Keita
October 23, 2017

because the Emperor is a puppet of the Elves

by Keita
October 23, 2017

because the Emperor is a puppet of the Elves

Potatoe Pope
December 14, 2017

Possible, or it is just the fact that the Empire got their butts whupped during the Great War. I would assume that if the Emperor was a puppet the Penitus Oculatus would either consist of or have High Elves in it. Also, General Tulius HIMSELF despises the Thalmor but that could be chalked up to the fact that the Thalmor were militarily superior to the Empire.

by Potatoe Pope
December 14, 2017

Possible, or it is just the fact that the Empire got their butts whupped during the Great War. I would assume that if the Emperor was a puppet the Penitus Oculatus would either consist of or have High Elves in it. Also, General Tulius HIMSELF despises the Thalmor but that could be chalked up to the fact that the Thalmor were militarily superior to the Empire.

Zinrahzul
December 15, 2017
According to certain sources, it was a strategic move by the emperor to fight another day...
by Zinrahzul
December 15, 2017
According to certain sources, it was a strategic move by the emperor to fight another day...

OED Kaldmit
December 15, 2017

Drem yol lok

by OED Kaldmit
December 15, 2017

Drem yol lok

Hahdremro
December 19, 2017
Kaldmit

Drem yol lok

That doesn't add anything to this discussion, fahdoni.

What does add something to this discussion, however, would be pointing out that the great Empire was equal in power to the Aldmeri Dominion, not lesser. The peace was brought about to save the lives that would otherwise have been lost if the war had been allowed to be even more long and drawn out.

It must be true. I heard it in Imperial propoganda.

by Hahdremro
December 19, 2017
Kaldmit

Drem yol lok

What does add something to this discussion, however, would be pointing out that the great Empire was equal in power to the Aldmeri Dominion, not lesser. The peace was brought about to save the lives that would otherwise have been lost if the war had been allowed to be even more long and drawn out.

Potatoe Pope
January 22, 2018
Hahdremro

And that is why this thread exists.

by Potatoe Pope
January 22, 2018
Hahdremro

And that is why this thread exists.

Deyra
January 25, 2018

You should find and read the book "The Great War" in the game, it explains just about everything. It talks about the rise of the Thalmor, how the war got started, the sack of the Imperial City, The Battle of the Red Ring, the end of the war, and eventually the signing of the White-Gold Concordat. After the war the Imperials were incredibly weakened, "Not a single legion had more than half its soldiers fit for duty. Two legions had been effectively annihilated," so Titus II had to negotiate peace with the Thalmor. This is what resulted in Talos worship being banned, Hammerfell being renounced as an Imperial province, the disbandment of the Blades, and the right for the Thalmor to move throughout the Empire.

by Deyra
January 25, 2018

You should find and read the book "The Great War" in the game, it explains just about everything. It talks about the rise of the Thalmor, how the war got started, the sack of the Imperial City, The Battle of the Red Ring, the end of the war, and eventually the signing of the White-Gold Concordat. After the war the Imperials were incredibly weakened, "Not a single legion had more than half its soldiers fit for duty. Two legions had been effectively annihilated," so Titus II had to negotiate peace with the Thalmor. This is what resulted in Talos worship being banned, Hammerfell being renounced as an Imperial province, the disbandment of the Blades, and the right for the Thalmor to move throughout the Empire.

Foaakdah
January 31, 2018

The Emperor didn't want more blood spilled for a pointless war 

by Foaakdah
January 31, 2018

The Emperor didn't want more blood spilled for a pointless war 

Hahdremro
January 31, 2018

>pointless war

tfw freedom of religion and the relative equality of Men and Mer are pointless

guessillworshiptalosinsecret.png

by Hahdremro
January 31, 2018

>pointless war

tfw freedom of religion and the relative equality of Men and Mer are pointless

guessillworshiptalosinsecret.png

Sildolok
February 6, 2018

After reading up on this, I realise how much of an asshole the Thalmor are, they were just like. "Hey what's up, we're superior to you in every way soooo... Give us land."

Accurate representation.

by Sildolok
February 6, 2018

After reading up on this, I realise how much of an asshole the Thalmor are, they were just like. "Hey what's up, we're superior to you in every way soooo... Give us land."

Accurate representation.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.