A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

HELP WANTED: MUSIC

1  2 > >>  

Kronvullok
June 2, 2017
The situation is as follows;

I have aspirations to make music for a living, but I currently lack the time, experience, and equipment to make my own music. The only thing I can really do is write lyrics and sing. I'm looking for people with whom I can do collaborations with. Any takers?
by Kronvullok
June 2, 2017
The situation is as follows;

I have aspirations to make music for a living, but I currently lack the time, experience, and equipment to make my own music. The only thing I can really do is write lyrics and sing. I'm looking for people with whom I can do collaborations with. Any takers?

Kronvullok
June 12, 2017
I guess I should be more specific.

These are my album ideas that I'd like some help with:

No Face
(Rock/Alternative)

-Missing Pieces
-Cut the Strings
-Guarded
-Unbreakable
-Road to Living
-The Resistance
-Tough Luck
-Tired
-Lack of Spirit
-Breather
-Power Boost
-Hidden in Light

Tic Toc Goes My Heart
(Rock/Alternative)

-Shadows
-Winter War
-Cardiac Suicide
-Global Keyring
-Not a Violin
-
-
-
-
-

Pushing the Sky
(Electronic)

-Time to Fly
-Whirlwind
-Hear Me
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Just Kidding
(Electronic/Pop)

-Insult and Injury
-Driving Circles
-Giddy Up
-Guac This Way
-
-
-
-
-
-

Equestrian Magic
(Rock/Electronic)

-Harmonic Sorcery
-Element of Song
-Splash of Pink
-Mythic Jewel
-Shrouded in Feathers
-Really Bucking Good
-Speed of Sound
-Magical Notes
-In the Background
-
-
-

Keizaali
(Rock/Celtic)

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
by Kronvullok
June 12, 2017
I guess I should be more specific.

These are my album ideas that I'd like some help with:

No Face

(Rock/Alternative)

-Missing Pieces

-Cut the Strings

-Guarded

-Unbreakable

-Road to Living

-The Resistance

-Tough Luck

-Tired

-Lack of Spirit

-Breather

-Power Boost

-Hidden in Light

Tic Toc Goes My Heart

(Rock/Alternative)

-Shadows

-Winter War

-Cardiac Suicide

-Global Keyring

-Not a Violin

-

-

-

-

-

Pushing the Sky

(Electronic)

-Time to Fly

-Whirlwind

-Hear Me

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Just Kidding

(Electronic/Pop)

-Insult and Injury

-Driving Circles

-Giddy Up

-Guac This Way

-

-

-

-

-

-

Equestrian Magic

(Rock/Electronic)

-Harmonic Sorcery

-Element of Song

-Splash of Pink

-Mythic Jewel

-Shrouded in Feathers

-Really Bucking Good

-Speed of Sound

-Magical Notes

-In the Background

-

-

-

Keizaali

(Rock/Celtic)

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Zinrahzul
June 13, 2017
Are you saying that you don't have the equipment to record, and edit the music? Are those albums songs you have already written?
by Zinrahzul
June 13, 2017
Are you saying that you don't have the equipment to record, and edit the music? Are those albums songs you have already written?

Zinrahzul
June 13, 2017
by Zinrahzul
June 13, 2017

Frinmulaar
June 13, 2017

I have FL Studio plus some jury-rigged software synthesizers, and skills that are just a tad below halfway decent. It's not much but I'll help if I can.

by Frinmulaar
June 13, 2017

I have FL Studio plus some jury-rigged software synthesizers, and skills that are just a tad below halfway decent. It's not much but I'll help if I can.

Zinrahzul
June 13, 2017
Although I don't know how much time I can dedicate, I can still provide some advice and support. I know that sounds vague, but I'll help as I can.
by Zinrahzul
June 13, 2017
Although I don't know how much time I can dedicate, I can still provide some advice and support. I know that sounds vague, but I'll help as I can.

Kronvullok
June 13, 2017
@tjp7154
These are simply ideas. I have portions of lyrics written for a couple songs. I do currently lack the equipment and skill to create the actual music. I have some really basic equipment to record my voice. Also, I hope you have a good ear for music, because I might just have you be the judge.

@Frinmulaar
That's awesome. This can be a learning experience for the both of us.
by Kronvullok
June 13, 2017
@tjp7154

These are simply ideas. I have portions of lyrics written for a couple songs. I do currently lack the equipment and skill to create the actual music. I have some really basic equipment to record my voice. Also, I hope you have a good ear for music, because I might just have you be the judge.

@Frinmulaar

That's awesome. This can be a learning experience for the both of us.

Zinrahzul
June 13, 2017

I'll certainly be glad to lend an ear to help.  As far as making the music, don't worry about the production quality until you have the songs down.  The outline of your plan is certainly ambitious.  I would caution against overwhelming yourself.  Just focus one song at a time; make sure you're happy with the songs...

by Zinrahzul
June 13, 2017

I'll certainly be glad to lend an ear to help.  As far as making the music, don't worry about the production quality until you have the songs down.  The outline of your plan is certainly ambitious.  I would caution against overwhelming yourself.  Just focus one song at a time; make sure you're happy with the songs...

