Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Blades, Good or Evil?

BoziikDezAl
December 27, 2015

Do you think that they are famous for being great followers and dragon slayers. Or notorious for attempting to get Parthunaax dead, what do you think? I think that it would break my heart to kill Parthunaax, and I would instead fight the Blades, what's your opinion.

by BoziikDezAl
December 27, 2015

Do you think that they are famous for being great followers and dragon slayers. Or notorious for attempting to get Parthunaax dead, what do you think? I think that it would break my heart to kill Parthunaax, and I would instead fight the Blades, what's your opinion.

volzah zol
December 27, 2015

It depends on the type of character I play. With my main PC, I chose not to help the Blades because of Paarthurnax. Killing him or keeping him alive makes no difference in storyline, the number of continuing dragon attacks, or any skills bonus or special ability whatsoever. So there's really no motivation to kill him, other than the bitterness and misdirection of a hot headed Delphine, and half deaf, senile Esbern. All of the Blades followers are followers you already had, just with shiny new armor. Their skill set (class) doesn't change, their dialogue doesn't change much other than to hear them expound that they are in fact, now Blades. So there's no real incintive to recruit them. Delphine is snotty and really just a tw@t. I can't stand talking to her at all. She exclaims her sworn oath is blah blah blah, yeah what about the Blades sworn oath to protect the Emperor, how'd that work out? The Blades exist to protect and serve the Dragonborn, I think if the Dragonborn says a particular dragon is an ally, they should listen. Without Paarthurnax, the joor could never even have hoped to break free from the tyranny of Alduin to begin with. But there's another issue. It's JUST Paarthurnax Delphine has a problem with. She doesn't say sh!t about Odahviing. And she knows about him because she even says she heard you flew out of Whiterun on the back of a dragon. Her demand to make the Dragonborn kill Paarthurnax looks more like Delphine asserting herself to show who's really the boss, than her 'honoring a sworn oath'. 

by volzah zol
December 27, 2015

It depends on the type of character I play. With my main PC, I chose not to help the Blades because of Paarthurnax. Killing him or keeping him alive makes no difference in storyline, the number of continuing dragon attacks, or any skills bonus or special ability whatsoever. So there's really no motivation to kill him, other than the bitterness and misdirection of a hot headed Delphine, and half deaf, senile Esbern. All of the Blades followers are followers you already had, just with shiny new armor. Their skill set (class) doesn't change, their dialogue doesn't change much other than to hear them expound that they are in fact, now Blades. So there's no real incintive to recruit them. Delphine is snotty and really just a tw@t. I can't stand talking to her at all. She exclaims her sworn oath is blah blah blah, yeah what about the Blades sworn oath to protect the Emperor, how'd that work out? The Blades exist to protect and serve the Dragonborn, I think if the Dragonborn says a particular dragon is an ally, they should listen. Without Paarthurnax, the joor could never even have hoped to break free from the tyranny of Alduin to begin with. But there's another issue. It's JUST Paarthurnax Delphine has a problem with. She doesn't say sh!t about Odahviing. And she knows about him because she even says she heard you flew out of Whiterun on the back of a dragon. Her demand to make the Dragonborn kill Paarthurnax looks more like Delphine asserting herself to show who's really the boss, than her 'honoring a sworn oath'. 

YolGoraagKaazah
December 27, 2015

I honestly think that "hating" the Blades is unreasonable, just because they say "Kill Paarthurnax!" it makes them the most evil thing in the world (< sarcasm). But, without the Blades you were never allowed to finish the main quest which technically means they also saved the world. Now, I'm not implying that the Blades are good guys but they're definitely not the bad guys. The only reason the Blades want to kill Paarthurnax is because he was an evil person in the past, it's justice in my opinion. (such as a massacre which was basically what Paarthurnax did). I honestly think it's like judging every cop, thinking they're just black killers (if you do hate the cops that's like juding every Muslim is in ISIS or every African American is a Gang Member) 

You can't just commit a crime then forget about. What if, Adam Lanza (the Newtown, Connecticut shooter) was never dead, he changed. I don't know about you, I would love to kill him. 

The only reason I DIDN'T kill him is because the Graybeards were going to send thugs and assassins after me (in Skyrim, obviously). I (even in IRL, call me delusional :/) respect the Graybeards, I don't want my character to lose their respect. 

Also, fighting him is quite fun and you get more XP and an extra Dragon Soul.

In conclusion, they're good people, but they're just doing the right thing in the wrong way. So neutral?

