Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dark Souls

1  2 > >>  

sunbrosforlife
May 16, 2016

I was wondering, does anyone here play Dark Souls?

If so, what kind of characters do you tend to go for?

Would you want to see any Dark Souls mechanics in Elder Scrolls or vice versa?

by sunbrosforlife
May 16, 2016

I was wondering, does anyone here play Dark Souls?

If so, what kind of characters do you tend to go for?

Would you want to see any Dark Souls mechanics in Elder Scrolls or vice versa?

Duryoljot
May 17, 2016

I play the first and third games (the second one is freaking broken), and I love doing magic overhaul. I have so many spells, rings, and random abilities I couldn't tell you the effects of half of them! 

As for game mechanics, I can't see how that would work well.  Combat in that game is made almost entirely with bosses in mind... The Elder Scrolls magic is fun, and I think if there was some Dark Souls brutality intergrated it would only be improved. 

The multiplayer is nice, though. A welcome addition to any Elder Scrolls game.

by Duryoljot
May 17, 2016

I play the first and third games (the second one is freaking broken), and I love doing magic overhaul. I have so many spells, rings, and random abilities I couldn't tell you the effects of half of them! 

As for game mechanics, I can't see how that would work well.  Combat in that game is made almost entirely with bosses in mind... The Elder Scrolls magic is fun, and I think if there was some Dark Souls brutality intergrated it would only be improved. 

sunbrosforlife
May 17, 2016
Duryoljot

I have played Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls II.  Can't wait until I can buy Dark Souls III!  

I think on the harder difficulties, The Elder Scrolls should at leats somewhat resemble Dark Souls. Not just increasing health and damage until they are impossible to kill *cough cough Skyrim legendary difficulty cough cough* but making the enemies and world harsher.  I agree with the magic. I think all spells should stay viable, based on versatility. I mean, how lond did you use Flames? You stop once you can cast Firebolt well. In Dark Souls, I used Soul Arrow the entire game.

And obviously, Elder Scrolls multiplayer would be amazing.  That's what I thoughtthey were going to do with ESO, but they made it an MMO. Oh well.  I would want the multiplayer to work sort of like Minecraft.  Your world was a server, and at any time you can choose to make it online or offline.  Others could join based on preferences, such as friends only, certain number of people, within a level range, etc.

by sunbrosforlife
May 17, 2016
Duryoljot

I have played Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls II.  Can't wait until I can buy Dark Souls III!  

I think on the harder difficulties, The Elder Scrolls should at leats somewhat resemble Dark Souls. Not just increasing health and damage until they are impossible to kill *cough cough Skyrim legendary difficulty cough cough* but making the enemies and world harsher.  I agree with the magic. I think all spells should stay viable, based on versatility. I mean, how lond did you use Flames? You stop once you can cast Firebolt well. In Dark Souls, I used Soul Arrow the entire game.

And obviously, Elder Scrolls multiplayer would be amazing.  That's what I thoughtthey were going to do with ESO, but they made it an MMO. Oh well.  I would want the multiplayer to work sort of like Minecraft.  Your world was a server, and at any time you can choose to make it online or offline.  Others could join based on preferences, such as friends only, certain number of people, within a level range, etc.

Duryoljot
May 18, 2016

Yes. Dark Souls II had the most stupid system, it was the number of souls you had collected... Meaning that freaking godlike players who didn't care about souls could invade you and beat the shit out of you whenever they wanted.

by Duryoljot
May 18, 2016

Yes. Dark Souls II had the most stupid system, it was the number of souls you had collected... Meaning that freaking godlike players who didn't care about souls could invade you and beat the shit out of you whenever they wanted.

sunbrosforlife
May 18, 2016
Duryoljot

Ik.  It also means twink builds were easy to do.  I hated getting twinked.

by sunbrosforlife
May 18, 2016
Duryoljot

Ik.  It also means twink builds were easy to do.  I hated getting twinked.

Duryoljot
May 18, 2016

XD same. Remember those freaking psychopaths that would charge at you, do a 360, and launch you off the map?

I still am terrified that some crazy exploit will result in something like that in Dark Souls III, have not yet found one fortueately... Or have I?!

by Duryoljot
May 18, 2016

XD same. Remember those freaking psychopaths that would charge at you, do a 360, and launch you off the map?

I still am terrified that some crazy exploit will result in something like that in Dark Souls III, have not yet found one fortueately... Or have I?!

sunbrosforlife
May 20, 2016
Duryoljot

DUN DUN DUN.

I hated those guys.  I remember during my first playthrough i kept getting invaded (like 15 times) by a guy who kept suiciding to kill me in the most bullshit way until I managed to kill the Pursuer and get more soul memory than him.  (Keep in mind I had never played a souls game until that point, and he had FULL HAVEL'S)

by sunbrosforlife
May 20, 2016
Duryoljot

DUN DUN DUN.

I hated those guys.  I remember during my first playthrough i kept getting invaded (like 15 times) by a guy who kept suiciding to kill me in the most bullshit way until I managed to kill the Pursuer and get more soul memory than him.  (Keep in mind I had never played a souls game until that point, and he had FULL HAVEL'S)

Duryoljot
May 20, 2016

XD You poor bastard that must have been hell on Earth. 

