Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Skyrim Tales

Sildolok
August 27, 2017

I wanted to create a space where users could post short stories about Skyrim, here's my story concerning a beautiful location, South-West of Ivarstead.

Ivarstead Pass

A note on the road leading to Ivarstead, written by Jay'Zhana, travelling Khajiit.

If one has not travelled the beaten road south of Monahven, this one highly recommends doing so. The high mountains on either side are coated in a thick snow so deep that one could fall through and disappear entirely. Though dangerous, the sights are more beautiful than a sapphire glinting in the glow of a setting sun, as forementioned mountains tower above the cobbled path, peering down on any traveller, hunter or adventurer like an older sibling judging silently.

On this one's travels this one found many a hidden cave, shut away from prying eyes, whilst exploring said caves this one encountered some unpleasant bandits, smelly trolls and other abhorrent horrors. This one recommends being careful when encountering these dangers. Otherwise the path is safe to traverse.

Another interesting point I should make is the large efigy of the Daedric Prince Clavicus Vile located within the cavern Haemar's Shame. This obviously has been around for quite some time and will most likely be around for a lot more time. Anyways, enough about the caverns and crypts.

The multitude of outcroppings of rock astounds this one greatly, surely something most have intervened to create such a beautiful sight, if one manages to scale up to a high point, the view will take your breath away it sure did take away this one's. The air is as crisp as chilled jazbay and can be so cold that one may have to to take large gasps of breath just to get enough oxygen. As this one was pacing the frost-coated cobbles, a beautiful snow-white horse approached with a hunter perched atop. After conversing with the man for a few minutes he revealed he rode these paths everyday selling pelts and meats to travellers. If you run into the hunter, do be pleasant. The path ends in the lovely area known as The Rift. It's trees are a lovely golden brown and warm orange. An alchemist's shack lies abandoned off the side of the road, gathering dust. Bears patrol the wilds attacking the unwary traveller, so do be careful.

I cannot express my wonder at this marvellous sight and encourage one to take the trip themselves.

Written Morndas, 8th of Heartfire 4E 201.

by Sildolok
August 27, 2017

I wanted to create a space where users could post short stories about Skyrim, here's my story concerning a beautiful location, South-West of Ivarstead.

Ivarstead Pass

A note on the road leading to Ivarstead, written by Jay'Zhana, travelling Khajiit.

If one has not travelled the beaten road south of Monahven, this one highly recommends doing so. The high mountains on either side are coated in a thick snow so deep that one could fall through and disappear entirely. Though dangerous, the sights are more beautiful than a sapphire glinting in the glow of a setting sun, as forementioned mountains tower above the cobbled path, peering down on any traveller, hunter or adventurer like an older sibling judging silently.

On this one's travels this one found many a hidden cave, shut away from prying eyes, whilst exploring said caves this one encountered some unpleasant bandits, smelly trolls and other abhorrent horrors. This one recommends being careful when encountering these dangers. Otherwise the path is safe to traverse.

Another interesting point I should make is the large efigy of the Daedric Prince Clavicus Vile located within the cavern Haemar's Shame. This obviously has been around for quite some time and will most likely be around for a lot more time. Anyways, enough about the caverns and crypts.

The multitude of outcroppings of rock astounds this one greatly, surely something most have intervened to create such a beautiful sight, if one manages to scale up to a high point, the view will take your breath away it sure did take away this one's. The air is as crisp as chilled jazbay and can be so cold that one may have to to take large gasps of breath just to get enough oxygen. As this one was pacing the frost-coated cobbles, a beautiful snow-white horse approached with a hunter perched atop. After conversing with the man for a few minutes he revealed he rode these paths everyday selling pelts and meats to travellers. If you run into the hunter, do be pleasant. The path ends in the lovely area known as The Rift. It's trees are a lovely golden brown and warm orange. An alchemist's shack lies abandoned off the side of the road, gathering dust. Bears patrol the wilds attacking the unwary traveller, so do be careful.

I cannot express my wonder at this marvellous sight and encourage one to take the trip themselves.

Written Morndas, 8th of Heartfire 4E 201.

Sildolok
August 29, 2017

A Scribe's Madness

An account on the realm of Apocrypha, partially written by Jeorgeh - Word Twister

If one pursuits an endless pour of knowledge then one must take the journey to Apocrypha, the realm of knowledge. I regrettably took the risk and delved into things unkown in my greedy pursuit of such literary value. Before I detail my regrettable venture I must note the events leading up to the incident.

