Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Suggestion: Names for Letters

alexbinind
June 6, 2017

Drem yol lok, pah! 

A couple friends and I think it would make communication easier in Dovahzul, and would help complete the language if the letters/runes in Dovahzul had "names." What I mean by this is how when someone wants to talk about individual letters in English, one could say "Aye" "Bee" "See" "Dee" and so on.

There are children's songs in which the lyrics are only the letters of the English alphebet. If we made names for the Dovahzul runes and letters, then perhaps someone could make a Dovahzul alphabet song? That would be really funny, but also would help people learn the language.

So, thinking about it, it would simply make sense for there to be names for these letters and runes.

by alexbinind
June 6, 2017

Drem yol lok, pah! 

A couple friends and I think it would make communication easier in Dovahzul, and would help complete the language if the letters/runes in Dovahzul had "names." What I mean by this is how when someone wants to talk about individual letters in English, one could say "Aye" "Bee" "See" "Dee" and so on.

There are children's songs in which the lyrics are only the letters of the English alphebet. If we made names for the Dovahzul runes and letters, then perhaps someone could make a Dovahzul alphabet song? That would be really funny, but also would help people learn the language.

So, thinking about it, it would simply make sense for there to be names for these letters and runes.

Tashi911
June 6, 2017

i agree, it would be really cool if the runes had names, it would be easier to teach people and correct them in spoken dovahzul, without having to resort to speaking in english.

and it would also jsut be hilarious to have an abc song in dovahzul! xD

by Tashi911
June 6, 2017

i agree, it would be really cool if the runes had names, it would be easier to teach people and correct them in spoken dovahzul, without having to resort to speaking in english.

and it would also jsut be hilarious to have an abc song in dovahzul! xD

Frinmulaar
June 6, 2017
It's been done. Check out Lessons > Alphabet & Pronunciation, and look for the loudspeaker icons.
by Frinmulaar
June 6, 2017
It's been done. Check out Lessons > Alphabet & Pronunciation, and look for the loudspeaker icons.

alexbinind
June 6, 2017
Frinmulaar

Ah, alright. Myself and my friends had assumed that these were simply examples of the letter's phonetic sound. Thank you for this! Now I can start making an alphabet song! xD

by alexbinind
June 6, 2017
Frinmulaar

Ah, alright. Myself and my friends had assumed that these were simply examples of the letter's phonetic sound. Thank you for this! Now I can start making an alphabet song! xD

Okaazrahkul
June 15, 2017

Has this been done yet? XD

by Okaazrahkul
June 15, 2017

Has this been done yet? XD

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.