Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

"Unslaad Krosis"

1  2 > >>  

Sahruvthur
November 25, 2015

One day, while doing a Companions Quest, I was going to retrieve the first  fragment of Wuuthrad, when I stumbled upon a Draugr Wight, right before I clashed with it, it made a sound… no… it spoke… sounded like "Zu'u los krosis" or "I am sorry". Do you think it really said this? And if it did, what could it mean?

by Sahruvthur
November 25, 2015

One day, while doing a Companions Quest, I was going to retrieve the first  fragment of Wuuthrad, when I stumbled upon a Draugr Wight, right before I clashed with it, it made a sound… no… it spoke… sounded like "Zu'u los krosis" or "I am sorry". Do you think it really said this? And if it did, what could it mean?

Rocko324
November 25, 2015

Perhaps this is a theory but I may be wrong. The Draugers are like zombies I guess you can say, undead. Perhaps they were risen to attack wanderers, however they do not want to attack but they must...to the point where you die. If you fight a ghost they continue to say stuff like I'm sorry, I don't want to do this, or please don't make me do this. Perhaps it is the same with the Darugers. This is a therory of mine, it could be wrong, but this is probably the best answer. I hope this helped.

by Rocko324
November 25, 2015

Perhaps this is a theory but I may be wrong. The Draugers are like zombies I guess you can say, undead. Perhaps they were risen to attack wanderers, however they do not want to attack but they must...to the point where you die. If you fight a ghost they continue to say stuff like I'm sorry, I don't want to do this, or please don't make me do this. Perhaps it is the same with the Darugers. This is a therory of mine, it could be wrong, but this is probably the best answer. I hope this helped.

Sahruvthur
November 25, 2015

@Rocko324 How long have you had that theory? I've only thought of that until I think I heard it said, I have heard the ghosts say it though, the thing with the Draugr is that it sounded like a grumble, if you ever encounter a draugr, listen closely, but another thing to take into consideration is the Dragonstone on the back it says "Here lie our fallen lords, until power of Alduin revive" meaning that they possibly did serve dragons at one point, but are they regretting their actions and asking for forgiveness while some other force makes them attack you?

by Sahruvthur
November 25, 2015

@Rocko324 How long have you had that theory? I've only thought of that until I think I heard it said, I have heard the ghosts say it though, the thing with the Draugr is that it sounded like a grumble, if you ever encounter a draugr, listen closely, but another thing to take into consideration is the Dragonstone on the back it says "Here lie our fallen lords, until power of Alduin revive" meaning that they possibly did serve dragons at one point, but are they regretting their actions and asking for forgiveness while some other force makes them attack you?

Rocko324
November 25, 2015
Deyruvthur

Perhaps, I just had this therory as soon as I read your post. It was the only thing that made enough sence. Perhaps the Drauger are good at heart, but that is for us to find out.

by Rocko324
November 25, 2015
Deyruvthur

Perhaps, I just had this therory as soon as I read your post. It was the only thing that made enough sence. Perhaps the Drauger are good at heart, but that is for us to find out.

Rocko324
November 25, 2015

I would actually like to learn more about this topic. I am going to do some research and see what I can find, I'll let you know if I find anything worth knowing.

by Rocko324
November 25, 2015

I would actually like to learn more about this topic. I am going to do some research and see what I can find, I'll let you know if I find anything worth knowing.

Rocko324
November 26, 2015

So I did some research and found some basic common known knowledge but it may help more with this understanding. So, Draugrs were once living beings, Nordic warriors who served the Dragon Priests when they were alive. The Dragon priests were priests who worshipped dragons, basically thinking dragons as some kind of God. (Akantosh) so it is possible that Draugrs were once good warriors who helped to fight off the bad, but the priests got the best of them and the priests and Dragons were too powerful for the Nordic Warriors (Draugrs) to fight off, or refuse. Do you have any theories or do you agree with me? I really would like to dive deeper in this topic with you. This is interesting me now.

by Rocko324
November 26, 2015

So I did some research and found some basic common known knowledge but it may help more with this understanding. So, Draugrs were once living beings, Nordic warriors who served the Dragon Priests when they were alive. The Dragon priests were priests who worshipped dragons, basically thinking dragons as some kind of God. (Akantosh) so it is possible that Draugrs were once good warriors who helped to fight off the bad, but the priests got the best of them and the priests and Dragons were too powerful for the Nordic Warriors (Draugrs) to fight off, or refuse. Do you have any theories or do you agree with me? I really would like to dive deeper in this topic with you. This is interesting me now.

