Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discord... "Dovahzul 101"

1  2 > >>  

Volziinos Zahkr
January 16, 2018
Drem yol lok! Kind of like a class, I wish to make one in thuum.org's name, to help people learn, with voice chat, and even different class levels, like how there is French/Spanish I, II, and III... Any feedback on this would be great! Lok thu'um
by Volziinos Zahkr
January 16, 2018
Drem yol lok! Kind of like a class, I wish to make one in thuum.org's name, to help people learn, with voice chat, and even different class levels, like how there is French/Spanish I, II, and III... Any feedback on this would be great! Lok thu'um

Volziinos Zahkr
January 16, 2018
And, if not me, as a suggestion, perhaps paarthurnax or some mod could make it.
by Volziinos Zahkr
January 16, 2018
And, if not me, as a suggestion, perhaps paarthurnax or some mod could make it.

ntoskrnl
January 16, 2018
I quite like this idea. I think Discord could be a great addition to this community as the forums are not a particuarly real time communication platform, and while the Wall helps that situation it is far from perfect. Discord is a much more established platform and allows images, emojis, bots, etc. that can really help.

Speaking of bots, I have a little bit of experience in Discord bots and I have in fact already made a bot for fun that is able to translate text to runic characters (done via custom emojis). This could provide the ability to write in runes as well, like on the forums or wall.
by ntoskrnl
January 16, 2018
I quite like this idea. I think Discord could be a great addition to this community as the forums are not a particuarly real time communication platform, and while the Wall helps that situation it is far from perfect. Discord is a much more established platform and allows images, emojis, bots, etc. that can really help.

Speaking of bots, I have a little bit of experience in Discord bots and I have in fact already made a bot for fun that is able to translate text to runic characters (done via custom emojis). This could provide the ability to write in runes as well, like on the forums or wall.

Volziinos Zahkr
January 16, 2018
@ntoskrnl Wow, alright! I shall ask paarth about this whole thing
by Volziinos Zahkr
January 16, 2018
@ntoskrnl Wow, alright! I shall ask paarth about this whole thing

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 16, 2018

No need to ask, it looks like there's interest and it seems like it'd be a great way to learn. I personally don't have much interest in maintaining a Discord channel (obviously, I'd rather have conversation here), but by all means feel free to set something up on your own and share the link.

by paarthurnax
January 16, 2018

No need to ask, it looks like there's interest and it seems like it'd be a great way to learn. I personally don't have much interest in maintaining a Discord channel (obviously, I'd rather have conversation here), but by all means feel free to set something up on your own and share the link.

Volziinos Zahkr
January 16, 2018
@paarthurnax Alright, thanks! Sorry, I already messaged you about it and didn't realize you had already posted this.
by Volziinos Zahkr
January 16, 2018
@paarthurnax Alright, thanks! Sorry, I already messaged you about it and didn't realize you had already posted this.

Volziinos Zahkr
January 16, 2018
@paarthurnax Would it be okay if I called it the "official" Discord for thuum.org?
by Volziinos Zahkr
January 16, 2018
@paarthurnax Would it be okay if I called it the "official" Discord for thuum.org?

Volziinos Zahkr
January 16, 2018
@ntoskrnl What's the bot name?
by Volziinos Zahkr
January 16, 2018
@ntoskrnl What's the bot name?

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 16, 2018
Volziinos

No worries, I actually saw your message first but thought I'd post here. I'll lean towards no on this one if only because that might imply mod or dev support. Besides, maybe you'll get some people from other TES sites.

by paarthurnax
January 16, 2018
Volziinos

No worries, I actually saw your message first but thought I'd post here. I'll lean towards no on this one if only because that might imply mod or dev support. Besides, maybe you'll get some people from other TES sites.

Volziinos Zahkr
January 16, 2018
@paarthurnax Alright, could I mention thuum.org by doing "unofficial"?
by Volziinos Zahkr
January 16, 2018

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 16, 2018
Volziinos

For sure, I think that's fair.

by paarthurnax
January 16, 2018
Volziinos

For sure, I think that's fair.

ntoskrnl
January 16, 2018

@Volziinos DM me and I'll help with the bot and help with the server if you'd like as well.

by ntoskrnl
January 16, 2018

@Volziinos DM me and I'll help with the bot and help with the server if you'd like as well.

Volziinos Zahkr
January 16, 2018
@ntoskrnl Alright
by Volziinos Zahkr
January 16, 2018
@ntoskrnl Alright

Volziinos Zahkr
January 16, 2018
@paarthurnax Thanks! Want an invite?
by Volziinos Zahkr
January 16, 2018
@paarthurnax Thanks! Want an invite?

Volziinos Zahkr
January 16, 2018
The Discord is now almost completely set up! Here's a link:
https://discord.gg/vAJmAJn
by Volziinos Zahkr
January 16, 2018
The Discord is now almost completely set up! Here's a link:

https://discord.gg/vAJmAJn
 1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.