Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

help pronouncing please!

roinoazoa
December 24, 2015

i am looking to get a tattoo, the phrase i have chose is "dreh fos hi lokaal" - do what you love

i have translated it and will be getting the tattoo with it transcribed, but i feel it would be pretty stupid to get a tattoo of something i do not even know how to pronounce, any help would be very much appreciated!

also if any of you pro's to this language have a suggestion on a more proper way to say this in the dragon language it would be greatly appreciated.

by roinoazoa
December 24, 2015

i am looking to get a tattoo, the phrase i have chose is "dreh fos hi lokaal" - do what you love

i have translated it and will be getting the tattoo with it transcribed, but i feel it would be pretty stupid to get a tattoo of something i do not even know how to pronounce, any help would be very much appreciated!

also if any of you pro's to this language have a suggestion on a more proper way to say this in the dragon language it would be greatly appreciated.

Frinmulaar
December 24, 2015

The phrase would be pronounced

drÉ›: fos çi: lok'a:l

or

DRE (as in dread) foes he  low-KAHL.

Before you get that tattoo, however, a disclaimer is in order. Fos and Lokaal are community-created (non-canon) words, they are not found in Skyrim. The status of many such words is still disputed, and they are in danger of becoming obsolete.

A full-canon equivalent is tricky, but one would be Yah hin smoliin, lit. "seek your passion". If you want to more options, paarthurnax is the most experienced in matters like this.

by Frinmulaar
December 24, 2015

The phrase would be pronounced

drÉ›: fos çi: lok'a:l

or

DRE (as in dread) foes he  low-KAHL.

Before you get that tattoo, however, a disclaimer is in order. Fos and Lokaal are community-created (non-canon) words, they are not found in Skyrim. The status of many such words is still disputed, and they are in danger of becoming obsolete.

A full-canon equivalent is tricky, but one would be Yah hin smoliin, lit. "seek your passion". If you want to more options, paarthurnax is the most experienced in matters like this.

roinoazoa
December 24, 2015

thank you very much for the input, do you mind telling me how you would go about pronouncing Yah hin smoliin? i do like that option and if it is full-canon then that would make it all the better. 

by roinoazoa
December 24, 2015

thank you very much for the input, do you mind telling me how you would go about pronouncing Yah hin smoliin? i do like that option and if it is full-canon then that would make it all the better. 

Raxvulnax
December 25, 2015
It would be pronounced Yah heen smoh-leen
by Raxvulnax
December 25, 2015
It would be pronounced Yah heen smoh-leen

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.