@volzoh zol Mind seperating your posts? :p

by YolGoraagKaazah
December 27, 2015

I honestly think that "hating" the Blades is unreasonable, just because they say "Kill Paarthurnax!" it makes them the most evil thing in the world (< sarcasm). But, without the Blades you were never allowed to finish the main quest which technically means they also saved the world. Now, I'm not implying that the Blades are good guys but they're definitely not the bad guys. The only reason the Blades want to kill Paarthurnax is because he was an evil person in the past, it's justice in my opinion. (such as a massacre which was basically what Paarthurnax did). I honestly think it's like judging every cop, thinking they're just black killers (if you do hate the cops that's like juding every Muslim is in ISIS or every African American is a Gang Member) 

You can't just commit a crime then forget about. What if, Adam Lanza (the Newtown, Connecticut shooter) was never dead, he changed. I don't know about you, I would love to kill him. 

The only reason I DIDN'T kill him is because the Graybeards were going to send thugs and assassins after me (in Skyrim, obviously). I (even in IRL, call me delusional :/) respect the Graybeards, I don't want my character to lose their respect. 

Also, fighting him is quite fun and you get more XP and an extra Dragon Soul.

In conclusion, they're good people, but they're just doing the right thing in the wrong way. So neutral?

@volzoh zol Mind seperating your posts? :p

BoziikDezAl
December 27, 2015
It's kind of the same for me, but I won't kill Parthunaax and I kind of hold a grudge for the Blades since they tried to kill him. I know Parthunaax was evil in the past, but I just can't bring myself to kill him. He helps you a lot, and without him, another world would be destroyed by Alduin. Also, "Is it better to be born good, or to overcome evil through great effort."
by BoziikDezAl
December 27, 2015
It's kind of the same for me, but I won't kill Parthunaax and I kind of hold a grudge for the Blades since they tried to kill him. I know Parthunaax was evil in the past, but I just can't bring myself to kill him. He helps you a lot, and without him, another world would be destroyed by Alduin. Also, "Is it better to be born good, or to overcome evil through great effort."

YolGoraagKaazah
December 27, 2015

Off Topic Answer: Overcome evil through great effort. It makes a stronger person (mentally) because you already overcame an evil you would most likely be able to overcome the next evil.

by YolGoraagKaazah
December 27, 2015

Off Topic Answer: Overcome evil through great effort. It makes a stronger person (mentally) because you already overcame an evil you would most likely be able to overcome the next evil.

BoziikDezAl
December 27, 2015
That shows how Parthunaax doesn't deserve such a death. He was the one who said the quote in the first place. His compassion and heart makes it so hard for some to kill him. Also, about the Blades being part of the Main Quests, Parthunaax is even more important than the Blades in the Main Quests.
by BoziikDezAl
December 27, 2015
That shows how Parthunaax doesn't deserve such a death. He was the one who said the quote in the first place. His compassion and heart makes it so hard for some to kill him. Also, about the Blades being part of the Main Quests, Parthunaax is even more important than the Blades in the Main Quests.

Duryoljot
January 5, 2016

Moving on from Paarthy I think the Blades are mostly no better than the racist nords. Arrogant, tough and discrimating fighters who got what they deserved. They are a shame to the Akavir peoples. They hunt the fathers of their own founders for Talos's sake!

by Duryoljot
January 5, 2016

Moving on from Paarthy I think the Blades are mostly no better than the racist nords. Arrogant, tough and discrimating fighters who got what they deserved. They are a shame to the Akavir peoples. They hunt the fathers of their own founders for Talos's sake!

volzah zol
January 6, 2016

The racist nords? Not all nords share Ulfirc's sentiments. That would be like saying all elves are racist and tyrannical by nature. Actually I have said that, but it's true. XD

by volzah zol
January 6, 2016

The racist nords? Not all nords share Ulfirc's sentiments. That would be like saying all elves are racist and tyrannical by nature. Actually I have said that, but it's true. XD

Duryoljot
January 7, 2016

You know what I mean. The general populace. I respect the Nords that do not discriminate, they are better men. But the Blades are worse. They believe every dragon is a menace, and sent you to end Paarthy. Even though he did more than they ever did to benefit man. I think that their actions have never been justified. Leave the dragon hunting to the true Dovahkiin. The one who did not choose the path of the warmongerer.

by Duryoljot
January 7, 2016

You know what I mean. The general populace. I respect the Nords that do not discriminate, they are better men. But the Blades are worse. They believe every dragon is a menace, and sent you to end Paarthy. Even though he did more than they ever did to benefit man. I think that their actions have never been justified. Leave the dragon hunting to the true Dovahkiin. The one who did not choose the path of the warmongerer.

volzah zol
January 7, 2016

I agree for the most part. Like I said before, I think if the Dovahkiin says a particular dragon is an ally, the Blades should follow his lead. Instead, Delphine really cheapens the whole idea and true meaning of the Blades. 

by volzah zol
January 7, 2016

I agree for the most part. Like I said before, I think if the Dovahkiin says a particular dragon is an ally, the Blades should follow his lead. Instead, Delphine really cheapens the whole idea and true meaning of the Blades. 

Duryoljot
January 8, 2016

Insightful, and very true. 

by Duryoljot
January 8, 2016

Insightful, and very true. 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.