Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Daedric Language

1  2 > >>  

YolGoraagKaazah
December 17, 2015

While I was playing Skyrim, I decripted a message in the Daedric Language. (I can't remember exactly what it said, but it was for forging Daedric Armor).  After this, I really thought about this and see if people think Bethesda should do something on the Daedric Language.

English to Daedric Translator

Does anyone know what the Daedric Language is called (Like the Dragon Languge is Dovahzul)

by YolGoraagKaazah
December 17, 2015

While I was playing Skyrim, I decripted a message in the Daedric Language. (I can't remember exactly what it said, but it was for forging Daedric Armor).  After this, I really thought about this and see if people think Bethesda should do something on the Daedric Language.

English to Daedric Translator

Does anyone know what the Daedric Language is called (Like the Dragon Languge is Dovahzul)

onikmey
December 18, 2015

The daedric language is actually common- which if I remember right is based on aldmeri. They just have a different alphabet, known as daedric. 

by onikmey
December 18, 2015

The daedric language is actually common- which if I remember right is based on aldmeri. They just have a different alphabet, known as daedric. 

YolGoraagKaazah
December 18, 2015

But weren't the Daedra before the Aldmer?

by YolGoraagKaazah
December 18, 2015

But weren't the Daedra before the Aldmer?

onikmey
December 18, 2015

true, but for some reason they speak common.

by onikmey
December 18, 2015

true, but for some reason they speak common.

Duryoljot
December 21, 2015

Mer are the closest relatives of the daedra, beings of change in the universe. They were born as the daedra left Mundus and Oblivion was constituted. That's the theory, anyways. Mer are highly magical for a reason. That reason is that they are descendants of higher forces from an age both neverending and nonexistant. Men are, well... men. You should know what I mean by that.

by Duryoljot
December 21, 2015

Mer are the closest relatives of the daedra, beings of change in the universe. They were born as the daedra left Mundus and Oblivion was constituted. That's the theory, anyways. Mer are highly magical for a reason. That reason is that they are descendants of higher forces from an age both neverending and nonexistant. Men are, well... men. You should know what I mean by that.

Emperor of Man
December 25, 2015

But "Daedra" is "not ancestor" in Aldmeri. Aedra means "ancestor." Besides, Aetherius (the realm of the Aedra) is a plane of pure magicka. Really, that is the reason the mer (specifically altmer) are supreme in magic.

by Emperor of Man
December 25, 2015

But "Daedra" is "not ancestor" in Aldmeri. Aedra means "ancestor." Besides, Aetherius (the realm of the Aedra) is a plane of pure magicka. Really, that is the reason the mer (specifically altmer) are supreme in magic.

YolGoraagKaazah
December 25, 2015

But the Orsimer were created from Malacath who was a Daedric Prince. Does that make Orsimer Daedric descendants?  There was an Orc in TES history (I forget his name) who believed Malacath was a fake, creating more lore for the orcs. 

by YolGoraagKaazah
December 25, 2015

But the Orsimer were created from Malacath who was a Daedric Prince. Does that make Orsimer Daedric descendants?  There was an Orc in TES history (I forget his name) who believed Malacath was a fake, creating more lore for the orcs. 

Duryoljot
January 4, 2016

D@mn. I'm hearing some new information here. StrunLokSingh, Daedra surely are connected? They are beings of change, this we should all know by now. The elves are so very alike (or at least the Altmer) to their warring ways!

But I understand my previous mistake now, the Aedra are indeed ancestors, I believe that was in a book in-game.

by Duryoljot
January 4, 2016

D@mn. I'm hearing some new information here. StrunLokSingh, Daedra surely are connected? They are beings of change, this we should all know by now. The elves are so very alike (or at least the Altmer) to their warring ways!

But I understand my previous mistake now, the Aedra are indeed ancestors, I believe that was in a book in-game.

Loniizrath
January 4, 2016
YolGoraagSingh

No, the Orismer were a type of ancient Mer who worshipped Triminac. When Triminac was eaten by Boethiah, his remains became Malacath, and his followers were warped to his image.

by Loniizrath
January 4, 2016
YolGoraagSingh

No, the Orismer were a type of ancient Mer who worshipped Triminac. When Triminac was eaten by Boethiah, his remains became Malacath, and his followers were warped to his image.

YolGoraagKaazah
January 4, 2016

Exactly. Malacath became a Daedra Orcs were created from a Daedra making them Daedric descendants.

by YolGoraagKaazah
January 4, 2016

Exactly. Malacath became a Daedra Orcs were created from a Daedra making them Daedric descendants.

Duryoljot
January 5, 2016

Orcs do have physical features similar to daedra, specifically Malacath, of course.

by Duryoljot
January 5, 2016

Orcs do have physical features similar to daedra, specifically Malacath, of course.

YolGoraagKaazah
January 6, 2016

Anyhoo, back on track.

by YolGoraagKaazah
January 6, 2016

Anyhoo, back on track.

Duryoljot
January 7, 2016

If we're back on track, why don't you get us on a subject?

by Duryoljot
January 7, 2016

If we're back on track, why don't you get us on a subject?

YolGoraagKaazah
January 9, 2016
Read the title. :p
by YolGoraagKaazah
January 9, 2016
Read the title. :p

Viingahlom
January 10, 2016
I think they should it would be interesting to watch and figure out
by Viingahlom
January 10, 2016
I think they should it would be interesting to watch and figure out
 1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.