Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzul Youtube Channel Ideas

1  2  3  4  5 > >>  

Frinovdun
February 26, 2018

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me make a Youtube channel dedicated to dubbing things in Dovahzul. Books, songs, your favorite videos, shows, movies, you name it!

If anyone is up for it, I could help out with the editing and some voice overs.

The first name I thought of for it was "Dovahzul Dubs", but I'm open to other names too.

by Frinovdun
February 26, 2018

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me make a Youtube channel dedicated to dubbing things in Dovahzul. Books, songs, your favorite videos, shows, movies, you name it!

If anyone is up for it, I could help out with the editing and some voice overs.

The first name I thought of for it was "Dovahzul Dubs", but I'm open to other names too.

Zinrahzul
February 28, 2018
Well, I had originally tried to start a Dovahzul channel, but I realize I have no time for it! I would certainly support if you managed it! I know Hahdremro was also interested, so we'll see what he says. Dunno about the name, but that's your call. I can provide my voice and writing experience.
by Zinrahzul
February 28, 2018
Well, I had originally tried to start a Dovahzul channel, but I realize I have no time for it! I would certainly support if you managed it! I know Hahdremro was also interested, so we'll see what he says. Dunno about the name, but that's your call. I can provide my voice and writing experience.

Frinovdun
February 28, 2018
Zinrahzul

I would be more than happy to manage the channel and have you support it!  I'm thinking I could also be in charge of editing the videos since I do have some experience with that. What I struggle most with is translating everything and finding people who would like to do voices.

I would appreciate some help translating my latest big project. I can send it to you if you are interested!

by Frinovdun
February 28, 2018
Zinrahzul

I would be more than happy to manage the channel and have you support it!  I'm thinking I could also be in charge of editing the videos since I do have some experience with that. What I struggle most with is translating everything and finding people who would like to do voices.

I would appreciate some help translating my latest big project. I can send it to you if you are interested!

Zinrahzul
February 28, 2018
I like translating, and I have a voice! Whatcha got? Actually, if you can give some sort of outline of the kind of content you're looking to upload, as well as what the upload schedule will look like, perhaps others can help with ideas.
by Zinrahzul
February 28, 2018
I like translating, and I have a voice! Whatcha got? Actually, if you can give some sort of outline of the kind of content you're looking to upload, as well as what the upload schedule will look like, perhaps others can help with ideas.

Frinovdun
February 28, 2018
@Zinrahzul The content is simply anything your heart desires! It could be books, famous quotes, an episode of your favorite show, anything! Whatever you want to have dubbed, we'd do it!

As far as the upload schedule is concerned, the first two things that came to mind were every other day (Monday, Wednesday, friday) or weekends (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.) But I have the feeling the weekend schedule might work a little better.

I'm currently working on translating all of the cutscenes from Sonic Forces. I'm translating it from Windii's japanese to english video. (Link to it should be above) I am having some trouble with it though. I'm using both canon and non-canon vocab, specifically the Legacy Dictionary. I'll send you the transcript if you'd like to help.
by Frinovdun
February 28, 2018
@Zinrahzul The content is simply anything your heart desires! It could be books, famous quotes, an episode of your favorite show, anything! Whatever you want to have dubbed, we'd do it!

As far as the upload schedule is concerned, the first two things that came to mind were every other day (Monday, Wednesday, friday) or weekends (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.) But I have the feeling the weekend schedule might work a little better.

I'm currently working on translating all of the cutscenes from Sonic Forces. I'm translating it from Windii's japanese to english video. (Link to it should be above) I am having some trouble with it though. I'm using both canon and non-canon vocab, specifically the Legacy Dictionary. I'll send you the transcript if you'd like to help.

Zinrahzul
February 28, 2018
I currently have Dan Bull's Epic Skyrim Rap under my belt, as well as Malukah's Tale of the Tongues. My SoundCloud account is tjp7154 and it has all my Dovahzul samples for you to check out. I only use Canon personally, though, so that'll affect what I can translate.
by Zinrahzul
February 28, 2018
I currently have Dan Bull's Epic Skyrim Rap under my belt, as well as Malukah's Tale of the Tongues. My SoundCloud account is tjp7154 and it has all my Dovahzul samples for you to check out. I only use Canon personally, though, so that'll affect what I can translate.

Frinovdun
February 28, 2018
@Zinrahzul I just looked at your SoundCloud stuff. It's amazing!
Can I send you a part of my project to translate and record so I could make a teaser of sorts for the channel?
by Frinovdun
February 28, 2018
@Zinrahzul I just looked at your SoundCloud stuff. It's amazing!

Can I send you a part of my project to translate and record so I could make a teaser of sorts for the channel?

Zinrahzul
February 28, 2018
sure, give me what you have!
by Zinrahzul
February 28, 2018
sure, give me what you have!

Hahdremro
March 1, 2018

Color me interested! I've been told I have a great voice, though I don't really record anything at the moment. (Every time I play games online with voice chat, people ask me for the name of my Twitch or YouTube channel. I have neither, I just have that kind of voice.)

I'll try to get a not-terrible microphone in the not-too-distant future and see if I can lend some of my apparent voice talent to the project. I haven't even played Sonic Forces myself, but I can watch the cutscenes and try to mimic the intonations and voice patterns of the original English lines to make the Dovahzul version sound somewhat convincing. 

