Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Question on how to describe Hell.

Kendovdoaaz
December 27, 2017
How have you described or made use of vocabulary to get across the concept of Hell as a place, theory, or expletive (ex: "Hell no.")
I would like different examples if possible, thank you.
by Kendovdoaaz
December 27, 2017
How have you described or made use of vocabulary to get across the concept of Hell as a place, theory, or expletive (ex: "Hell no.")

I would like different examples if possible, thank you.

onikmey
December 30, 2017
From what I know there isnt one. Hell isnt a universal concept and the afterlife of the elder scrolls is a vastly different from our own view. An eternal land of suffering and torment for nonbelievers isnt really a traditional concept. On top of that the dov are the immortal children of akatosh, the dragon-god of time. They dont have an afterlife- they simply exist.
by onikmey
December 30, 2017
From what I know there isnt one. Hell isnt a universal concept and the afterlife of the elder scrolls is a vastly different from our own view. An eternal land of suffering and torment for nonbelievers isnt really a traditional concept. On top of that the dov are the immortal children of akatosh, the dragon-god of time. They dont have an afterlife- they simply exist.

onikmey
December 30, 2017
As far as places go you could look into how they speak of various planes of oblivion and the Deyra who inhabit them. As for explicatives, dragons dont typically use explicatives like we do. Swearing is typically seen as a poor use for the Thu'um. What good is swearing when you can invoke the essence of rage with a single word?
by onikmey
December 30, 2017
As far as places go you could look into how they speak of various planes of oblivion and the Deyra who inhabit them. As for explicatives, dragons dont typically use explicatives like we do. Swearing is typically seen as a poor use for the Thu'um. What good is swearing when you can invoke the essence of rage with a single word?

Kendovdoaaz
December 30, 2017
@onikmey

Thanks for all the info but I am trying to have daily conversations with people around me and am looking for some help with the word "Hell" as there is nothing similar in the dictionary. Since everyone has different views, I am hoping for different ways of getting the concept across.
by Kendovdoaaz
December 30, 2017
@onikmey

Thanks for all the info but I am trying to have daily conversations with people around me and am looking for some help with the word "Hell" as there is nothing similar in the dictionary. Since everyone has different views, I am hoping for different ways of getting the concept across.

Kendovdoaaz
December 30, 2017
Please post examples of how you would get the idea of "Hell" or just the word "hell" across in a conversation.
by Kendovdoaaz
December 30, 2017
Please post examples of how you would get the idea of "Hell" or just the word "hell" across in a conversation.

Frinmulaar
December 31, 2017

What do you even need the idea of a torturous afterlife for? If you are not trying to discuss the concept, vahzah is about the only intensifier that won't be taken as a pathetic waste of breath. Humanoid races in TES sometimes use Oblivion as an expletive, but even then, dragons never do.

by Frinmulaar
December 31, 2017

What do you even need the idea of a torturous afterlife for? If you are not trying to discuss the concept, vahzah is about the only intensifier that won't be taken as a pathetic waste of breath. Humanoid races in TES sometimes use Oblivion as an expletive, but even then, dragons never do.

Kendovdoaaz
December 31, 2017

This post has been deleted.

by Kendovdoaaz
December 31, 2017

This post has been deleted.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.