Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Palindromes

Frinmulaar
December 9, 2015

A palindrome is a sentence that reads the same forwards and backwards. Permanently fascinated by wordplay, I began to wonder if those would be possible in Dovahzul. Here are some of my attempts, from the plausible to the nonsensical (using only canon for good measure).

1. Niid, un hahnu diin.

2. Kiir vonun ov riik.

3. Nuz dokke ek kod zun.

4. Naal bo od do oblaan!

5. Naak lon nol Kaan.

6. Zii, luv los ol vul iiz.

7. Dii tah ov voha tiid.

8. Iiz-aak orin nir okaazii.

Does anyone else have ideas for draconic palindromes? You might want to match latin letters rather than runes, as it seems marginally easier that way.

by Frinmulaar
December 9, 2015

A palindrome is a sentence that reads the same forwards and backwards. Permanently fascinated by wordplay, I began to wonder if those would be possible in Dovahzul. Here are some of my attempts, from the plausible to the nonsensical (using only canon for good measure).

1. Niid, un hahnu diin.

2. Kiir vonun ov riik.

3. Nuz dokke ek kod zun.

4. Naal bo od do oblaan!

5. Naak lon nol Kaan.

6. Zii, luv los ol vul iiz.

7. Dii tah ov voha tiid.

8. Iiz-aak orin nir okaazii.

Does anyone else have ideas for draconic palindromes? You might want to match latin letters rather than runes, as it seems marginally easier that way.

paarthurnax
Administrator
December 10, 2015

Cool thread, Freymulaar! If I was clever enough to think of palindromes I would certainly write some, but unfortunately I'm not very good at it. Be sure to share if you think of any more.

by paarthurnax
December 10, 2015

Cool thread, Freymulaar! If I was clever enough to think of palindromes I would certainly write some, but unfortunately I'm not very good at it. Be sure to share if you think of any more.

DovahKiinZaan
December 13, 2015

I can't think of any in dovahzul. 

by DovahKiinZaan
December 13, 2015

I can't think of any in dovahzul. 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.