yol thuum
August 5, 2013

What is your opinion

by yol thuum
August 5, 2013

What is your opinion

Annwvyn
August 26, 2013

I think that all Elder Scrolls Games have their merits...  I did like Oblivion quite a bit.  Never actually played through the main questline because I was too busy having fun in other ways...  heh.  I think Skyrim, though, has such deep lore that has developed and has such great gameplay mechanics that I would have to give it my official seal of approval.

by Annwvyn
August 26, 2013

I think that all Elder Scrolls Games have their merits...  I did like Oblivion quite a bit.  Never actually played through the main questline because I was too busy having fun in other ways...  heh.  I think Skyrim, though, has such deep lore that has developed and has such great gameplay mechanics that I would have to give it my official seal of approval.

October 30, 2013

Skyrim but also Oblivion

by 1111589
October 30, 2013

Skyrim but also Oblivion

Loniizrath
November 12, 2013

Arena. Yeah the first one is my favorite. It's insanely difficult, but that makes it fun, because oblivion and skyrim sort of hold your hand as you play through them. Also, it's the only elder scrolls game to date where all of tamriel is accessible. The world map was approximately 6,000,000 square kilometers. That's about three times the size of greenland. If you wanted to walk from morrowind to valenwood,it would take you about a week of non stop walking (a real life week, not an in game week).

by Loniizrath
November 12, 2013

Arena. Yeah the first one is my favorite. It's insanely difficult, but that makes it fun, because oblivion and skyrim sort of hold your hand as you play through them. Also, it's the only elder scrolls game to date where all of tamriel is accessible. The world map was approximately 6,000,000 square kilometers. That's about three times the size of greenland. If you wanted to walk from morrowind to valenwood,it would take you about a week of non stop walking (a real life week, not an in game week).

AxeTheBarbarian
November 14, 2013

From a game mechanics perspective Skyrim has my vote, but for overall amazing everything I still fall back to Morrowind. Once I have a PC that can run Skyrim with the Skywind mod I'll probably never play another game ever again :)

by AxeTheBarbarian
November 14, 2013

From a game mechanics perspective Skyrim has my vote, but for overall amazing everything I still fall back to Morrowind. Once I have a PC that can run Skyrim with the Skywind mod I'll probably never play another game ever again :)

DJbrony
November 16, 2013

Well for me the first ever elder scrolls game I played was infact Oblivion  but I did tried out morrowind from a friend but didn't got a chance to fully play it but then skyrim came and I loved it so much its just hard wishing to play morrowind once with the expansions in it

by DJbrony
November 16, 2013

Well for me the first ever elder scrolls game I played was infact Oblivion  but I did tried out morrowind from a friend but didn't got a chance to fully play it but then skyrim came and I loved it so much its just hard wishing to play morrowind once with the expansions in it

DovahKiinZaan
December 12, 2013

All of the games had their pros and cons and Oblivion was pure amazing, but Skyrim has better graphics (by A LOT) and also it has expansive questlines. Definetaly Skyrim

by DovahKiinZaan
December 12, 2013

All of the games had their pros and cons and Oblivion was pure amazing, but Skyrim has better graphics (by A LOT) and also it has expansive questlines. Definetaly Skyrim

DovahKiinZaan
December 12, 2013
Toxikyle

But Arena crashed every 5 seconds
by DovahKiinZaan
December 12, 2013
Toxikyle

But Arena crashed every 5 seconds

TRBagon
December 18, 2013

The first elderscrolls game I ever played was Daggerfall.

~Tatsu

by TRBagon
December 18, 2013

The first elderscrolls game I ever played was Daggerfall.

~Tatsu

Duryoljot
December 15, 2015

When you play on higher difficulties it drastically changes the game in some cases. I remember Morrowind was the first ES game I played. But Oblivion on max difficulty was really fun. When you first play you become lost in this beautiful world that even Skyrim could not match in fairness and lushness. But that wasn't really the point of Skyrim.

by Duryoljot
December 15, 2015

When you play on higher difficulties it drastically changes the game in some cases. I remember Morrowind was the first ES game I played. But Oblivion on max difficulty was really fun. When you first play you become lost in this beautiful world that even Skyrim could not match in fairness and lushness. But that wasn't really the point of Skyrim.

Duryoljot
December 15, 2015

By the Nine the last time anyone posted here was two years ago?! I really need to start looking at that.

by Duryoljot
December 15, 2015

By the Nine the last time anyone posted here was two years ago?! I really need to start looking at that.

BoziikDezAl
December 27, 2015
I like Skyrim and Oblivion, but Oblivian is definitely harder then Skyrim. Does Elder Scrolls Online count? It's the newest Elder Scrolls game.
by BoziikDezAl
December 27, 2015
I like Skyrim and Oblivion, but Oblivian is definitely harder then Skyrim. Does Elder Scrolls Online count? It's the newest Elder Scrolls game.

YolGoraagKaazah
December 28, 2015

I don't consider it an Elder Scrolls game because it's a completely different genre. Plus, it wasn't even developed by Bethesda. But that's just my opinion. 

by YolGoraagKaazah
December 28, 2015

I don't consider it an Elder Scrolls game because it's a completely different genre. Plus, it wasn't even developed by Bethesda. But that's just my opinion. 

BoziikDezAl
December 29, 2015
Well yeah, but it is tied in with the same storyline. So it kind of is one.
by BoziikDezAl
December 29, 2015
Well yeah, but it is tied in with the same storyline. So it kind of is one.

volzah zol
December 29, 2015

I didn't get into TES until Skyrim came out. Up until that time, I just didn't have an interest in the series. But after really loving the game, and getting into TES lore, I went out and bought the Elder Scrolls Anthology and tried my best to give each game a fair play through. However, I couldn't. I just couldn't do the graphics. Even with Oblivion, it's just too sloppy, and the characters look absolutely horrible. I still love reading as much lore as I can get my hands on, and the series itself is a really impressive story, but my favorite game so far will have to remain the first one I discovered: Skyrim. I haven't played ESO, I'm not a big fan of MMO's, and not really sure how ESO could be writen into canon with so many different people doing so many different things at once. I guess we'll have to wait and see how that plays out. 

by volzah zol
December 29, 2015

I didn't get into TES until Skyrim came out. Up until that time, I just didn't have an interest in the series. But after really loving the game, and getting into TES lore, I went out and bought the Elder Scrolls Anthology and tried my best to give each game a fair play through. However, I couldn't. I just couldn't do the graphics. Even with Oblivion, it's just too sloppy, and the characters look absolutely horrible. I still love reading as much lore as I can get my hands on, and the series itself is a really impressive story, but my favorite game so far will have to remain the first one I discovered: Skyrim. I haven't played ESO, I'm not a big fan of MMO's, and not really sure how ESO could be writen into canon with so many different people doing so many different things at once. I guess we'll have to wait and see how that plays out. 

1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.