Nightwalker
July 15, 2017
Leave Your thoughts
by Nightwalker
July 15, 2017
Leave Your thoughts

Zinrahzul
July 15, 2017

My thoughts are: "Oh yes!" I'm definitely curious. That being said, I think I might want to check out the novels that are currently out first...

by Zinrahzul
July 15, 2017

My thoughts are: "Oh yes!" I'm definitely curious. That being said, I think I might want to check out the novels that are currently out first...

Silicon
July 16, 2017

If you do, it would be cool if the dragonborn got every daedric artifact and all the daedric princes fight over who gets the dragonborns soul

by Silicon
July 16, 2017

If you do, it would be cool if the dragonborn got every daedric artifact and all the daedric princes fight over who gets the dragonborns soul

Sildolok
July 16, 2017

This is an interesting concept truly, however there are a few elements to take into account before making an educated conclusion. First we must think "What in Skyrim is canon?" this is an extremely important question as it addresses the fact that we know essentially nought about what occurs after the Dragonborn defeats Miraak in Apocrypha, this of course also brings up the question, "Did the Dragonborn even fight Miraak?" since he/she could have ignored Sosltheim altogether.

Before I proceed I'd like to form some assumptions about the Dragonborn, first of all I shall adress the character as a male and assume that he did follow along the main questline, up to defeating Miraak in Hermaeus Mora's realm of Apocrypha. I'd also like to consider that the Dragonborn is quite lawful and will not join The Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood or Volkihaar Vampires ( This also includes any other evil factions or questlines like "No One Escapes Cidhna Mine" which could be considered evil.)

Concerning my question in paragraph 1 "What in Skyrim is canon?" I'll delve into more detail on some specific quests and quest lines. I'd like to start with the civil war, this could/would play a major part in any books made detailing the after affects of the Dragonborns impact on society and the world because of how crucial the war is to Skyrims future, a piece of evidence that I'd like to address now is; if the Dragonborn completely ignores the questline the war is put on hold to deal with the Dragon threat, and as we all know Dragons are around for as long as you play the game. This clearly shows that the war will be on hold for a lenghty period of time. Alternatively if the Dragonborn does nothing, no significant moves are made on the opposing force are made, showing that the war will go on for a long time. This decision by the Dragonborn is crucial to the future of Skyrim if not all of Tamriel because of the immenent Aldmeri Dominion invasion, it is known that the Empire is stronger than the army of rebels known as the Stormcloaks therefore if the Dragonborn sided with the Stormcloaks the outcome of the Dominon's invasion may be drastically different.

I do not believe that the majority of the Daedric Princes quests are canon, excluding the Hermaeus Mora quests as they tie in with the main questline. Matters such as The Companions, College of Winterhold and Dawnguard I'm not certain of but doubt their canonisity quite highly due to them being mere side questlines. I'm not going to note more as you will probably get the jist by now of what I'm proposing.

In conclusion I think a book detailng Skyrim's events may have to occur after Bethesda eventually make TES VI because of said questionable canonisity, but great idea nonetheless.

by Sildolok
July 16, 2017

This is an interesting concept truly, however there are a few elements to take into account before making an educated conclusion. First we must think "What in Skyrim is canon?" this is an extremely important question as it addresses the fact that we know essentially nought about what occurs after the Dragonborn defeats Miraak in Apocrypha, this of course also brings up the question, "Did the Dragonborn even fight Miraak?" since he/she could have ignored Sosltheim altogether.

Before I proceed I'd like to form some assumptions about the Dragonborn, first of all I shall adress the character as a male and assume that he did follow along the main questline, up to defeating Miraak in Hermaeus Mora's realm of Apocrypha. I'd also like to consider that the Dragonborn is quite lawful and will not join The Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood or Volkihaar Vampires ( This also includes any other evil factions or questlines like "No One Escapes Cidhna Mine" which could be considered evil.)

Concerning my question in paragraph 1 "What in Skyrim is canon?" I'll delve into more detail on some specific quests and quest lines. I'd like to start with the civil war, this could/would play a major part in any books made detailing the after affects of the Dragonborns impact on society and the world because of how crucial the war is to Skyrims future, a piece of evidence that I'd like to address now is; if the Dragonborn completely ignores the questline the war is put on hold to deal with the Dragon threat, and as we all know Dragons are around for as long as you play the game. This clearly shows that the war will be on hold for a lenghty period of time. Alternatively if the Dragonborn does nothing, no significant moves are made on the opposing force are made, showing that the war will go on for a long time. This decision by the Dragonborn is crucial to the future of Skyrim if not all of Tamriel because of the immenent Aldmeri Dominion invasion, it is known that the Empire is stronger than the army of rebels known as the Stormcloaks therefore if the Dragonborn sided with the Stormcloaks the outcome of the Dominon's invasion may be drastically different.

I do not believe that the majority of the Daedric Princes quests are canon, excluding the Hermaeus Mora quests as they tie in with the main questline. Matters such as The Companions, College of Winterhold and Dawnguard I'm not certain of but doubt their canonisity quite highly due to them being mere side questlines. I'm not going to note more as you will probably get the jist by now of what I'm proposing.

In conclusion I think a book detailng Skyrim's events may have to occur after Bethesda eventually make TES VI because of said questionable canonisity, but great idea nonetheless.

Kronvullok
July 18, 2017
Honestly, I'd love to see how it goes. As far as I know, the canon for Oblivion includes the Shivering Isles DLC (your character becomes Sheogorath), so I don't see why the Skyrim canon can't include the Dragonborn DLC.
by Kronvullok
July 18, 2017
Honestly, I'd love to see how it goes. As far as I know, the canon for Oblivion includes the Shivering Isles DLC (your character becomes Sheogorath), so I don't see why the Skyrim canon can't include the Dragonborn DLC.

Ruvgein
July 25, 2017

No. Just no.

1) the Dragonborn's race, gender and personality would be what the author picked.

2) the Dragonborn is shown to work with Daedra.

3) they'd be doing more stuff. Now to break down why this is a problem.

The point of TES games since the beginning was it's your character, do what you want. Writing fan fiction is fine because that's your c0da, it's whatever you say.

But to have a book go "He's a Nord who sided with the Stormcloaks and works with Daedra every Morndas and is a hothead" well, there goes all the history and character I had, thanks for saying my Dragonborn just doesn't exist.

The main quest is done by the hero. It's widely accepted that the DLCs are the same hero, though even that could be different. The Guild quests happened, but no one knows who. It could be the hero or it was guy number 5 over there.

And. The Dragonborn did their thing, they aren't showing up in something else now. That's how it works with them.

by Ruvgein
July 25, 2017

No. Just no.

1) the Dragonborn's race, gender and personality would be what the author picked.

2) the Dragonborn is shown to work with Daedra.

3) they'd be doing more stuff. Now to break down why this is a problem.

The point of TES games since the beginning was it's your character, do what you want. Writing fan fiction is fine because that's your c0da, it's whatever you say.

But to have a book go "He's a Nord who sided with the Stormcloaks and works with Daedra every Morndas and is a hothead" well, there goes all the history and character I had, thanks for saying my Dragonborn just doesn't exist.

The main quest is done by the hero. It's widely accepted that the DLCs are the same hero, though even that could be different. The Guild quests happened, but no one knows who. It could be the hero or it was guy number 5 over there.

And. The Dragonborn did their thing, they aren't showing up in something else now. That's how it works with them.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.