstead right? However, the story within it may hold a dark secret. Rorikstead is a town with freshly and rather productive farms and grain, regarding its environment with the eroded land, and rocks surrounding, realistically it would be hard to grow crops along with farm in the town. When you first walk into the town you can overhear a old mage talking to a girl, the girl mentions her training and the old man replies with "Quite down girl, do you want people to know our work?" or something like that. With doing research and looking around the town, into houses and reading books and such, you come to realize that the old man is a Daedric worshiper along with Rorik, the man the town is named after. The old man uses powers to make the crops grow and do as well as they do. You can question the old man about his "Secret" and he will somewhat hesitate and seem to stumble his words and tell you there is no secret just the power and thanks of the Gods, he says this in a rather hesitent way, a neverous way if you will. It is believed that most of the population within the town is indeed Daedric worshiper, but I'll leave you to decide that. Please do PM me if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you.

YolGoraagKaazah
November 25, 2015

This is an interesting topic! I don't really go to Rorikstead much, but I have known about the town being a bunch of Daedra worshippers.

(Specifically Namira)

Lokir is from Rorikstead he says in the beginning, "Damned Stormcloaks, Skyrim was fine until you came along. The Empire was nice and lazy. If they hadn't been looking for you, I would've stolen that horse and been half way to Hammerfell by now." This tells us that Lokir doesn't take part in the war. So it's pretty clear from his dialogue that for some reason Lokir has fled to Rorikstead, he feels the need to flee to another Hold, in this case, Hammefell. A few moments later the Imperials call out "Lokir of Rorikstead". He will be returned to Rorikstead for his punishment as soon as he hears this, he attempts to run away knowing that this pretty much means certain death for him.

What I want to know what's the big deal with Rorikstead? Why Lokir so afraid of going back there?

by YolGoraagKaazah
November 25, 2015

This is an interesting topic! I don't really go to Rorikstead much, but I have known about the town being a bunch of Daedra worshippers.

(Specifically Namira)

Lokir is from Rorikstead he says in the beginning, "Damned Stormcloaks, Skyrim was fine until you came along. The Empire was nice and lazy. If they hadn't been looking for you, I would've stolen that horse and been half way to Hammerfell by now." This tells us that Lokir doesn't take part in the war. So it's pretty clear from his dialogue that for some reason Lokir has fled to Rorikstead, he feels the need to flee to another Hold, in this case, Hammefell. A few moments later the Imperials call out "Lokir of Rorikstead". He will be returned to Rorikstead for his punishment as soon as he hears this, he attempts to run away knowing that this pretty much means certain death for him.

What I want to know what's the big deal with Rorikstead? Why Lokir so afraid of going back there?

Rocko324
November 25, 2015
YolGoraagSingh

(Specifically Namira)

I believe he was afraid of the Daedra worshippers. I think lokir found their secrets and they are after him, to the point of death. So he does not want to go back to Rorikstead because he knows the Worshippers are after him because he knows their secrets. This is just my guess. What do you think?

by Rocko324
November 25, 2015
YolGoraagSingh

(Specifically Namira)

I believe he was afraid of the Daedra worshippers. I think lokir found their secrets and they are after him, to the point of death. So he does not want to go back to Rorikstead because he knows the Worshippers are after him because he knows their secrets. This is just my guess. What do you think?

YolGoraagKaazah
November 25, 2015

I agree with you, but he is still a criminal. Since he's from Rorikstead (which is apart of Whiterun) he must've commit a crime in Rorikstead the guards must be after him and he finds this chance to run.

by YolGoraagKaazah
November 25, 2015

I agree with you, but he is still a criminal. Since he's from Rorikstead (which is apart of Whiterun) he must've commit a crime in Rorikstead the guards must be after him and he finds this chance to run.

Rocko324
November 25, 2015

At the beginning of the game when you are in the Carriage Rolaf says to Lokir "Whats your story horse thief?" Implying he stole a horse and that is why he is arrested. I think he stole a horse to get away from Rorikstead, not bothering to pay because he was in such a rush. If that makes any sense?

by Rocko324
November 25, 2015

At the beginning of the game when you are in the Carriage Rolaf says to Lokir "Whats your story horse thief?" Implying he stole a horse and that is why he is arrested. I think he stole a horse to get away from Rorikstead, not bothering to pay because he was in such a rush. If that makes any sense?

YolGoraagKaazah
November 25, 2015

It makes sense. He must be wanting to steal the horse to get away from Rorikstead not from the Empire. It doesn't add up, the Empire are sort of "evil" they wouldn't execute a man for just petty thievery. The punishment for stealing isn't execution (the Empire is still a noble empire). He's probably going to be sent back to Rorikstead.

by YolGoraagKaazah
November 25, 2015

It makes sense. He must be wanting to steal the horse to get away from Rorikstead not from the Empire. It doesn't add up, the Empire are sort of "evil" they wouldn't execute a man for just petty thievery. The punishment for stealing isn't execution (the Empire is still a noble empire). He's probably going to be sent back to Rorikstead.

Raxvulnax
November 27, 2015
I never thought about this. I just assumed everyone at Helgen was going to be executed. I never really put any thought into to be honest. But it makes sense. If I was from a town where everyone was a die-hard daedra worshipper, I wouldn't want to go back either.
by Raxvulnax
November 27, 2015
I never thought about this. I just assumed everyone at Helgen was going to be executed. I never really put any thought into to be honest. But it makes sense. If I was from a town where everyone was a die-hard daedra worshipper, I wouldn't want to go back either.

Raxvulnax
November 27, 2015
Do you guys know if there is any way to further investigate this secret? Like is there any quests or tasks you can do in light of the new found secret from Rorikstead?
by Raxvulnax
November 27, 2015
Do you guys know if there is any way to further investigate this secret? Like is there any quests or tasks you can do in light of the new found secret from Rorikstead?

Rocko324
November 27, 2015

I don't believe there is any quests nor tasks, but if you go into a few houses you can see signs of daedra worshiping and such, it is just a thing to look into.

by Rocko324
November 27, 2015

I don't believe there is any quests nor tasks, but if you go into a few houses you can see signs of daedra worshiping and such, it is just a thing to look into.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.