Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Translating and Guessing Songs

JohanEJP
March 19, 2018

So I just felt like translating this song into Dovahzul because I was bored and it gave me the idea of starting a thread where we translate popular songs for eachother to guess. The thing about song lyrics is that they have a lot of phrases and words that do not have a direct translation which calls for a bit of improvisation. 

I will start with my translation of the first verse of a quite famous (and old-ish) song:

[Lahvraan, lahvraan fin su]

[Dreh ni faas gron]

[Bo, nuz dreh ni saan dovah]

[Tovit ahrk siiv hin golt]

[Fah hi haas los lingrah ahrk hi bo gut kotin lok]

[Ahrk luft do fahdon hin fen ofan ahrk luv hi fen luv]

[Ahrk pah hi haalvut ahrk pah hi koraav]

[Los pah lasiil alun fen kos]

(Note: My lyrics don't work with the melody)

Now it's up to you to guess the name of the song and submit your own songs.

I'm also very new to both this site and the language so I want to say sorry in advance for any mistakes I've made.

by JohanEJP
March 19, 2018

So I just felt like translating this song into Dovahzul because I was bored and it gave me the idea of starting a thread where we translate popular songs for eachother to guess. The thing about song lyrics is that they have a lot of phrases and words that do not have a direct translation which calls for a bit of improvisation. 

I will start with my translation of the first verse of a quite famous (and old-ish) song:

[Lahvraan, lahvraan fin su]

[Dreh ni faas gron]

[Bo, nuz dreh ni saan dovah]

[Tovit ahrk siiv hin golt]

[Fah hi haas los lingrah ahrk hi bo gut kotin lok]

[Ahrk luft do fahdon hin fen ofan ahrk luv hi fen luv]

[Ahrk pah hi haalvut ahrk pah hi koraav]

[Los pah lasiil alun fen kos]

(Note: My lyrics don't work with the melody)

Now it's up to you to guess the name of the song and submit your own songs.

I'm also very new to both this site and the language so I want to say sorry in advance for any mistakes I've made.

Zinrahzul
March 21, 2018

This is a great idea, by the way! Question: Could you narrow down the song to whether it's in a movie or not? Because the translation isn't close to the timing of the original song, it might be a bit difficult. Of course, it could be that I don't know enough song lyrics...

by Zinrahzul
March 21, 2018

This is a great idea, by the way! Question: Could you narrow down the song to whether it's in a movie or not? Because the translation isn't close to the timing of the original song, it might be a bit difficult. Of course, it could be that I don't know enough song lyrics...

JohanEJP
April 5, 2018
Zinrahzul

I'm sorry for the late reply but I can tell you that the song is from one of the most sold albums in history.

by JohanEJP
April 5, 2018
Zinrahzul

I'm sorry for the late reply but I can tell you that the song is from one of the most sold albums in history.

JohanEJP
May 17, 2018

Since this thread hasn't moved in over a month, I might as well give you the answer. 

The song is [Breathe (in the air) by Pink Floyd].

Yeah, I have no idea why I thought anyone would be able to guess that. Maybe someone else wants to have a go at making a better translation?

by JohanEJP
May 17, 2018

Since this thread hasn't moved in over a month, I might as well give you the answer. 

The song is [Breathe (in the air) by Pink Floyd].

Yeah, I have no idea why I thought anyone would be able to guess that. Maybe someone else wants to have a go at making a better translation?

Zinrahzul
May 17, 2018
Wow, I definitely would never have gotten that, haha. But that's because I only know a few Pink Floyd songs. You might have to choose something more even more popular. dunno...
by Zinrahzul
May 17, 2018
Wow, I definitely would never have gotten that, haha. But that's because I only know a few Pink Floyd songs. You might have to choose something more even more popular. dunno...

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.