Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Spoken Dovahzul! Tinvaak!

1  2  3 > >>  

Zinrahzul
May 30, 2017

I've been having fun recording various things in Dovahzul.  I'm hoping that others can submit things as well.  It can be anything -- phrases, sentences, or small paragraphs; whatever.  Free apps like Audacity or a phone recorder (I've used it multiple times) can be used to record the audio.  You don't even have to filter things out!

Let's start this off.  Frinmulaar made a Dovahzul version of "Do You Hear the People Sing?" from Les Miserables some time ago.  A couple of weeks ago I felt like recording it as if I were speaking the words to a crowd instead of singing them.

Here it is: https://soundcloud.com/user-870884150/hon-hi-rein-spoken-2

What do you all have?  Don't worry about "being good" or "sounding good".  Just have fun!  Plus, we can actually hear some Dovahzul instead of just text and runes...

by Zinrahzul
May 30, 2017

I've been having fun recording various things in Dovahzul.  I'm hoping that others can submit things as well.  It can be anything -- phrases, sentences, or small paragraphs; whatever.  Free apps like Audacity or a phone recorder (I've used it multiple times) can be used to record the audio.  You don't even have to filter things out!

Let's start this off.  Frinmulaar made a Dovahzul version of "Do You Hear the People Sing?" from Les Miserables some time ago.  A couple of weeks ago I felt like recording it as if I were speaking the words to a crowd instead of singing them.

Here it is: https://soundcloud.com/user-870884150/hon-hi-rein-spoken-2

What do you all have?  Don't worry about "being good" or "sounding good".  Just have fun!  Plus, we can actually hear some Dovahzul instead of just text and runes...

Kronvullok
June 2, 2017
I'm down for this. It may help me get motivated to learn Dovahzul again.
by Kronvullok
June 2, 2017
I'm down for this. It may help me get motivated to learn Dovahzul again.

Zinrahzul
June 2, 2017
@Kronvullok I use my phone and Sound Cloud myself, but you can use whatever. Can't wait to hear...
by Zinrahzul
June 2, 2017
@Kronvullok I use my phone and Sound Cloud myself, but you can use whatever. Can't wait to hear...

Kronvullok
June 3, 2017
Super cool. I'll try to get something going soon.
by Kronvullok
June 3, 2017
Super cool. I'll try to get something going soon.

Zinrahzul
June 11, 2017

It's your favorite Dovahzul DJ, Tag Jen Pah!

https://soundcloud.com/user-870884150/tag-jen-pah-ko-faal-hofkiin

by Zinrahzul
June 11, 2017

It's your favorite Dovahzul DJ, Tag Jen Pah!

https://soundcloud.com/user-870884150/tag-jen-pah-ko-faal-hofkiin

Kronvullok
June 12, 2017
Woah. You've got a mich better voice for this kind of stuff than I do.
by Kronvullok
June 12, 2017

Zinrahzul
June 13, 2017
Kronvullok

I don't know about that.  I'm sure voices of all types spoke Dovahzul in Ancient Keizaal...

I hope people just record to practice and share their spoken Dovahzul.

by Zinrahzul
June 13, 2017
Kronvullok

I don't know about that.  I'm sure voices of all types spoke Dovahzul in Ancient Keizaal...

I hope people just record to practice and share their spoken Dovahzul.

Ruvgein
June 14, 2017
I don't know. It's like, I'd like to, but I don't want to. If that makes any sense ... so I'm really not sure.
by Ruvgein
June 14, 2017
I don't know. It's like, I'd like to, but I don't want to. If that makes any sense ... so I'm really not sure.

Kronvullok
June 14, 2017
A user on Discord translated "The Dragonborn Comes" into Dovahzul, so I'll try to sing it sometime soon.
by Kronvullok
June 14, 2017
A user on Discord translated "The Dragonborn Comes" into Dovahzul, so I'll try to sing it sometime soon.

Frinmulaar
June 14, 2017

Not to shamelessly plug or anything... If I was you I'd look at the versions in this thread too. Pick the one of the three that feels best to sing.

It would be great to have some draconic audio available. No promises but I'll try to think up something.

by Frinmulaar
June 14, 2017

Not to shamelessly plug or anything... If I was you I'd look at the versions in this thread too. Pick the one of the three that feels best to sing.

It would be great to have some draconic audio available. No promises but I'll try to think up something.

Kronvullok
June 14, 2017
The one in the Discord chat fits more into the rhythm, but I'll try both.
by Kronvullok
June 14, 2017
The one in the Discord chat fits more into the rhythm, but I'll try both.

Frinmulaar
June 14, 2017
A more rhythm-fitting text than the one that starts with "rok dein silsekendov"? I'd like to see that.
by Frinmulaar
June 14, 2017
A more rhythm-fitting text than the one that starts with "rok dein silsekendov"? I'd like to see that.

Kronvullok
June 14, 2017
"Un hun, un hun,
Piraan hil do kendov
Zu'u fun hi, zu'u fun hi
Faal Dovahkiin meyz

Voth aan Thu'um kod suleyk
Do kruziik Bron wahlaan
Sahvot, sahvot
Faal Dovahkiin meyz

Nii aan laat wah fin vokul
Do pah paal do Keizaal
Koraav, koraav
Faal Dovahkiin meyz

Fah fin vokun los vod
Ahrk zoor bo amativ
Hi koraav, hi koraav
Faal Dovahkiin kosaan meyz"
by Kronvullok
June 14, 2017
"Un hun, un hun,

Piraan hil do kendov

Zu'u fun hi, zu'u fun hi

Faal Dovahkiin meyz

Voth aan Thu'um kod suleyk

Do kruziik Bron wahlaan

Sahvot, sahvot

Faal Dovahkiin meyz

Nii aan laat wah fin vokul

Do pah paal do Keizaal

Koraav, koraav

Faal Dovahkiin meyz

Fah fin vokun los vod

Ahrk zoor bo amativ

Hi koraav, hi koraav

Faal Dovahkiin kosaan meyz"

Zinrahzul
June 14, 2017
My issue with that version is that it does not rhyme the first lines like the original. Heart, art, etc...
by Zinrahzul
June 14, 2017
My issue with that version is that it does not rhyme the first lines like the original. Heart, art, etc...

Kronvullok
June 14, 2017
Yeah. It'd be cool if we could make it rhyme, fit the rhythm really well, and still be the same song.
by Kronvullok
June 14, 2017
Yeah. It'd be cool if we could make it rhyme, fit the rhythm really well, and still be the same song.
 1  2  3 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.