Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Help me find a reptile match!

Ahkrinalok
May 28, 2016

I've finally mustered the courage to start applying for jobs near me after a long time of suffering from pretty severe social anxiety, so since I might be getting an income soon, I want to invest in a second reptile buddy. :3

I have three birds, two dogs, a crested gecko, and an aquarium.

I have some criteria here if you'd like to help me do some research on my best match:

- It has to be relatively low maintenance (like a crested gecko)

- It must be able to fit in a maximum 20 gallon terrarium

- It cannot be aggressive

- It must be something that can be handled without distressing it

- It cannot eat crickets or frozen feeder animals (my mom is the one with complaints about that >.>)

- It cannot be a reptile that costs over $350 CAD individually ($400 if I want to push it)

- I have to be able to, at the very least, observe it; it feels pointless having anything that's always hiding in the substrate

- It cannot be a reptile that requires flowing water (ex. a turtle)

- It cannot make loud noises (I live in a flat)

- Ideally, it should have some pleasantness to the eye

That's all I can think of? I did look at a uromastyx, but... they kind of look like squashed, shell-less turtles.

by Ahkrinalok
May 28, 2016

I've finally mustered the courage to start applying for jobs near me after a long time of suffering from pretty severe social anxiety, so since I might be getting an income soon, I want to invest in a second reptile buddy. :3

I have three birds, two dogs, a crested gecko, and an aquarium.

I have some criteria here if you'd like to help me do some research on my best match:

- It has to be relatively low maintenance (like a crested gecko)

- It must be able to fit in a maximum 20 gallon terrarium

- It cannot be aggressive

- It must be something that can be handled without distressing it

- It cannot eat crickets or frozen feeder animals (my mom is the one with complaints about that >.>)

- It cannot be a reptile that costs over $350 CAD individually ($400 if I want to push it)

- I have to be able to, at the very least, observe it; it feels pointless having anything that's always hiding in the substrate

- It cannot be a reptile that requires flowing water (ex. a turtle)

- It cannot make loud noises (I live in a flat)

- Ideally, it should have some pleasantness to the eye

That's all I can think of? I did look at a uromastyx, but... they kind of look like squashed, shell-less turtles.

Alvulnax
May 29, 2016

Maybe some sort of snake?

by Alvulnax
May 29, 2016

Ahkrinalok
May 30, 2016
Alvulnax

No, snakes need to be fed feeder mice. I decided that, to avoid fighting with my mom over cost and requirements, to just get a tarantula. But thank you for trying anyway. XP

by Ahkrinalok
May 30, 2016
Alvulnax

No, snakes need to be fed feeder mice. I decided that, to avoid fighting with my mom over cost and requirements, to just get a tarantula. But thank you for trying anyway. XP

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.