Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

ESO on Xbox One?

ASTORKiT
May 19, 2016

I've been subscribed to ESO plus for almost a year, and I don't play it as much as I should do. It does make me feel a bit bad about it, so if anyone plays the Xbox One edition, European server, I'd be happy to hang out with some other players. It'd get me to play it more, at least.

I also have the PC version, again, European server, so hit me up in this thread.

by ASTORKiT
May 19, 2016

I've been subscribed to ESO plus for almost a year, and I don't play it as much as I should do. It does make me feel a bit bad about it, so if anyone plays the Xbox One edition, European server, I'd be happy to hang out with some other players. It'd get me to play it more, at least.

I also have the PC version, again, European server, so hit me up in this thread.

Duryoljot
May 19, 2016

XD I'm a lowly American. Well, to be fair if we did play together I defiinetely would have more experience than you, I play every weekend before Skyrim and Halo. So if we did you might find yourself... behind. I don't like dooming lower levels to untimely death unless I mean to, which isn't that often on ESO. Tamriel United is also not a very good name considering the attitude of it's players, is it?

by Duryoljot
May 19, 2016

XD I'm a lowly American. Well, to be fair if we did play together I defiinetely would have more experience than you, I play every weekend before Skyrim and Halo. So if we did you might find yourself... behind. I don't like dooming lower levels to untimely death unless I mean to, which isn't that often on ESO. Tamriel United is also not a very good name considering the attitude of it's players, is it?

Ouranos
May 19, 2016

Okay, kind of off-topic, but I've been hearing mixed reviews on this game. Some people say that it's trash, others say that it is pretty good. How is it actually?

by Ouranos
May 19, 2016

Okay, kind of off-topic, but I've been hearing mixed reviews on this game. Some people say that it's trash, others say that it is pretty good. How is it actually?

ASTORKiT
May 19, 2016

@Duryoljot: I'm not looking to Try-Hard this game, I just play it as and when I feel like it, so I get a lot more enjoyment out of it doing the casual play attempts. And it's not Tamriel United, it's Tamriel Unlimited.

@Ouranos: I quite enjoy it, even if it is a little unforgiving. I played the beta back on PC before it launched and it did put me off quite a bit, but I have to say since playing I've got quite into it and I've enjoyed what I've played immensely. It's not like Skyrim, but it is like Skyrim, it's hard to pinpoint. Besides, how could you hate a game that has a butt slider in character creation?

by ASTORKiT
May 19, 2016

@Duryoljot: I'm not looking to Try-Hard this game, I just play it as and when I feel like it, so I get a lot more enjoyment out of it doing the casual play attempts. And it's not Tamriel United, it's Tamriel Unlimited.

@Ouranos: I quite enjoy it, even if it is a little unforgiving. I played the beta back on PC before it launched and it did put me off quite a bit, but I have to say since playing I've got quite into it and I've enjoyed what I've played immensely. It's not like Skyrim, but it is like Skyrim, it's hard to pinpoint. Besides, how could you hate a game that has a butt slider in character creation?

Orkar Isber
May 19, 2016

I was part of the closed beta and made a nice long loooong guide for the developers whats wrong with the game and well until now the fixed most of it.

I enjoy playing TESO - it has some very cool things that i miss in other MMOs like stealing, NPC based factions you can join, a lot of usage of player skill as you gotta aim and evade yourself instead of some calculation and it does have quite massive PvP even more so than WoW which can also be a problem cause as melee you simply dont survive, if you get close to anything there are 50 ppl firing at you good luck.

i like that you can do most of the game all by yourself, except dungeons but 2 - 3 skilled players are enough to suceed. Playing together isnt really TESOs strong point so they kinda missed the Multiplayer in MMO, it has gotten better but its not its strong point rly. 

