It's meant for non-draconic races like the Nords, Akaviri, or Imperials

by Krahvulgein
November 13, 2013
Toxikyle
How would a dragon write those?

It's meant for non-draconic races like the Nords, Akaviri, or Imperials

Annwvyn
November 14, 2013

A suggestion would be, if it were to be a truly complicated cypher, would be to add more 'runes' that are not in the standard combination of the original dragon alphabet that would allow for a sort of "shorthand" if you will.  Such as the combination of 'p', 'r', and 'e' (or 'PRE') getting it's own symbol instead of the three symbols that would be standard.

PRE

This would create a much more verbose alphabet, and allow for some interesting combinations of characters, and the new characters could have their own meaning completely separate from what they actually spell out (just look at kanji).

As for the alphabet, it looks very cool.  Very different style from the original font (much more geared towards brush stroke style writing, as opposed to the less stylized claw-marks).

by Annwvyn
November 14, 2013

A suggestion would be, if it were to be a truly complicated cypher, would be to add more 'runes' that are not in the standard combination of the original dragon alphabet that would allow for a sort of "shorthand" if you will.  Such as the combination of 'p', 'r', and 'e' (or 'PRE') getting it's own symbol instead of the three symbols that would be standard.

PRE

This would create a much more verbose alphabet, and allow for some interesting combinations of characters, and the new characters could have their own meaning completely separate from what they actually spell out (just look at kanji).

As for the alphabet, it looks very cool.  Very different style from the original font (much more geared towards brush stroke style writing, as opposed to the less stylized claw-marks).

AxeTheBarbarian
November 15, 2013

I like the concept of an alphabet geared toward non-dragons. The standard one is a bit cumbersome to actually be used by someone lacking dew claws. I'd considered working on a Scandiavian-esque runic alphabet a while back for that very purpose, look like you beat me to it :) Not a big fan of the semitic appearance of the script, but that's just personal taste.

by AxeTheBarbarian
November 15, 2013

I like the concept of an alphabet geared toward non-dragons. The standard one is a bit cumbersome to actually be used by someone lacking dew claws. I'd considered working on a Scandiavian-esque runic alphabet a while back for that very purpose, look like you beat me to it :) Not a big fan of the semitic appearance of the script, but that's just personal taste.

Krahvulgein
November 16, 2013
Annwvyn

PRE

I'll see what I can do...

by Krahvulgein
November 16, 2013
Annwvyn

PRE

I'll see what I can do...

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.