Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

How weak is really the legion?

DovakriiHax
September 22, 2017

So i was wondering how weak the legion really is in skyrim, and since this website hosts a community of diehard skyrim/elder scrolls fans why not ask here.

So the legion talks about how they are ``stretched a little thin these days``. But how stretched thin?

After checking multiple imperial garrisions in skyrim i came to the conclusion that the legion should rather be named the cohort. Since the empire in the elder scrolls is based off the roman empire judging by the cheer size of a legion they may have been stronger before but lost alot of strengt? Idk i basicly just want to know how weak they really are.

by DovakriiHax
September 22, 2017

So i was wondering how weak the legion really is in skyrim, and since this website hosts a community of diehard skyrim/elder scrolls fans why not ask here.

So the legion talks about how they are ``stretched a little thin these days``. But how stretched thin?

After checking multiple imperial garrisions in skyrim i came to the conclusion that the legion should rather be named the cohort. Since the empire in the elder scrolls is based off the roman empire judging by the cheer size of a legion they may have been stronger before but lost alot of strengt? Idk i basicly just want to know how weak they really are.

Keita
October 23, 2017

?they are weaker because of the great war... if you would look at some more research it may take you back to The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion. see during the great war, thousands of legion soldiers and hundreds of legion officers died. and if you count in the Blades because they were part of it, there are only 3 left in skyrim. Delphine, Esbern, and Fulthiem (Fulthiem can be found in nightgate inn) 86% died in the war, while the rest were hunted down and eventualy killed. also the emperor is killed in the Dark Brotherhood quest line which makes the empire weaker in every way possible. do your homework, FULLY.

by Keita
October 23, 2017

?they are weaker because of the great war... if you would look at some more research it may take you back to The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion. see during the great war, thousands of legion soldiers and hundreds of legion officers died. and if you count in the Blades because they were part of it, there are only 3 left in skyrim. Delphine, Esbern, and Fulthiem (Fulthiem can be found in nightgate inn) 86% died in the war, while the rest were hunted down and eventualy killed. also the emperor is killed in the Dark Brotherhood quest line which makes the empire weaker in every way possible. do your homework, FULLY.

Frinmulaar
October 23, 2017
DovakriiHax

After checking multiple imperial garrisions in skyrim i came to the conclusion that the legion should rather be named the cohort. Since the empire in the elder scrolls is based off the roman empire judging by the cheer size of a legion they may have been stronger before but lost alot of strengt?

Mostly correct. Also remember lore versus gameplay. TES V: Skyrim's rendition of Solitude has a population of 75 people. In real life that would be called a village, not a capital.

by Frinmulaar
October 23, 2017
DovakriiHax

After checking multiple imperial garrisions in skyrim i came to the conclusion that the legion should rather be named the cohort. Since the empire in the elder scrolls is based off the roman empire judging by the cheer size of a legion they may have been stronger before but lost alot of strengt?

Mostly correct. Also remember lore versus gameplay. TES V: Skyrim's rendition of Solitude has a population of 75 people. In real life that would be called a village, not a capital.

Sildolok
November 20, 2017

Well, I agree mostly with what you propose, but obviously we shouldn't look "in game" so to speak for our information. As Frin says if Solitude only had a population of 75 people then why in earth would it be the capital of a province? The first aspect which we must consider is: Who will take over from the emperor after he was killed by either the Dragonborn or a random Dark Brotherhood assassin. Did he have any children? This is unknown but considering his age I think he most likely would have produced offspring ( if he were thinking ahead that far ).

If that was the case, the heir would be inexperienced and without many advisors due to the pull of resources from the war. He would also most likely flaunt his wealth without care because of this and may make some ill-advised decisions for his people.

This could then lead to the Empire becoming extremely weak and crumpling before the Aldmeri Dominion.

However, if the Dragonborn were to help the Empire, there could be the possibility that he would be crowned as Emperor, which, could lead to a more prosperous future for the entirety of Tamriel. Since he/she could continue the Dovahsos-line.

Anyway, the Empire right now is in shambles, Skyrim even more so, and will continue to be until something drastic is done. 

by Sildolok
November 20, 2017

Well, I agree mostly with what you propose, but obviously we shouldn't look "in game" so to speak for our information. As Frin says if Solitude only had a population of 75 people then why in earth would it be the capital of a province? The first aspect which we must consider is: Who will take over from the emperor after he was killed by either the Dragonborn or a random Dark Brotherhood assassin. Did he have any children? This is unknown but considering his age I think he most likely would have produced offspring ( if he were thinking ahead that far ).

If that was the case, the heir would be inexperienced and without many advisors due to the pull of resources from the war. He would also most likely flaunt his wealth without care because of this and may make some ill-advised decisions for his people.

This could then lead to the Empire becoming extremely weak and crumpling before the Aldmeri Dominion.

However, if the Dragonborn were to help the Empire, there could be the possibility that he would be crowned as Emperor, which, could lead to a more prosperous future for the entirety of Tamriel. Since he/she could continue the Dovahsos-line.

Anyway, the Empire right now is in shambles, Skyrim even more so, and will continue to be until something drastic is done. 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.