Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Memrise: "Dovahzul: Dragon Shouts"

1  2 > >>  

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 19, 2016

Thanks for sharing, Loki.

I would suggest replacing the English definitions with the name of the actual shout. For example, you should match Raan Mir Tah with "Animal Allegiance" rather than "Animal, Allegiance, Pack". I'd still keep the English definitions in the notes. Otherwise it's a duplicate of the existing course, but with three words at at a time rather than one.

by paarthurnax
March 19, 2016

I would suggest replacing the English definitions with the name of the actual shout. For example, you should match Raan Mir Tah with "Animal Allegiance" rather than "Animal, Allegiance, Pack". I'd still keep the English definitions in the notes. Otherwise it's a duplicate of the existing course, but with three words at at a time rather than one.

Orkar Isber
March 20, 2016

i would also appreciate if it would be possible to use the audio of the ingame files for the shouts so that you can actually hear the shouts that would help a hell lot learning them and memorising them for audio based learners

by Orkar Isber
March 20, 2016

i would also appreciate if it would be possible to use the audio of the ingame files for the shouts so that you can actually hear the shouts that would help a hell lot learning them and memorising them for audio based learners

LokitheKing
March 20, 2016
paarthurnax

I will try to do this when next I can as i found it was also a little confusing.

by LokitheKing
March 20, 2016
paarthurnax

I will try to do this when next I can as i found it was also a little confusing.

LokitheKing
March 20, 2016
Orkar Isber

I don't know how I would do that and I don't don't what I could do legally get them.

by LokitheKing
March 20, 2016
Orkar Isber

I don't know how I would do that and I don't don't what I could do legally get them.

Orkar Isber
March 20, 2016
LokitheKing

Well 100% legal is nothing here - by making your shout course you basicly already used Bethesdas property without their agreement and thus the course is not legal BUT Bethesda wont sue you for it they dont care as long as you dont use the course commercially without their permission. Since you already used their material - dovahzul shouts including the trademarked Fus Ro Dah you depend on their good will anyway and may as well use the audio provided for the shouts in addition it really adds nothing to the bill in legal terms.

How to do it - you can either extract the sound from the sound files in your game directory or copy them from youtube videos that have those shouts, you can perfectly legal download any video from youtube and any program able to cut MP3s will do the rest

by Orkar Isber
March 20, 2016
LokitheKing

Well 100% legal is nothing here - by making your shout course you basicly already used Bethesdas property without their agreement and thus the course is not legal BUT Bethesda wont sue you for it they dont care as long as you dont use the course commercially without their permission. Since you already used their material - dovahzul shouts including the trademarked Fus Ro Dah you depend on their good will anyway and may as well use the audio provided for the shouts in addition it really adds nothing to the bill in legal terms.

How to do it - you can either extract the sound from the sound files in your game directory or copy them from youtube videos that have those shouts, you can perfectly legal download any video from youtube and any program able to cut MP3s will do the rest

LokitheKing
March 20, 2016
Orkar Isber

I will have to see. No guarantees.

by LokitheKing
March 20, 2016
Orkar Isber

I will have to see. No guarantees.

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 20, 2016

Every Shout audio is also available on The Elder Scrolls wiki.

by paarthurnax
March 20, 2016

LokitheKing
March 20, 2016
paarthurnax

Thanks.

by LokitheKing
March 20, 2016
paarthurnax

Thanks.

LokitheKing
March 21, 2016
paarthurnax

I have started to change the english to the name of the shout.

by LokitheKing
March 21, 2016
paarthurnax

I have started to change the english to the name of the shout.

LokitheKing
March 21, 2016

Quick Question: Is the forum visible to on the memrise page? I want to know as I have identified a small problem and am working to fix it.

by LokitheKing
March 21, 2016

Quick Question: Is the forum visible to on the memrise page? I want to know as I have identified a small problem and am working to fix it.

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 21, 2016
LokitheKing

Yes, the forum is visible.

by paarthurnax
March 21, 2016
LokitheKing

LokitheKing
March 21, 2016
paarthurnax

Thanks, I wanted to know so that I wasn't just posting things there and people not being able to see it.

by LokitheKing
March 21, 2016
paarthurnax

Thanks, I wanted to know so that I wasn't just posting things there and people not being able to see it.

LokitheKing
March 21, 2016
paarthurnax

I just had an idea for the Inbox (that I'm sure other people have said): I think that a time sent indicator on each message could be useful.

by LokitheKing
March 21, 2016
paarthurnax

I just had an idea for the Inbox (that I'm sure other people have said): I think that a time sent indicator on each message could be useful.

LokitheKing
March 22, 2016
paarthurnax

I think that I have fixed the problem (which was word duplication and missing shouts.) I don't know if I got all the shouts in though. I also changed the english the way you suggested. I have done nothing in the ways of audio.

by LokitheKing
March 22, 2016
paarthurnax

I think that I have fixed the problem (which was word duplication and missing shouts.) I don't know if I got all the shouts in though. I also changed the english the way you suggested. I have done nothing in the ways of audio.

1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.