Everything about that game was broken! The combat was freaking stupid... but III is more than I could ask for, it's freaking beautiful. Music is the right kind of depressing and epic blend, the enemies look macabre, even Lovecraftian, and players actually have to think if they want to do battle with each other!

by Duryoljot
May 20, 2016

Everything about that game was broken! The combat was freaking stupid... but III is more than I could ask for, it's freaking beautiful. Music is the right kind of depressing and epic blend, the enemies look macabre, even Lovecraftian, and players actually have to think if they want to do battle with each other!

sunbrosforlife
May 20, 2016
Duryoljot

Yeah. Not gonna lie. Almost quit right there. Good thing I didn't, since the fun of Dark Souls is persevering.  

Not sure exactly whatmean when you said that the combat was stupid.  It seemed fine, if a little easier than what I hoped.

I do love the art style and music with Dark Souls III.  The slightly lovecraftian design was great, but I do think the last third of Bloodborne captured the Lovecraft theme extremely well.  Kind of creeped me out, actually. XD.

by sunbrosforlife
May 20, 2016
Duryoljot

Yeah. Not gonna lie. Almost quit right there. Good thing I didn't, since the fun of Dark Souls is persevering.  

Not sure exactly whatmean when you said that the combat was stupid.  It seemed fine, if a little easier than what I hoped.

I do love the art style and music with Dark Souls III.  The slightly lovecraftian design was great, but I do think the last third of Bloodborne captured the Lovecraft theme extremely well.  Kind of creeped me out, actually. XD.

Duryoljot
May 23, 2016

Yeah, wasn't the lead writer/designer off making Bloodborne or something when Dark Souls II was made?

by Duryoljot
May 23, 2016

Yeah, wasn't the lead writer/designer off making Bloodborne or something when Dark Souls II was made?

sunbrosforlife
May 23, 2016
Duryoljot

He might've. I'm not sure.

by sunbrosforlife
May 23, 2016
Duryoljot

He might've. I'm not sure.

Onikhah
May 24, 2016
In terms of builds when perusing the Souls games, I generally go for 3 setups:

1.Pyromancy w/some Dex for melee
2.Bow Build (Longbow, usually)
3.Caestus (Because why not?)

I also try to keep as unencumbered as possible and use generally lighter armor (I figure I'd rather dodge an attack than tank it, y'know?)

If I had to integrate one system into another, I'd say give Dark Souls the ES Magic system. I don't know why, but the limited casts deal seems kind of restricting for anyone wanting to play pure mage/cleric/pyro. Glad they went back to good ol' MP (or FP) for DaS3.
by Onikhah
May 24, 2016
In terms of builds when perusing the Souls games, I generally go for 3 setups:

1.Pyromancy w/some Dex for melee

2.Bow Build (Longbow, usually)

3.Caestus (Because why not?)

I also try to keep as unencumbered as possible and use generally lighter armor (I figure I'd rather dodge an attack than tank it, y'know?)

If I had to integrate one system into another, I'd say give Dark Souls the ES Magic system. I don't know why, but the limited casts deal seems kind of restricting for anyone wanting to play pure mage/cleric/pyro. Glad they went back to good ol' MP (or FP) for DaS3.

Duryoljot
May 24, 2016

*clap clap clap clap clap*

Bravo, fine gentleman! Bravo!

I would love to see some replacements for the Dark Blade, as it has become kind of old seeing all sorts of players whipping that bitch out (leaving them susceptible to oodles and oodles of pyro attacks) and start twirling around like a ballerina (an immolated ballerina).

by Duryoljot
May 24, 2016

*clap clap clap clap clap*

Bravo, fine gentleman! Bravo!

I would love to see some replacements for the Dark Blade, as it has become kind of old seeing all sorts of players whipping that bitch out (leaving them susceptible to oodles and oodles of pyro attacks) and start twirling around like a ballerina (an immolated ballerina).

Vulreytholm
June 5, 2016
My older brother bought the first and second for the ps3 them got the third one for the xbox one once it came out. My oldest brother then got the third for the ps4. I play a knight and I really have only defeated one boss...yeah...
by Vulreytholm
June 5, 2016
My older brother bought the first and second for the ps3 them got the third one for the xbox one once it came out. My oldest brother then got the third for the ps4. I play a knight and I really have only defeated one boss...yeah...

dovahnite
June 19, 2016

Every few months or so I pick up Dark Souls 1, but unfortunately the skills of Skyrim do not seem to translate very well into the skills of Dark Souls. It took me hours to beat the tutorial boss, and I've been pretty solidly stuck in the Undead Burg ever since then :/

by dovahnite
June 19, 2016

Every few months or so I pick up Dark Souls 1, but unfortunately the skills of Skyrim do not seem to translate very well into the skills of Dark Souls. It took me hours to beat the tutorial boss, and I've been pretty solidly stuck in the Undead Burg ever since then :/

1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.