Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

All The Dialogue in TESV: Skyrim

otakufreak40
September 12, 2013

I found a post on /r/skyrim that has a download link of every line in TESV. In just a few lines, I saw two or three words we didn't seem to have translations for yet. I thought I'd share a link to help fill the gaps.

Click HERE.

And in case you're a little wary in case the file's not safe, I've had it on my computer for months, and it hasn't affected me at all.

by otakufreak40
September 12, 2013

I found a post on /r/skyrim that has a download link of every line in TESV. In just a few lines, I saw two or three words we didn't seem to have translations for yet. I thought I'd share a link to help fill the gaps.

Click HERE.

And in case you're a little wary in case the file's not safe, I've had it on my computer for months, and it hasn't affected me at all.

paarthurnax
Administrator
September 12, 2013

This is fantastic, thank you for sharing.  It will definitely be useful for verifying Dovahzul dialogue.

Edit: It even gives translations for all the Dovahzul lines!

Edit 2: Krosis if I hijack this thread to post interesting translations.

by paarthurnax
September 12, 2013

This is fantastic, thank you for sharing.  It will definitely be useful for verifying Dovahzul dialogue.

Edit: It even gives translations for all the Dovahzul lines!

Edit 2: Krosis if I hijack this thread to post interesting translations.

paarthurnax
Administrator
September 12, 2013

Ful, losei Dovahkiin? Zu'u koraav nid nol dov do hi.    

So, you're the Dragonborn? I see nothing of the dragon about you.

So, "losei" is apparently a compound of "hi los".

(Prophecy is a weak guide)Qostiid= prophecy (KWOWES-teed)

This gives some insight into the pronunciation of "Q" as opposed to "K".  There is are "w" sounds before and after the vowel, pronounced like "quo".

by paarthurnax
September 12, 2013

Ful, losei Dovahkiin? Zu'u koraav nid nol dov do hi.    

So, you're the Dragonborn? I see nothing of the dragon about you.

So, "losei" is apparently a compound of "hi los".

(Prophecy is a weak guide)Qostiid= prophecy (KWOWES-teed)

This gives some insight into the pronunciation of "Q" as opposed to "K".  There is are "w" sounds before and after the vowel, pronounced like "quo".

otakufreak40
September 13, 2013

In which case, the lessons (especially the first) might need an upgrade. "Qostiid" is still shown as "coast-eed", for example.

by otakufreak40
September 13, 2013

In which case, the lessons (especially the first) might need an upgrade. "Qostiid" is still shown as "coast-eed", for example.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.