I can certainly contribute a bit. Having a YouTube channel might be a good incentive for me to get back to writing original songs in Dovahzul, as well as translations of pre-existing songs. 

Here are a few of the things I've written/translated:

"Aan Lokaal Lovaas," a generic love song I wrote with the Legacy dictionary a couple years ago:
Link

"Feyn do Alduin," a song about the three Nord heroes who banished Alduin during the Dragon War:
Link

A Dovahzul cover of the song "Ghost" by Mystery Skulls, keeping the meter and rhyme scheme of the original song:
Link

I'd love to do some more work with the language and have it available for a wider audience. Once I have some decent recording equipment, I can even work of making/producing a couple of these songs, though I don't have a lot of experience in that field either. Still worth a shot, though!

Let me know what you think of what I can bring to the table here! I'd love to help start a channel and hopefully draw at least a few more people to the site to learn about this great language!

by Hahdremro
March 1, 2018

Color me interested! I've been told I have a great voice, though I don't really record anything at the moment. (Every time I play games online with voice chat, people ask me for the name of my Twitch or YouTube channel. I have neither, I just have that kind of voice.)

I'll try to get a not-terrible microphone in the not-too-distant future and see if I can lend some of my apparent voice talent to the project. I haven't even played Sonic Forces myself, but I can watch the cutscenes and try to mimic the intonations and voice patterns of the original English lines to make the Dovahzul version sound somewhat convincing. 

I can certainly contribute a bit. Having a YouTube channel might be a good incentive for me to get back to writing original songs in Dovahzul, as well as translations of pre-existing songs. 

Here are a few of the things I've written/translated:

"Aan Lokaal Lovaas," a generic love song I wrote with the Legacy dictionary a couple years ago:
Link

"Feyn do Alduin," a song about the three Nord heroes who banished Alduin during the Dragon War:
Link

A Dovahzul cover of the song "Ghost" by Mystery Skulls, keeping the meter and rhyme scheme of the original song:
Link

I'd love to do some more work with the language and have it available for a wider audience. Once I have some decent recording equipment, I can even work of making/producing a couple of these songs, though I don't have a lot of experience in that field either. Still worth a shot, though!

Let me know what you think of what I can bring to the table here! I'd love to help start a channel and hopefully draw at least a few more people to the site to learn about this great language!

Frinovdun
March 1, 2018

@Hahdremro  I would love it if we got your songs produced! I think it would be a great addition to the channel!

I think the biggest thing we would need for the moment are translators and then voice talent. I can handle all the editing as far as the videos themselves are concerned.

I also have the feeling that we would need a big team to cover translating Sonic Forces because it's such a big project. If you'd be willing to help translate and find voice talent, I'd be most grateful!

by Frinovdun
March 1, 2018

@Hahdremro  I would love it if we got your songs produced! I think it would be a great addition to the channel!

I think the biggest thing we would need for the moment are translators and then voice talent. I can handle all the editing as far as the videos themselves are concerned.

I also have the feeling that we would need a big team to cover translating Sonic Forces because it's such a big project. If you'd be willing to help translate and find voice talent, I'd be most grateful!

Zinrahzul
March 1, 2018
If you're translating ALL of Sonic Forces dialog, then you'll want to review translations to make sure character tics and personalities are conveyed properly...
by Zinrahzul
March 1, 2018
If you're translating ALL of Sonic Forces dialog, then you'll want to review translations to make sure character tics and personalities are conveyed properly...

Frinovdun
March 1, 2018
Zinrahzul

Good point. I'll be sure to do that!

by Frinovdun
March 1, 2018
Zinrahzul

Good point. I'll be sure to do that!

Hahdremro
March 1, 2018

If this channel grows, it would be weird to consider the Sonic Forces dialogue being the first video on the channel. Especially considering the, shall we say, questionable quality of the gameplay, from what I've seen of it. I'll see if the cutscenes are worthwhile.

by Hahdremro
March 1, 2018

If this channel grows, it would be weird to consider the Sonic Forces dialogue being the first video on the channel. Especially considering the, shall we say, questionable quality of the gameplay, from what I've seen of it. I'll see if the cutscenes are worthwhile.

Frinovdun
March 1, 2018
Hahdremro

If you do watch the cutscenes, watch Windii's translation of it.  It's much more worthwhile than the official english version. Trust me.    Link to it below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXHo9__fo0s&t=893s 

by Frinovdun
March 1, 2018
Hahdremro

If you do watch the cutscenes, watch Windii's translation of it.  It's much more worthwhile than the official english version. Trust me.    Link to it below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXHo9__fo0s&t=893s 

Zinrahzul
March 1, 2018
What Hahdremro is talking about is setting the tone of the channel, and defining with a channel will be all about. If you name the channel dovahzul dubs, then that's what people will associate with the channel, and I don't think all the content will fit that kind of description, at least not dovahzul songs and other works that aren't dubs, which hah and I are known for.
by Zinrahzul
March 1, 2018
What Hahdremro is talking about is setting the tone of the channel, and defining with a channel will be all about. If you name the channel dovahzul dubs, then that's what people will associate with the channel, and I don't think all the content will fit that kind of description, at least not dovahzul songs and other works that aren't dubs, which hah and I are known for.
 1  2  3  4  5 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.