Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Competitive Tournament 2018: Signup

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 1, 2018

Post below to sign up for the competitive Sikaav tournament by Friday, March 9th. If willing, let us know your time zone so we can attempt to match you with players in a similar time zone.

Tournament Format

The competitive tournament will be in Swiss-system format. Players will play each other across multiple rounds (how many will be determined by the number of participants). A win will award 1 point and a tie will award half a point.

The first round matchups will be determined randomly. Each subsequent round, players will be matched against other players with similar points. For example, in the second round, all 1-0 players will face against other 1-0 players, and all 0-1 players will face against other 0-1 players.

After all rounds have been completed, the players with the most amount of points will continue into single-elimination playoffs to compete for the championship. In the case of tied records, margin of victory (point differential) will be used as a tiebreaker to determine playoff seeding.

Games will be capped at a 60 turn limit. The administrator will set up each game and assign matched players to those games. As best as possible, players will be matched to start an equal number of games. If a player goes second in one round, they will be more likely to go first in the next.

Round Duration & Timely Play

Players will have 1 week to complete their assigned game each round. Rounds may advance more quickly if all players complete their matches.

Please only sign up for the tournament if you have availability to make your plays in a timely fashion throughout the tournament. If you have limited availability during a round, please communicate with your opponent to coordinate a time where you can play together. If you’re no longer able to participate during the tournament altogether, let us know and we’ll sort out the remaining matches.

If you fail to take your turn within 3 days, you will automatically resign from the game. If a game isn’t completed by the end of the round, the player with the highest score will be awarded 1 point. We may take other courses of action if players use the time on their turn in an unsportsmanlike manner. Players who do not complete their games across multiple rounds may be disqualified.

Resources & Sportsmanship

During gameplay, you may use any online resources to take your turn, including the dictionary or translator. You may not consult other players for help. If you are spectating a match, you may comment on existing plays, but please do not provide help to either player in taking their turns.

The regular Sikaav rules apply during this tournament regarding player conduct. Harassing or mistreating your opponent will be grounds for disqualification

Players

1. Vomirmum
  2. Bringiton268
  3. DiamondDragonCC
  4. Stormclloak
  5. Paalviinsik
  6. Diivyolnah
  7. Foxman7363
  8. Lazertank9
  9. F3ARSOME
  10. Dinok
  11. Ruvgein
by paarthurnax
March 1, 2018

Post below to sign up for the competitive Sikaav tournament by Friday, March 9th. If willing, let us know your time zone so we can attempt to match you with players in a similar time zone.

Tournament Format

The competitive tournament will be in Swiss-system format. Players will play each other across multiple rounds (how many will be determined by the number of participants). A win will award 1 point and a tie will award half a point.

The first round matchups will be determined randomly. Each subsequent round, players will be matched against other players with similar points. For example, in the second round, all 1-0 players will face against other 1-0 players, and all 0-1 players will face against other 0-1 players.

After all rounds have been completed, the players with the most amount of points will continue into single-elimination playoffs to compete for the championship. In the case of tied records, margin of victory (point differential) will be used as a tiebreaker to determine playoff seeding.

Games will be capped at a 60 turn limit. The administrator will set up each game and assign matched players to those games. As best as possible, players will be matched to start an equal number of games. If a player goes second in one round, they will be more likely to go first in the next.

Round Duration & Timely Play

Players will have 1 week to complete their assigned game each round. Rounds may advance more quickly if all players complete their matches.

Please only sign up for the tournament if you have availability to make your plays in a timely fashion throughout the tournament. If you have limited availability during a round, please communicate with your opponent to coordinate a time where you can play together. If you’re no longer able to participate during the tournament altogether, let us know and we’ll sort out the remaining matches.

If you fail to take your turn within 3 days, you will automatically resign from the game. If a game isn’t completed by the end of the round, the player with the highest score will be awarded 1 point. We may take other courses of action if players use the time on their turn in an unsportsmanlike manner. Players who do not complete their games across multiple rounds may be disqualified.

Resources & Sportsmanship

During gameplay, you may use any online resources to take your turn, including the dictionary or translator. You may not consult other players for help. If you are spectating a match, you may comment on existing plays, but please do not provide help to either player in taking their turns.

The regular Sikaav rules apply during this tournament regarding player conduct. Harassing or mistreating your opponent will be grounds for disqualification

Players

1. Vomirmum
  2. Bringiton268
  3. DiamondDragonCC
  4. Stormclloak
  5. Paalviinsik
  6. Diivyolnah
  7. Foxman7363
  8. Lazertank9
  9. F3ARSOME
  10. Dinok
  11. Ruvgein

Fronlaasfrin
March 1, 2018

Zu'i fen aav!! I'm in central time zone, Wisconsin.