I awoke in my homestead early in the morning. My cot damp with sweat and my chest punding in fear. I had experienced true terror in my dreams, a black writhing mass of tentacles, with multiple eyes portruding from it's grotesque appendiges. I knew not whence it came nor whence it would appear, as I seemed to experience the dream every so often. I paid no heed to such idle fantasy and continued my research into the accounts of a place known only as "Apocrypha" or "The Realm of Knowledge", obviously I had not the faintest clue as to what I was researching, nor it's implications. All I understood at the time was a hungry lust for knowledge that drove me closer and closer to discovering a way in.

Over the next few days I recieved multiple letters and reports from various officials and travellers, detailing Apocrypha. One such note detailed a cavern which located within, a means of gaining access to it. Therefore I began hiring the best mercenaries to scout out the location and report back their findings. Once I had set them on their way, I lay back and relaxed for the first time in multiple months. However, after a few days the mercenaries returned bringing news. They had not discovered anything apart from a dusty old book covered in odd markings. They brought it to me because it looked important to them. I thanked , payed and set them on their way.

It was at this moment I felt the worst I had in years, the overwhelming grief hit me like a sabre-cat bearing down on an unsuspecting traveller. I did not pay attention to the volume that sat cumbersomely on the desk next to my bed for many weeks. During which time the dreams got more potent and violent, I spent the day hours rocking in my chair and gazing at the sky, wishing for better things. After this mournful period had passed I only then picked up the book and opened it's pages, oh I wish I had not. 

As I began reading the first page a writhing mass of tentacles wrapped themselves around me, pulling me into the pages. I tried to scream but the sound didn't come out.

The first thing I saw was a sea of dark green and a black tentacle in the distance, writhing spastically. My eyes opened wide in fear, I recognised the place from my dream, except I wasn't dreaming. I rotated my head around  behind me to see large stacks of books, flying papers and many oddly themed desks. This is where I spent the next- I couldn't say how long I stayed there, however I now know things i should not know. Hidden secrets stashed away for centuries located here in... Apocrypha. I was not aware of the danger the place presented, I had become naive to the dreams which had haunted me, and this was to be my downfall. As I sat reading the countless volume of secrets, a figure approached behind me, I did not notice it, but as it's ominous shadow cast over me I looked up at the source in terror at a disgusting looking creature, coated in thick tentacles and horny appendiges staring back at me with dead eyes. As I was picked up by the thing, I dropped the book and was silent in fear, I was paralyzed. It proceeded to throw me into the green sea and as I sunk to the bottom it clawed at my skin and mind, tearing it's way in and burrowing itself deep inside, so far it could never come out. As my mind gave up my vision faded to black and I awoke in my chair, in my hut.

I thought I was free but now as I have returned to normality I realise that it is still inside me. So far in I can't get it out. He calls for me, he wants me back. Im opening the book now.

And this is where I find this journal, a ramshackle hut with no person or mysterious black book in sight. However I warn the reader DO NOT attempt to pass Hermaeus Mora's test, destroy the black books!

Unkown, Some time in the 4E. 

by Sildolok
August 29, 2017

A Scribe's Madness

An account on the realm of Apocrypha, partially written by Jeorgeh - Word Twister

If one pursuits an endless pour of knowledge then one must take the journey to Apocrypha, the realm of knowledge. I regrettably took the risk and delved into things unkown in my greedy pursuit of such literary value. Before I detail my regrettable venture I must note the events leading up to the incident.

I awoke in my homestead early in the morning. My cot damp with sweat and my chest punding in fear. I had experienced true terror in my dreams, a black writhing mass of tentacles, with multiple eyes portruding from it's grotesque appendiges. I knew not whence it came nor whence it would appear, as I seemed to experience the dream every so often. I paid no heed to such idle fantasy and continued my research into the accounts of a place known only as "Apocrypha" or "The Realm of Knowledge", obviously I had not the faintest clue as to what I was researching, nor it's implications. All I understood at the time was a hungry lust for knowledge that drove me closer and closer to discovering a way in.

