Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

"Vokul Fen Mah" translation

Volziinos Zahkr
January 14, 2018
[Drem Yol Lok]! I'm new here, so I apologize if I may have posted in the wrong place or something along those lines. Anyway, can someone help with this? Thanks!
by Volziinos Zahkr
January 14, 2018
[Drem Yol Lok]! I'm new here, so I apologize if I may have posted in the wrong place or something along those lines. Anyway, can someone help with this? Thanks!

Frinmulaar
January 15, 2018

Fire, fire, dragon fire
Searing words of ancient ire
Wake, wake from the grave
Rise to set the world aflame

Night, night, endless night
Terror is the only light
Bane, bane, rage untamed
Darkness dwells in age-old blame

/./././. (1)
/./././. (1)
/-/-/./ (2)
/./././ (2)

The song is in a trochaic rhythm where downbeats can be freely omitted. This will make things easy. You will also need just two rhyming pairs per stanza. There are more than 60 rhyme groups in canon (accounting for vowel length), each with an average of ten words. Plenty to choose from.

by Frinmulaar
January 15, 2018

Fire, fire, dragon fire
Searing words of ancient ire
Wake, wake from the grave
Rise to set the world aflame

Night, night, endless night
Terror is the only light
Bane, bane, rage untamed
Darkness dwells in age-old blame

/./././. (1)
/./././. (1)
/-/-/./ (2)
/./././ (2)

The song is in a trochaic rhythm where downbeats can be freely omitted. This will make things easy. You will also need just two rhyming pairs per stanza. There are more than 60 rhyme groups in canon (accounting for vowel length), each with an average of ten words. Plenty to choose from.

Volziinos Zahkr
January 16, 2018
@Frinmulaar So far, Zin and I have come up with this:
Yol, yol, dovah yol,
Agtaas rot do wuth rahgol
Vo, vo, nok ko qoth,
Alok wah meyz yolos golt
Vul, vul, ulse vul,
Maar, nii los fin nunon kun
Feyn, feyn, rahgot fel,
Vulom lahney ko wuth rel

I think we're pretty much done, but if you have any suggestions, just post on here!
by Volziinos Zahkr
January 16, 2018
@Frinmulaar So far, Zin and I have come up with this:

Yol, yol, dovah yol,

Agtaas rot do wuth rahgol

Vo, vo, nok ko qoth,

Alok wah meyz yolos golt

Vul, vul, ulse vul,

Maar, nii los fin nunon kun

Feyn, feyn, rahgot fel,

Vulom lahney ko wuth rel

I think we're pretty much done, but if you have any suggestions, just post on here!

Vuldovyol
February 27, 2018
For the line:"night, night, endless night," I suggest using Vulon instead of vul and Unslaad instead of ulse.
by Vuldovyol
February 27, 2018
For the line:"night, night, endless night," I suggest using Vulon instead of vul and Unslaad instead of ulse.

Volziinos Zahkr
February 28, 2018
Tinvaakbo

Well, one must remember, we need it to fit with the original syllables. "Vulon, vulon, vulon unslaad" would not fit. "Vul, vul, ul-se vul" has exactly the same amount of sylables as "night, night, end-less night", so we would want to use that.

by Volziinos Zahkr
February 28, 2018
Tinvaakbo

Well, one must remember, we need it to fit with the original syllables. "Vulon, vulon, vulon unslaad" would not fit. "Vul, vul, ul-se vul" has exactly the same amount of sylables as "night, night, end-less night", so we would want to use that.

Vuldovyol
March 1, 2018

good point

by Vuldovyol
March 1, 2018

good point

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.