Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzul... Manga?

otakufreak40
October 19, 2013

As the title and description suggest, I translated a page from a manga series. Specifically, the popular shounen (intended for guys) manga Death Note by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata. I decided to do only one page for the following reasons:

1. It's a licensed series, so I don't think it would be wise to share the entire series in a language that's about 90% English grammer with a new vocab/alphabet. But who knows, since it's technically not licensed in Dovahzul.
  2. It would take too long, seeing as it's more or less a "test".
  3. Well, it's a test. Specifically, to see if anyone would be interested in this after I get a good grasp on Dovahzul.

Anyways, as I mentioned, I might do full series if anyone is interested. I'd probably have fun with it, so I wouldn't really mind too much. That is after I learn the language more. The page I translated just used the tool on the site, so it might not be that accurate.

Anyways, here it is!

LINKY LINK LINK

by otakufreak40
October 19, 2013

As the title and description suggest, I translated a page from a manga series. Specifically, the popular shounen (intended for guys) manga Death Note by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata. I decided to do only one page for the following reasons:

1. It's a licensed series, so I don't think it would be wise to share the entire series in a language that's about 90% English grammer with a new vocab/alphabet. But who knows, since it's technically not licensed in Dovahzul.
  2. It would take too long, seeing as it's more or less a "test".
  3. Well, it's a test. Specifically, to see if anyone would be interested in this after I get a good grasp on Dovahzul.

Anyways, as I mentioned, I might do full series if anyone is interested. I'd probably have fun with it, so I wouldn't really mind too much. That is after I learn the language more. The page I translated just used the tool on the site, so it might not be that accurate.

Anyways, here it is!

LINKY LINK LINK

paarthurnax
Administrator
October 19, 2013

This if fantastic!  My reading is a bit out of practice, and this was a nice and simple way to get back into it.  I for one would definitely like more.  If you need any help with translations, feel free to ask!

by paarthurnax
October 19, 2013

This if fantastic!  My reading is a bit out of practice, and this was a nice and simple way to get back into it.  I for one would definitely like more.  If you need any help with translations, feel free to ask!

otakufreak40
October 20, 2013

Thanks!

I had to add new terms, such as Nihonjul for Japanese person, derived from Nihon (the Japanese word for Japan) and jul (Dovahzul for person). For that matter, I suppose Spaniard would be Espanyajul (from España), Englishman would be Englandjul, Korean would be Hangukjul, and so on and so forth if we follow the pattern. Also, the name of the Shinigami (the non-human being on the page) was named Ryuuk on there, a median between the Japanese "ryuuku" and English "Ryuk".

Anyways, it seems that (unfortunately) most of my favorite series are either licensed, or could be seen as somewhat controversial. I know of maybe one series that doesn't fit into either category. Guess it's time for some research.

by otakufreak40
October 20, 2013

Thanks!

I had to add new terms, such as Nihonjul for Japanese person, derived from Nihon (the Japanese word for Japan) and jul (Dovahzul for person). For that matter, I suppose Spaniard would be Espanyajul (from España), Englishman would be Englandjul, Korean would be Hangukjul, and so on and so forth if we follow the pattern. Also, the name of the Shinigami (the non-human being on the page) was named Ryuuk on there, a median between the Japanese "ryuuku" and English "Ryuk".

Anyways, it seems that (unfortunately) most of my favorite series are either licensed, or could be seen as somewhat controversial. I know of maybe one series that doesn't fit into either category. Guess it's time for some research.

Ahmuldein
August 19, 2014

THIS IS FROMTHE NOTEBOOK OR WHATEVER ITS CALLED ISNT IT!!!!!best TV show/movie ever!!!

by Ahmuldein
August 19, 2014

THIS IS FROMTHE NOTEBOOK OR WHATEVER ITS CALLED ISNT IT!!!!!best TV show/movie ever!!!

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.