Kronvullok
June 13, 2017
Yeah. This is certainly a monumentous feat. However, just baby steps for now.
by Kronvullok
June 13, 2017
Yeah. This is certainly a monumentous feat. However, just baby steps for now.

Hevnolovaasmun
June 16, 2017

I am somewhat strapped for time but I could assist. I do have the means to record music, I do have the programs to record music. Drums are tricky because I just go off of my keyboard and sample it. There are cheap/free programs all over. Yea just gotta look for them, and then you can use anything I give you as samples. Hydrogen drums are free.. I dont like it, but you can't argue with the price. As for a program, I use (Sony) Acid music studio 6.0, which I got for $14 something like 10 years ago. I think v10 is on Steam (yes, the gaming program) for like $40. Grageband use to be free, and I don't know if it still is but check it out. You can use a radio shack microphone but I would reccomend a mic stand and a pop filter, both of which are not that expensive. A decent Sure (brand) microphone aren't too bad either. Mine cost me $50. Otherwise, I can pop in and out as needed. My username is "Brutal Music Man" afterall.

http://www.hydrogen-music.org/hcms/

https://www.apple.com/ca/mac/garageband/

by Hevnolovaasmun
June 16, 2017

I am somewhat strapped for time but I could assist. I do have the means to record music, I do have the programs to record music. Drums are tricky because I just go off of my keyboard and sample it. There are cheap/free programs all over. Yea just gotta look for them, and then you can use anything I give you as samples. Hydrogen drums are free.. I dont like it, but you can't argue with the price. As for a program, I use (Sony) Acid music studio 6.0, which I got for $14 something like 10 years ago. I think v10 is on Steam (yes, the gaming program) for like $40. Grageband use to be free, and I don't know if it still is but check it out. You can use a radio shack microphone but I would reccomend a mic stand and a pop filter, both of which are not that expensive. A decent Sure (brand) microphone aren't too bad either. Mine cost me $50. Otherwise, I can pop in and out as needed. My username is "Brutal Music Man" afterall.

http://www.hydrogen-music.org/hcms/

https://www.apple.com/ca/mac/garageband/

Kronvullok
June 16, 2017
Well, those are a lot of nice tips. I've just been using Audacity and a 3.5mm microphone. Although recently, the microphone port hasn't been working on my computer.
by Kronvullok
June 16, 2017
Well, those are a lot of nice tips. I've just been using Audacity and a 3.5mm microphone. Although recently, the microphone port hasn't been working on my computer.

Ruvgein
June 16, 2017

I found this site, it's free and lets you make music, mostly electronic by the looks of it.  I'm not sure if I can figure it out or if it's my style, so I might as well post it so everyone can take a look, maybe it'll be helpful.

It's https://www.audiotool.com/

by Ruvgein
June 16, 2017

I found this site, it's free and lets you make music, mostly electronic by the looks of it.  I'm not sure if I can figure it out or if it's my style, so I might as well post it so everyone can take a look, maybe it'll be helpful.

It's https://www.audiotool.com/

Hevnolovaasmun
June 17, 2017

If you have the money, you could get an Audio interface. I have a Line 6 UX1 for recording my guitar... Well basicly anything that can be attached to a 1/4" jack or an XLR. If you live in a city, check your pawnshops. I seen them come in and out but be sure to get some kind of protection plan on them if you go that route.

by Hevnolovaasmun
June 17, 2017

If you have the money, you could get an Audio interface. I have a Line 6 UX1 for recording my guitar... Well basicly anything that can be attached to a 1/4" jack or an XLR. If you live in a city, check your pawnshops. I seen them come in and out but be sure to get some kind of protection plan on them if you go that route.

Kronvullok
June 26, 2017
I currently lack the money to do anything other than try to get a microphone that works.
by Kronvullok
June 26, 2017
I currently lack the money to do anything other than try to get a microphone that works.

Hevnolovaasmun
June 26, 2017

That is your first hurdle. Items will be procured over time, but if you want to make music = life, then you need cash, but that does not mean you can't still create. Theres the programs up above that are free. Mow a few lawns and get a $30 mic. Music is everywhere, and the only thing you need to is listen to the tones and rhythm. There are TOOOONNS of DIY stuff on youtube. Make a Diddly bow!

“In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.”  

Donny Miller

by Hevnolovaasmun
June 26, 2017

That is your first hurdle. Items will be procured over time, but if you want to make music = life, then you need cash, but that does not mean you can't still create. Theres the programs up above that are free. Mow a few lawns and get a $30 mic. Music is everywhere, and the only thing you need to is listen to the tones and rhythm. There are TOOOONNS of DIY stuff on youtube. Make a Diddly bow!

“In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.”  

Donny Miller

1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.