Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org 2018 Event Plan

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 22, 2018

So, 2017 was a pretty quiet year. I'm looking to give everyone more things to do this year and more reason to visit regularly. The RP forum is a good start. So with that in mind, here's what I'm thinking.

Daily Events:

• Mey-Rot Monday: A short dragon language riddle to solve.
  • Thu'um Thursday: Featured word, maybe a bit more in-depth.
  • Sikaav Saturday: Double gold rewards for game completion, best word scores of the day will be posted.

The goal with these is to give predictable days that people can look forward to. If you have any ideas for daily events, let me know!

Monthly Events:

• February: Contest #1
  • March: Sikaav Tournament
  • April: April Fools/Riddle Event (like The Great Hunt)
  • May: Contest #2
  • June: Forelnaar Sequel/Expansion
  • July: Contest #3
  • August: Updated Learning PDF
  • September: Contest #4
  • October: TBD
  • November: Contest #5
  • December: TBD

It's been almost a full year since our last contest, so I want to run those again. The Sikaav tournament will be fun, and hopefully these events will bring enough people to make for an active tournament. I do have some bugs to fix and features to add prior to then.

Forelnaar would actually be a pretty simple game to replicate with a different dungeon and different text/challenges, so if there's interest I may plan on doing another version of that.

Besides that, let me know if there are any other features, games, or events you'd like to see!

by paarthurnax
January 22, 2018

So, 2017 was a pretty quiet year. I'm looking to give everyone more things to do this year and more reason to visit regularly. The RP forum is a good start. So with that in mind, here's what I'm thinking.

Daily Events:

• Mey-Rot Monday: A short dragon language riddle to solve.
  • Thu'um Thursday: Featured word, maybe a bit more in-depth.
  • Sikaav Saturday: Double gold rewards for game completion, best word scores of the day will be posted.

The goal with these is to give predictable days that people can look forward to. If you have any ideas for daily events, let me know!

Monthly Events:

• February: Contest #1
  • March: Sikaav Tournament
  • April: April Fools/Riddle Event (like The Great Hunt)
  • May: Contest #2
  • June: Forelnaar Sequel/Expansion
  • July: Contest #3
  • August: Updated Learning PDF
  • September: Contest #4
  • October: TBD
  • November: Contest #5
  • December: TBD

It's been almost a full year since our last contest, so I want to run those again. The Sikaav tournament will be fun, and hopefully these events will bring enough people to make for an active tournament. I do have some bugs to fix and features to add prior to then.

Forelnaar would actually be a pretty simple game to replicate with a different dungeon and different text/challenges, so if there's interest I may plan on doing another version of that.

Besides that, let me know if there are any other features, games, or events you'd like to see!

Ruvgein
January 23, 2018
What kind of games can the website support? I know JavaScript, but what about Flash player?
by Ruvgein
January 23, 2018
What kind of games can the website support? I know JavaScript, but what about Flash player?

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 23, 2018
Ruvgein

I technically could post a Flash game (a very old version of the reading test found in the lessons used Flash) but it wouldn't be friendly to a lot of browsers or mobile devices. If you have a game idea, though, odds are it could be made as easily in HTML5 as in Flash.

by paarthurnax
January 23, 2018
Ruvgein

I technically could post a Flash game (a very old version of the reading test found in the lessons used Flash) but it wouldn't be friendly to a lot of browsers or mobile devices. If you have a game idea, though, odds are it could be made as easily in HTML5 as in Flash.

Fronlaasfrin
January 25, 2018
I came up with this in the shower today. Wheel of Fortune, but with the Dovahzul. How about it?
by Fronlaasfrin
January 25, 2018
I came up with this in the shower today. Wheel of Fortune, but with the Dovahzul. How about it?

Vuldovyol
April 2, 2018

maybe an update to the Labyrinth game?

by Vuldovyol
April 2, 2018

maybe an update to the Labyrinth game?

LazerTank9
May 8, 2018

You should add Dovahzul Boggle, to go with Scrabble(Sikaav). You could call it Heimrottovit.

by LazerTank9
May 8, 2018

You should add Dovahzul Boggle, to go with Scrabble(Sikaav). You could call it Heimrottovit.

DoctorParadox
May 28, 2018

well the goal of this site seems to be learning dovahzuul, so why dont you make a game that has to do with choosing the correct sentence stuctures. idk how you would do that but its an idea.

by DoctorParadox
May 28, 2018

well the goal of this site seems to be learning dovahzuul, so why dont you make a game that has to do with choosing the correct sentence stuctures. idk how you would do that but its an idea.

Hahdremro
May 29, 2018
DoctorParadox

At a con a while ago, I saw that someone had made an educational card game based around Japanese sentence structure and syntax. It's an interesting idea, but Dovahzul is based on English sentence structures, so I don't really see how we could make it interesting considering how many thuum.org users are English speakers.

by Hahdremro
May 29, 2018
DoctorParadox

At a con a while ago, I saw that someone had made an educational card game based around Japanese sentence structure and syntax. It's an interesting idea, but Dovahzul is based on English sentence structures, so I don't really see how we could make it interesting considering how many thuum.org users are English speakers.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.