Over the next few days I recieved multiple letters and reports from various officials and travellers, detailing Apocrypha. One such note detailed a cavern which located within, a means of gaining access to it. Therefore I began hiring the best mercenaries to scout out the location and report back their findings. Once I had set them on their way, I lay back and relaxed for the first time in multiple months. However, after a few days the mercenaries returned bringing news. They had not discovered anything apart from a dusty old book covered in odd markings. They brought it to me because it looked important to them. I thanked , payed and set them on their way.

It was at this moment I felt the worst I had in years, the overwhelming grief hit me like a sabre-cat bearing down on an unsuspecting traveller. I did not pay attention to the volume that sat cumbersomely on the desk next to my bed for many weeks. During which time the dreams got more potent and violent, I spent the day hours rocking in my chair and gazing at the sky, wishing for better things. After this mournful period had passed I only then picked up the book and opened it's pages, oh I wish I had not. 

As I began reading the first page a writhing mass of tentacles wrapped themselves around me, pulling me into the pages. I tried to scream but the sound didn't come out.

The first thing I saw was a sea of dark green and a black tentacle in the distance, writhing spastically. My eyes opened wide in fear, I recognised the place from my dream, except I wasn't dreaming. I rotated my head around  behind me to see large stacks of books, flying papers and many oddly themed desks. This is where I spent the next- I couldn't say how long I stayed there, however I now know things i should not know. Hidden secrets stashed away for centuries located here in... Apocrypha. I was not aware of the danger the place presented, I had become naive to the dreams which had haunted me, and this was to be my downfall. As I sat reading the countless volume of secrets, a figure approached behind me, I did not notice it, but as it's ominous shadow cast over me I looked up at the source in terror at a disgusting looking creature, coated in thick tentacles and horny appendiges staring back at me with dead eyes. As I was picked up by the thing, I dropped the book and was silent in fear, I was paralyzed. It proceeded to throw me into the green sea and as I sunk to the bottom it clawed at my skin and mind, tearing it's way in and burrowing itself deep inside, so far it could never come out. As my mind gave up my vision faded to black and I awoke in my chair, in my hut.

I thought I was free but now as I have returned to normality I realise that it is still inside me. So far in I can't get it out. He calls for me, he wants me back. Im opening the book now.

And this is where I find this journal, a ramshackle hut with no person or mysterious black book in sight. However I warn the reader DO NOT attempt to pass Hermaeus Mora's test, destroy the black books!

Unkown, Some time in the 4E. 

Ruvgein
August 30, 2017

Have you thought about writing apocrypha for r/teslore ?

by Ruvgein
August 30, 2017

Sildolok
August 31, 2017
Ruvgein

No, I don't use Reddit at all really, would you recommend doing so? If so, what would I write about Apocrypha? Do you mean something like this?

by Sildolok
August 31, 2017
Ruvgein

No, I don't use Reddit at all really, would you recommend doing so? If so, what would I write about Apocrypha? Do you mean something like this?

Zinrahzul
September 2, 2017
@Sildolok I could definitely picture the places you mentioned. I like this kind of written work.
by Zinrahzul
September 2, 2017
@Sildolok I could definitely picture the places you mentioned. I like this kind of written work.

Sildolok
September 2, 2017

@Zinrahzul

Thanks! Much appreciated!

by Sildolok
September 2, 2017

@Zinrahzul

Thanks! Much appreciated!

Ruvgein
September 3, 2017
@Sildolok

Apocrypha is expanding on lore, like writing a book like ones you'd find in game. What you have looks like it could fit there.

I won't "recommend" it because the lore gets crazy and isn't everyone's thing, but I'd ask you check it out, as you will get good feedback. Click the link to reddit I gave, and look on the left for "search all apocrypha" and you can decide if you want to.

If you have questions or want more in depth about it, feel free to send me a PM.
by Ruvgein
September 3, 2017
@Sildolok

Apocrypha is expanding on lore, like writing a book like ones you'd find in game. What you have looks like it could fit there.

I won't "recommend" it because the lore gets crazy and isn't everyone's thing, but I'd ask you check it out, as you will get good feedback. Click the link to reddit I gave, and look on the left for "search all apocrypha" and you can decide if you want to.

If you have questions or want more in depth about it, feel free to send me a PM.

Sildolok
September 4, 2017

@Ruvgein

Ok! Thanks for the clarification, i'll be sure to check it out.

by Sildolok
September 4, 2017

@Ruvgein

Ok! Thanks for the clarification, i'll be sure to check it out.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.