Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzul Dictionary -- Android app

Arngeir
August 27, 2013

Drem yol lok Im here too announce a halfway project in which Im working right now, with authorization from paarthurnax. Im creating an android phone app which allows offline use of an updated Dovahzul dictionary, updatable thought the internet, from a file uploaded by paarthurnax. It currently is halfway done, and will have a search function in English, Dovahzul, exact match or no exact match. Later on I may add an alphabetical dictionary like the one on the site. Anyway, leave ideas and comments! Thanks :)

by Arngeir
August 27, 2013

Drem yol lok Im here too announce a halfway project in which Im working right now, with authorization from paarthurnax. Im creating an android phone app which allows offline use of an updated Dovahzul dictionary, updatable thought the internet, from a file uploaded by paarthurnax. It currently is halfway done, and will have a search function in English, Dovahzul, exact match or no exact match. Later on I may add an alphabetical dictionary like the one on the site. Anyway, leave ideas and comments! Thanks :)

otakufreak40
September 6, 2013

I know that there are some Android apps that can be used on the Kindle Fire and the like. Will this be able to be one of them?

by otakufreak40
September 6, 2013

I know that there are some Android apps that can be used on the Kindle Fire and the like. Will this be able to be one of them?

Arngeir
September 11, 2013

As long as the operating sistem suports the sintax from gingerbread, which it probably does, it should work there as well. From wikipedia: "The first generation of Kindle Fire devices run a customized Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS." It should work very well, but i dont own any tablet so i dont now how the layout will look like on a tablet.

by Arngeir
September 11, 2013

As long as the operating sistem suports the sintax from gingerbread, which it probably does, it should work there as well. From wikipedia: "The first generation of Kindle Fire devices run a customized Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS." It should work very well, but i dont own any tablet so i dont now how the layout will look like on a tablet.

ogichi00
November 13, 2013

This post has been deleted.

by ogichi00
November 13, 2013

ogichi00
November 13, 2013

Will this app be on IOS as well?

by ogichi00
November 13, 2013

Arngeir
December 19, 2013
ogichi00

I dont think it will, right now i dont own any IDevice, and I am not experienced with ios development.

But the app is about to be launched on google play, so stay tunned with this thread

by Arngeir
December 19, 2013
ogichi00

I dont think it will, right now i dont own any IDevice, and I am not experienced with ios development.

But the app is about to be launched on google play, so stay tunned with this thread

Arngeir
January 18, 2014

Just to let you know, in case you don't already, the app was realed on google play some time ago :D

It will be updated often, so don't forget to check on it :D

Read more info here:

http://thuum.org/viewthread.php?thread=223

by Arngeir
January 18, 2014

Just to let you know, in case you don't already, the app was realed on google play some time ago :D

It will be updated often, so don't forget to check on it :D

Read more info here:

http://thuum.org/viewthread.php?thread=223

Jzargo01
February 4, 2014

Can't Wait!

by Jzargo01
February 4, 2014

Can't Wait!

Jzargo01
February 4, 2014

You should also make it for Apple products, such as iPods, iPhones, iPads, ect.

by Jzargo01
February 4, 2014

Arngeir
February 5, 2014
Jzargo01

Sorry, I only program for android. It is completly different to make the app compatible with Apple pruducts. I would need to learn another language, another sintax, install a lot of things... And I would need one to test the app as well...

Sorry for the incovinience

Android app is out though. Just search for dovahzul dictionary on google play

by Arngeir
February 5, 2014
Jzargo01

Sorry, I only program for android. It is completly different to make the app compatible with Apple pruducts. I would need to learn another language, another sintax, install a lot of things... And I would need one to test the app as well...

Sorry for the incovinience

Android app is out though. Just search for dovahzul dictionary on google play

HevnoKeinIn
March 4, 2016

by HevnoKeinIn
March 4, 2016

onikmey
March 4, 2016

I think the app is out of date.

by onikmey
March 4, 2016

I think the app is out of date.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.