Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzul to Esperanto

AMSirce
November 2, 2017
Since Esperanto was designed as an international language, wouldn't it make since that it could potentially make the translation of Dovahzul to other languages easier?
I know the canon material is limited due to Bethesda not fleshing out the language(even as a Dovahzul to English dictionary), but if they have no intention to flesh it out properly then I see no reason we can't improvise.
Dovahzul uses a grammatical structure almost similar to(but not exactly the same as) English, and it's essentially a root-dialect.
In the event that Bethesda decides to properly flesh out the language to a fuller extent, then we can simply make "corrections" to make sure the canon is used as it's released.
One way to possibly encourage Bethesda to flesh out the language as it needs to be is to just go ahead and start using it even with the non-canon. By translating to as many different languages as possible.
Who knows? Maybe some of the non-canon could ascend to being canon. Won't know until we force their hand.
by AMSirce
November 2, 2017
Since Esperanto was designed as an international language, wouldn't it make since that it could potentially make the translation of Dovahzul to other languages easier?

I know the canon material is limited due to Bethesda not fleshing out the language(even as a Dovahzul to English dictionary), but if they have no intention to flesh it out properly then I see no reason we can't improvise.

Dovahzul uses a grammatical structure almost similar to(but not exactly the same as) English, and it's essentially a root-dialect.

In the event that Bethesda decides to properly flesh out the language to a fuller extent, then we can simply make "corrections" to make sure the canon is used as it's released.

One way to possibly encourage Bethesda to flesh out the language as it needs to be is to just go ahead and start using it even with the non-canon. By translating to as many different languages as possible.

Who knows? Maybe some of the non-canon could ascend to being canon. Won't know until we force their hand.

DovahKiinZaan
March 30, 2018

The non-canon to canon debate is an argument that belongs in the Dragon Language Discussion forums.

by DovahKiinZaan
March 30, 2018

The non-canon to canon debate is an argument that belongs in the Dragon Language Discussion forums.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.