Sahruvthur
November 26, 2015

Yes, thank you for sharing your theories

by Sahruvthur
November 26, 2015

Yes, thank you for sharing your theories

Raxvulnax
November 26, 2015
Seeing this thread sparked some question in my head. I have always heard the Draugrs mumbling when I fight them. Normally, I don't give them a chance to get out of their resting spot before I shoot them with an arrow. But I distinctly remember one of the overlords I was fighting thank me. I don't know if this relates to your guy's theories, but I never forgot it. Right when I dealt the killing blow, the Draugr mumbled "thank you". Normally I only heard things like this from ghosts that were forced to fight me, and we're happy to be set free when I killed them. It would make sense that the Draugr were under some sort of a spell that makes them walk the halls of crypts.
by Raxvulnax
November 26, 2015
Seeing this thread sparked some question in my head. I have always heard the Draugrs mumbling when I fight them. Normally, I don't give them a chance to get out of their resting spot before I shoot them with an arrow. But I distinctly remember one of the overlords I was fighting thank me. I don't know if this relates to your guy's theories, but I never forgot it. Right when I dealt the killing blow, the Draugr mumbled "thank you". Normally I only heard things like this from ghosts that were forced to fight me, and we're happy to be set free when I killed them. It would make sense that the Draugr were under some sort of a spell that makes them walk the halls of crypts.

Raxvulnax
November 26, 2015

But the other thing that doesn't make sense to me is why there are some Draugr that don't wake up. They are wrapped up in linens and seem to be dead. What is it that makes some of them undead, and the others stay dead, if they are all serving the dragon priests.

by Raxvulnax
November 26, 2015

But the other thing that doesn't make sense to me is why there are some Draugr that don't wake up. They are wrapped up in linens and seem to be dead. What is it that makes some of them undead, and the others stay dead, if they are all serving the dragon priests.

Frinmulaar
November 27, 2015

It may simply be that the embalming process fails sometimes.

On a purely technical note, the Draugr voice file says "unslaad krosis", or "unending sorrow". The most common explanation is that it's a curse directed at the enemy, much like "faaz, paak, dinok" (pain, shame, death).

by Frinmulaar
November 27, 2015

It may simply be that the embalming process fails sometimes.

On a purely technical note, the Draugr voice file says "unslaad krosis", or "unending sorrow". The most common explanation is that it's a curse directed at the enemy, much like "faaz, paak, dinok" (pain, shame, death).

Sahruvthur
November 27, 2015

Interesting, I've never heard a draugr say "thank you" but perhaps if we are hearing more than one saying out of them, then the more likely our theories are true, they might have some more meaning to them than we thought…

by Sahruvthur
November 27, 2015

Interesting, I've never heard a draugr say "thank you" but perhaps if we are hearing more than one saying out of them, then the more likely our theories are true, they might have some more meaning to them than we thought…

Frinmulaar
November 27, 2015

I tried diving into the CK, but didn't find anything from Draugr that wasn't Dovahzul. A link to this "thank you" thing would be nice.

by Frinmulaar
November 27, 2015

I tried diving into the CK, but didn't find anything from Draugr that wasn't Dovahzul. A link to this "thank you" thing would be nice.

Sahruvthur
November 27, 2015

@Freymulaar I have never sent a link before, care to tell me how?

by Sahruvthur
November 27, 2015

@Freymulaar I have never sent a link before, care to tell me how?

Frinmulaar
November 27, 2015

Deyruv, just take whatever it is you're uploading and plunk it in any of the big ones (Drоpbox, Imgur, Youtube, Googlе Drivе...) then throw the URL in this thread.

by Frinmulaar
November 27, 2015

Deyruv, just take whatever it is you're uploading and plunk it in any of the big ones (Drоpbox, Imgur, Youtube, Googlе Drivе...) then throw the URL in this thread.

Sahruvthur
November 27, 2015

Ok my iPod doesn't have that ability so next chance I get on my computer I will send a link

by Sahruvthur
November 27, 2015

Ok my iPod doesn't have that ability so next chance I get on my computer I will send a link

1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.