I hope to do well in this Tournament, and may the best Sikaav player win!

by Fronlaasfrin
March 1, 2018

Zu'i fen aav!! I'm in central time zone, Wisconsin.

I hope to do well in this Tournament, and may the best Sikaav player win!

bringiton268
March 1, 2018

Lets bring this tournament to a beginnig- Bringiton268

by bringiton268
March 1, 2018

Lets bring this tournament to a beginnig- Bringiton268

DiamondDragonCC
March 1, 2018

This could be fun! The time it is best for me to play is between 11:15 and 12:00, Eastern Standard Time.

by DiamondDragonCC
March 1, 2018

This could be fun! The time it is best for me to play is between 11:15 and 12:00, Eastern Standard Time.

MeyzDoFaas
March 1, 2018

I'm still new at this, but I'll particapate. My time zone is Central Standard Time (Chigaco). Good luck to everyone!

by MeyzDoFaas
March 1, 2018

I'm still new at this, but I'll particapate. My time zone is Central Standard Time (Chigaco). Good luck to everyone!

Paalviinsik
March 1, 2018

I'm in Canadian mountain standard time. Good luck and have fun!!!!

by Paalviinsik
March 1, 2018

I'm in Canadian mountain standard time. Good luck and have fun!!!!

Diivyolnah
March 1, 2018
I want to sign up. My time zone is Central European.
by Diivyolnah
March 1, 2018
I want to sign up. My time zone is Central European.

Foxman7363
March 2, 2018

I would love to play. I believe I am central time zone. USA Good luck!

by Foxman7363
March 2, 2018

I would love to play. I believe I am central time zone. USA Good luck!

LazerTank9
March 3, 2018

Lets get crazy. I am in Eastern time zone. In Michigan.

by LazerTank9
March 3, 2018

Lets get crazy. I am in Eastern time zone. In Michigan.

Ruvgein
March 3, 2018
I'll join, why not?

Going by EST and a normal weekday, I'm available in the afternoon (12:00 - 3:00PM) and night (9:00pm- 12:00am) the time in between I can't be sure, it varies too much.
by Ruvgein
March 3, 2018
I'll join, why not?

Going by EST and a normal weekday, I'm available in the afternoon (12:00 - 3:00PM) and night (9:00pm- 12:00am) the time in between I can't be sure, it varies too much.

Ruvgein
March 3, 2018
@LazerTank9

Michigan is Central.
by Ruvgein
March 3, 2018
@LazerTank9

Michigan is Central.

LazerTank9
March 4, 2018
Ruvgein
@LazerTank9 Michigan is Central.

Most of Michigan is in the United States Eastern Time Zone. Four counties (Gogebic, Iron, Dickinson, and Menominee) in the western Upper Peninsula that share their southern border with the state of Wisconsin are in the United States Central Time Zone. I Googled it to be sure. But thanks anyway.

by LazerTank9
March 4, 2018
Ruvgein
@LazerTank9 Michigan is Central.

Most of Michigan is in the United States Eastern Time Zone. Four counties (Gogebic, Iron, Dickinson, and Menominee) in the western Upper Peninsula that share their southern border with the state of Wisconsin are in the United States Central Time Zone. I Googled it to be sure. But thanks anyway.

F3ARSOME
March 5, 2018
I'm in! This sounds like fun!

Eastern standard time zone
Best time to play: 4:00 to whenever

Good luck and let the best Sikaav player win!
by F3ARSOME
March 5, 2018
I'm in! This sounds like fun!

Eastern standard time zone

Best time to play: 4:00 to whenever

Good luck and let the best Sikaav player win!

Zauniglom
March 5, 2018
Any time after 8pm CET, up until whenever
by Zauniglom
March 5, 2018
Any time after 8pm CET, up until whenever

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 10, 2018

The tournament has begun! Check out the games for Round 1 here. You should have a notification for your new game.

Because of the odd number of players, some players may not have a game each round. Everyone will have played 4 games over the course of 5 rounds. Let me know if you have any questions!

by paarthurnax
March 10, 2018

The tournament has begun! Check out the games for Round 1 here. You should have a notification for your new game.

Because of the odd number of players, some players may not have a game each round. Everyone will have played 4 games over the course of 5 rounds. Let me know if you have any questions!

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.