Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Community Mod?

1  2  3  10  11  12  13 > >>  

Mirkrilaar
March 21, 2016
I just randomly thought of an idea about a mod for Skyrim. What if someone makes a mod about us? All of our community's characters into one single mod. Here's my thoughts:

1) Everyone will voice their own character

2) Free to choose any race and design your character however you want

2) I figured that since we are all learning dovahzul, that maybt all of the characters wear greybeard robes.

I'm not sure where to go with this idea yet, but I like the foundation. If I come up with any more additions or ideas, I'll be sure to add them. If you have your own, feel free to share!
by Mirkrilaar
March 21, 2016
I just randomly thought of an idea about a mod for Skyrim. What if someone makes a mod about us? All of our community's characters into one single mod. Here's my thoughts:

1) Everyone will voice their own character

2) Free to choose any race and design your character however you want

2) I figured that since we are all learning dovahzul, that maybt all of the characters wear greybeard robes.

I'm not sure where to go with this idea yet, but I like the foundation. If I come up with any more additions or ideas, I'll be sure to add them. If you have your own, feel free to share!

Malboviing
March 21, 2016

I do not have anything to suggest, but it is a great idea! If we could do something like that I'd fully participate to the best of my abilities.

by Malboviing
March 21, 2016

I do not have anything to suggest, but it is a great idea! If we could do something like that I'd fully participate to the best of my abilities.

Nirboraan
March 22, 2016

I know a decent amount about the Creation Kit, and would love to both take on a unique project such as this, but to also try voice acting myself, so I'd love to help. I currently already have been working a bit on a mod I plan to be nearly as big as Falskaar, and I could easily work dragonlore into it. Also, a good place to start would be anyone who wants to participate exporting their Skyrim characters to be made into NPCs, and submitting a voice demo, in character and out of character. Lines in dovahzul would be great too!

by Nirboraan
March 22, 2016

I know a decent amount about the Creation Kit, and would love to both take on a unique project such as this, but to also try voice acting myself, so I'd love to help. I currently already have been working a bit on a mod I plan to be nearly as big as Falskaar, and I could easily work dragonlore into it. Also, a good place to start would be anyone who wants to participate exporting their Skyrim characters to be made into NPCs, and submitting a voice demo, in character and out of character. Lines in dovahzul would be great too!

Mirkrilaar
March 22, 2016
I'm sure that if you're up to the task, you sure can do such. But I'd really like to have a lot of contribution from the voice acting part of the mod, as I don't believe not many members have microphones or high quality sound recording equipment. Even with the mod and if it does have voice and dialoug, a player could tell in less than a second that the vicie was recorded on a microphone due to the quality. Including me.
by Mirkrilaar
March 22, 2016
I'm sure that if you're up to the task, you sure can do such. But I'd really like to have a lot of contribution from the voice acting part of the mod, as I don't believe not many members have microphones or high quality sound recording equipment. Even with the mod and if it does have voice and dialoug, a player could tell in less than a second that the vicie was recorded on a microphone due to the quality. Including me.

Dezonikso
March 22, 2016
I fully support this mod, Mir! I'm all for helping out with voice acting and perhaps plot or content planning!
by Dezonikso
March 22, 2016
I fully support this mod, Mir! I'm all for helping out with voice acting and perhaps plot or content planning!

Mirkrilaar
March 23, 2016

Awesome! I want to see who else has any ideas. The more the better!

by Mirkrilaar
March 23, 2016

Awesome! I want to see who else has any ideas. The more the better!

Malboviing
March 23, 2016

We could just use one of the many voices in the game for each person. For example, a Khajiit wouldn't really talk like a normal person, so we could use one of the pre-existing voices, just dialogue could be written by the specific person for their character. That could solve the recording voices problem.

by Malboviing
March 23, 2016

We could just use one of the many voices in the game for each person. For example, a Khajiit wouldn't really talk like a normal person, so we could use one of the pre-existing voices, just dialogue could be written by the specific person for their character. That could solve the recording voices problem.

Mirkrilaar
March 23, 2016
That's an issue because then the khajiit won't have dialouge.
by Mirkrilaar
March 23, 2016
That's an issue because then the khajiit won't have dialouge.

Malboviing
March 23, 2016

I was giving an example. You use the way the words are said (accent), while allowing the person that actually is supposed to be the character writes the dialogue that the character said.

by Malboviing
March 23, 2016

I was giving an example. You use the way the words are said (accent), while allowing the person that actually is supposed to be the character writes the dialogue that the character said.

Malboviing
March 23, 2016

*Says not said.

by Malboviing
March 23, 2016

*Says not said.

Nirboraan
March 23, 2016

I think what Frigi means is someone writes lines for their own character, and community members with higher quality microphones read the lines for them, which would be a great idea, since even Skyrim used the same voice actors for many characters.

by Nirboraan
March 23, 2016

I think what Frigi means is someone writes lines for their own character, and community members with higher quality microphones read the lines for them, which would be a great idea, since even Skyrim used the same voice actors for many characters.

Malboviing
March 23, 2016

Yes that is what I mean. Thank you Nir.

by Malboviing
March 23, 2016

Yes that is what I mean. Thank you Nir.

Mirkrilaar
March 23, 2016
That actually seems plausable. I suppose that would depend on if the person wants someone else to voice their own character or not.
by Mirkrilaar
March 23, 2016
That actually seems plausable. I suppose that would depend on if the person wants someone else to voice their own character or not.

Malboviing
March 23, 2016

True.

by Malboviing
March 23, 2016

True.

Frinmulaar
March 23, 2016

I possess a good quality microphone and a large audio editing toolset and would like to contribute to this project, if you so will.

by Frinmulaar
March 23, 2016

I possess a good quality microphone and a large audio editing toolset and would like to contribute to this project, if you so will.

1  2  3  10  11  12  13 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.