Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Favourite Legend?

Sildolok
June 16, 2017

Mine definetly has to be the story of Pelinal Whitestrake, he was just such a badass! I also love his connection with Shor, and him being a Shanaari (i think that's how it's spelt). Just awesome!

by Sildolok
June 16, 2017

Mine definetly has to be the story of Pelinal Whitestrake, he was just such a badass! I also love his connection with Shor, and him being a Shanaari (i think that's how it's spelt). Just awesome!

Kronvullok
June 29, 2017
My favorite would have to be the one about the disappearance of the Dwarves. It seems that trying to make a machine powered by the heart of a god-equivalent doesn't go over well.
by Kronvullok
June 29, 2017
My favorite would have to be the one about the disappearance of the Dwarves. It seems that trying to make a machine powered by the heart of a god-equivalent doesn't go over well.

Silicon
June 30, 2017

My favorite would probably be the one where Sheogorath RIPPED APART A WOMAN AND TURNED HER BODY INTO MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS

by Silicon
June 30, 2017

My favorite would probably be the one where Sheogorath RIPPED APART A WOMAN AND TURNED HER BODY INTO MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS

Kronvullok
July 1, 2017
That is fantastic
by Kronvullok
July 1, 2017
That is fantastic

Silicon
July 1, 2017

here it is

In the earliest of days, in a time when the world was still raw, Sheogorath decided to walk amongst the mortals. He donned his guise of Gentleman With a Cane, and moved from place to place without being recognized. After eleven days and eleven nights, Sheogorath decided that life among mortals was even more boring than his otherworldly existence.

"What can I do to make their lives more interesting?" he said to himself. At that same moment, a young woman nearby commented wistfully to herself, "The sounds of the birds are so beautiful."

Sheogorath silently agreed with her. Mortals could not make the beautiful and inspired calls of birds. Their voices were wretched and mundane. He could not change the nature of mortals, for that was the purview of other Daedric Princes. However, he could give them tools to make beautiful sounds.

Sheogorath took hold of the petulant woman and ripped her asunder. From her tendons he made lutes. From her skull and arm bones he made a drum. From her bones he made flutes. He presented these gifts to the mortals, and thus Music was born.

by Silicon
July 1, 2017

here it is

In the earliest of days, in a time when the world was still raw, Sheogorath decided to walk amongst the mortals. He donned his guise of Gentleman With a Cane, and moved from place to place without being recognized. After eleven days and eleven nights, Sheogorath decided that life among mortals was even more boring than his otherworldly existence.

"What can I do to make their lives more interesting?" he said to himself. At that same moment, a young woman nearby commented wistfully to herself, "The sounds of the birds are so beautiful."

Sheogorath silently agreed with her. Mortals could not make the beautiful and inspired calls of birds. Their voices were wretched and mundane. He could not change the nature of mortals, for that was the purview of other Daedric Princes. However, he could give them tools to make beautiful sounds.

Sheogorath took hold of the petulant woman and ripped her asunder. From her tendons he made lutes. From her skull and arm bones he made a drum. From her bones he made flutes. He presented these gifts to the mortals, and thus Music was born.

[deleted]
July 2, 2017
Silicon

wonderful.

by [deleted]
July 2, 2017
Silicon

wonderful.

Silicon
July 5, 2017

CHEESE!

by Silicon
July 5, 2017

CHEESE!

Kronvullok
July 6, 2017
Reminds me of a story I was wanting to write. Anyway, I now have a favorite morbid legend!
by Kronvullok
July 6, 2017
Reminds me of a story I was wanting to write. Anyway, I now have a favorite morbid legend!

Sildoyol
August 24, 2017

I like the myth about the crazy khajiit who became a werewolf and killed lots of people, and who was also spared by vampires who wanted to turn her into one of their own because she was a werewolf and cats walking on two legs shouldn't also be dogs walking on two legs, but rather greyer cats with creepier eyes and longer fangs.

by Sildoyol
August 24, 2017

I like the myth about the crazy khajiit who became a werewolf and killed lots of people, and who was also spared by vampires who wanted to turn her into one of their own because she was a werewolf and cats walking on two legs shouldn't also be dogs walking on two legs, but rather greyer cats with creepier eyes and longer fangs.

Sildoyol
August 24, 2017

Nah but that Sheogorath one is cool. And weird. I too like the dwarves whatnot, but... I don't look this deep into the game. I just sort of jump off the College of Winterhold bridge whilst on Shadowmere to see if she (yes I know she's a he. I don't care) or I survive. She usually cushions my fall, sacrificing her own equine soul to save my felineish one.

by Sildoyol
August 24, 2017

Nah but that Sheogorath one is cool. And weird. I too like the dwarves whatnot, but... I don't look this deep into the game. I just sort of jump off the College of Winterhold bridge whilst on Shadowmere to see if she (yes I know she's a he. I don't care) or I survive. She usually cushions my fall, sacrificing her own equine soul to save my felineish one.

Sildolok
August 25, 2017
Sildoyol

Equine is a beuatiful word.

by Sildolok
August 25, 2017
Sildoyol

Equine is a beuatiful word.

Draconidae
August 26, 2017

My favourite is Vernacco and Bourlor. Bourlor was an archer blessed by Kynareth who fought Vernacco the daedra. They are forgotten nowadays, because Bourlor missed a shot but actually Verncco was hit by that arrow.

by Draconidae
August 26, 2017

My favourite is Vernacco and Bourlor. Bourlor was an archer blessed by Kynareth who fought Vernacco the daedra. They are forgotten nowadays, because Bourlor missed a shot but actually Verncco was hit by that arrow.

Fronlaasfrin
February 8, 2018
I don't think it's a legend or myth, but I heard something about vampires in Cyrodiil. They are basically the same as Skyrim vampires, but if they're not well fed enough, they become more disfigured.
This would be an awesome addition to a game. Maybe in ES VI?
by Fronlaasfrin
February 8, 2018
I don't think it's a legend or myth, but I heard something about vampires in Cyrodiil. They are basically the same as Skyrim vampires, but if they're not well fed enough, they become more disfigured.

This would be an awesome addition to a game. Maybe in ES VI?

Hahdremro
February 8, 2018

I've got to go with Silicon on this one. Sheogorath is my favorite Daedric Prince, and the story of the birth of music is probably my favorite story in the entirety of the Elder Scrolls series. It's just so Uncle Sheggy, you know?

by Hahdremro
February 8, 2018

I've got to go with Silicon on this one. Sheogorath is my favorite Daedric Prince, and the story of the birth of music is probably my favorite story in the entirety of the Elder Scrolls series. It's just so Uncle Sheggy, you know?

thurdoal
February 15, 2018

I will also side with Silicon, that story is amazing and Sheogorath is also my favorite Daedric Prince because i love his strange character. Sheogorath makes me feel like I am not Totally insane.

by thurdoal
February 15, 2018

I will also side with Silicon, that story is amazing and Sheogorath is also my favorite Daedric Prince because i love his strange character. Sheogorath makes me feel like I am not Totally insane.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.