Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Expressions in Dovahzul

Kredrahgolyirt
January 1, 2016

Drem yol lok! I am new to this website, and I was wondering what kinds of expressions would all of you out there use in Dovahzul during conversations? Or better yet, what kinds of expressions would all of you like to use in Dovahzul during conversations?

Example (Dovahzul): "Drem yol lok" = greeting

Example (English): "Don't cry over spilled milk." = trifling matter

Notice: I understand there is a section for this under the lessons that covers a few, but we could probably expand on it a lot with a little bit of effort or imagination (and general concesus). Also, i'm currently unaware of whether or not there is a post on this already, as the forums are many, but i am one.

by Kredrahgolyirt
January 1, 2016

Drem yol lok! I am new to this website, and I was wondering what kinds of expressions would all of you out there use in Dovahzul during conversations? Or better yet, what kinds of expressions would all of you like to use in Dovahzul during conversations?

Example (Dovahzul): "Drem yol lok" = greeting

Example (English): "Don't cry over spilled milk." = trifling matter

Notice: I understand there is a section for this under the lessons that covers a few, but we could probably expand on it a lot with a little bit of effort or imagination (and general concesus). Also, i'm currently unaware of whether or not there is a post on this already, as the forums are many, but i am one.

Frinmulaar
January 10, 2016

Pruzah wundunne (lit. "good travels") and Lok, Thu'um ("Sky, Voice") equate to "Goodbye" or "Farewell".

Orin brit ro ("fully beautiful balance") does the duty of "Oh, the irony!"

Speaking outside of canon, Tiid bo viing ("time fly wing") means "it is time for me to leave".

Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

by Frinmulaar
January 10, 2016

Pruzah wundunne (lit. "good travels") and Lok, Thu'um ("Sky, Voice") equate to "Goodbye" or "Farewell".

Orin brit ro ("fully beautiful balance") does the duty of "Oh, the irony!"

Speaking outside of canon, Tiid bo viing ("time fly wing") means "it is time for me to leave".

Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.