Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

couple questions

womedrah
November 22, 2017

What happened to the punctuations I used to see? Am I missing them or has the community gotten rid of them? What about the numbers, I cannot find them anywhere. The PDF seems to only have letters.

I am taking the course on memrise and I couldn't help but notice that "their" was missing. As in "their dragon". How would one translate that if there is a translation?

I know these questions have probably been asked before, but I couldn't find a search function for the forum. Thanks in advance!

by womedrah
November 22, 2017

What happened to the punctuations I used to see? Am I missing them or has the community gotten rid of them? What about the numbers, I cannot find them anywhere. The PDF seems to only have letters.

I am taking the course on memrise and I couldn't help but notice that "their" was missing. As in "their dragon". How would one translate that if there is a translation?

I know these questions have probably been asked before, but I couldn't find a search function for the forum. Thanks in advance!

Liis
Administrator
November 24, 2017
There are no canon punctuations in Dovahzul. The only canon number is "Gein", "one" and its adverbial variant "Ont", "once".
My best guess for a translation of "their" is "___ do/se niin" for "their ___".
by Liis
November 24, 2017
There are no canon punctuations in Dovahzul. The only canon number is "Gein", "one" and its adverbial variant "Ont", "once".

My best guess for a translation of "their" is "___ do/se niin" for "their ___".

womedrah
November 27, 2017
Liis
There are no canon punctuations in Dovahzul. The only canon number is "Gein", "one" and its adverbial variant "Ont", "once". My best guess for a translation of "their" is "___ do/se niin" for "their ___".

Thanks for the reply. So what do you do to represent numbers beyond one? Like "I vanquished 3 dragons today."

by womedrah
November 27, 2017
Liis
There are no canon punctuations in Dovahzul. The only canon number is "Gein", "one" and its adverbial variant "Ont", "once". My best guess for a translation of "their" is "___ do/se niin" for "their ___".

Thanks for the reply. So what do you do to represent numbers beyond one? Like "I vanquished 3 dragons today."

Liis
Administrator
November 27, 2017
If you really need to be specific about the number, there's not much you can do.

This is a chart of all the non-canon (fan-made) numbers and suffixes for them. Remember that any non-canon material from this site will not be understood elsewhere without knowledge from this site.
by Liis
November 27, 2017
If you really need to be specific about the number, there's not much you can do.

This is a chart of all the non-canon (fan-made) numbers and suffixes for them. Remember that any non-canon material from this site will not be understood elsewhere without knowledge from this site.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.