Positively, the phasing etc. allows for great RP experiences and all dialogues are voiced, graphics are cool and characters are barely restricted - you want a heavy armored mage? go for it. You can basicly create your own class allowing for great and very fun builds which i like, also since you can evolve anyway you want you cant mess up a character either. Your main class defines some skills that you get as does your race but its not that important in actual gameplay unless you go for absolute high end game were right now dark elf dragonknight is best DD and imperial templar is best tank. For pvp the thief class with bow has some very strong builds and great survival but really you wont need that in gameplay and the differences between races and classes aint that important as example dark efls do 3% more damage with fire based attacks...thats really not much. However racials change, once Nord had a buff to melee damage then they got more HP and ended up with taking less damage

by Orkar Isber
May 19, 2016

I was part of the closed beta and made a nice long loooong guide for the developers whats wrong with the game and well until now the fixed most of it.

I enjoy playing TESO - it has some very cool things that i miss in other MMOs like stealing, NPC based factions you can join, a lot of usage of player skill as you gotta aim and evade yourself instead of some calculation and it does have quite massive PvP even more so than WoW which can also be a problem cause as melee you simply dont survive, if you get close to anything there are 50 ppl firing at you good luck.

i like that you can do most of the game all by yourself, except dungeons but 2 - 3 skilled players are enough to suceed. Playing together isnt really TESOs strong point so they kinda missed the Multiplayer in MMO, it has gotten better but its not its strong point rly. 

Positively, the phasing etc. allows for great RP experiences and all dialogues are voiced, graphics are cool and characters are barely restricted - you want a heavy armored mage? go for it. You can basicly create your own class allowing for great and very fun builds which i like, also since you can evolve anyway you want you cant mess up a character either. Your main class defines some skills that you get as does your race but its not that important in actual gameplay unless you go for absolute high end game were right now dark elf dragonknight is best DD and imperial templar is best tank. For pvp the thief class with bow has some very strong builds and great survival but really you wont need that in gameplay and the differences between races and classes aint that important as example dark efls do 3% more damage with fire based attacks...thats really not much. However racials change, once Nord had a buff to melee damage then they got more HP and ended up with taking less damage

Ouranos
May 19, 2016

I guess what my problem with it is that they called it an Elder Scrolls game. That seems to be what gets most people. From what I see it isn't enough like ES games to really be called one. Other than that it looks pretty good... (I did a little research on it)

by Ouranos
May 19, 2016

I guess what my problem with it is that they called it an Elder Scrolls game. That seems to be what gets most people. From what I see it isn't enough like ES games to really be called one. Other than that it looks pretty good... (I did a little research on it)

Orkar Isber
May 19, 2016

well its enough TES for me. It uses the TES Lore quite well and effectively, the quests, landscapes etc. are very well done and with the exception of cyrodiil in line with the lore, the creatures you fight are in accordance with the lore...and while its not really open world you can explore a hell lot and for an astoning long time.

Some people are upset that Zenimax developed it and Bethesda only got a minor role in development but then again Zenimax is a part of the Bethesda corp. so basicly its one and the same anyway. 

I have seen the complaints that TESO aint TES a hell lot but really the only thing in TES that is kinda not TES as i experienced it in the past is other people running around. It is quite open world you can explore your ass off and the leveling system is nice, definitely better than in the previous parts. The only real complaint i have are some inconsistencies with the lore like cyrodiil not being a massive jungle but then again...they explained it how that could happen so im kinda ok with it. I dont really like that they basicly remade the Oblivion story, they could have been more creative but it was presented in a nice kinda fresh way

by Orkar Isber
May 19, 2016

well its enough TES for me. It uses the TES Lore quite well and effectively, the quests, landscapes etc. are very well done and with the exception of cyrodiil in line with the lore, the creatures you fight are in accordance with the lore...and while its not really open world you can explore a hell lot and for an astoning long time.

Some people are upset that Zenimax developed it and Bethesda only got a minor role in development but then again Zenimax is a part of the Bethesda corp. so basicly its one and the same anyway. 

I have seen the complaints that TESO aint TES a hell lot but really the only thing in TES that is kinda not TES as i experienced it in the past is other people running around. It is quite open world you can explore your ass off and the leveling system is nice, definitely better than in the previous parts. The only real complaint i have are some inconsistencies with the lore like cyrodiil not being a massive jungle but then again...they explained it how that could happen so im kinda ok with it. I dont really like that they basicly remade the Oblivion story, they could have been more creative but it was presented in a nice kinda fresh way

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.