Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Song of Hrormir Reading - Voice Requests

Zinrahzul
March 25, 2018

I just recently re-translated the Song of Hrormir into Dovahzul and I want to narrate it. I can certainly do voices for the characters, but why not just ask people to do that?

Is anyone willing to provide their Dovahzul voice for:

Hrormir, King Vjindak, Darfang, Nocturnal?

My biggest issue is Nocturnal. I .. don't do a good Nocturnal voice well.

Here is the link for my running script:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pT2QD_C1pO3HwQHbO4Eeve0NKgZxq2t5zKwVBZ4bSI8/edit?usp=sharing

by Zinrahzul
March 25, 2018

I just recently re-translated the Song of Hrormir into Dovahzul and I want to narrate it. I can certainly do voices for the characters, but why not just ask people to do that?

Is anyone willing to provide their Dovahzul voice for:

Hrormir, King Vjindak, Darfang, Nocturnal?

My biggest issue is Nocturnal. I .. don't do a good Nocturnal voice well.

Here is the link for my running script:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pT2QD_C1pO3HwQHbO4Eeve0NKgZxq2t5zKwVBZ4bSI8/edit?usp=sharing

Veyd Sahvoz
March 25, 2018
I can do King Vjindak, if you'd like?
by Veyd Sahvoz
March 25, 2018

Zinrahzul
March 25, 2018
Gaafseveyd

Excellent! I'll eventually update the doc to read more like a Script, but if possible, could you record one or more of Vjindak's parts and host it somewhere for me to check out? It doesn't have to be good quality. It's just trying things out.

Try in your "normal" Dovahzul voice, then maybe try it in the voice of a King with authority, who is sending Hrormir out on a mission.

by Zinrahzul
March 25, 2018
Gaafseveyd

Excellent! I'll eventually update the doc to read more like a Script, but if possible, could you record one or more of Vjindak's parts and host it somewhere for me to check out? It doesn't have to be good quality. It's just trying things out.

Try in your "normal" Dovahzul voice, then maybe try it in the voice of a King with authority, who is sending Hrormir out on a mission.

Ruvgein
March 26, 2018
I /might/ be able to help. I'll get back to you after I test how well I can record.
by Ruvgein
March 26, 2018
I /might/ be able to help. I'll get back to you after I test how well I can record.

Zinrahzul
March 26, 2018

Thanks for considering, Ruv! I don't want the lack of "good recording equipment" to prevent us from getting this project done, or started. Just find the "best you can get" for now if you want to try speaking a part.

by Zinrahzul
March 26, 2018

Thanks for considering, Ruv! I don't want the lack of "good recording equipment" to prevent us from getting this project done, or started. Just find the "best you can get" for now if you want to try speaking a part.

Hahdremro
March 28, 2018

Loving the poem! I'm reading through it slowly, but I'm enjoying it so far. I can see a few minor ways to improve it here and there (dropping a use of wah here and there to reduce repetitive sentences, for example) but all in all it's very solid. Rinik pruzah pel, zul-zeymahi! 

by Hahdremro
March 28, 2018

Loving the poem! I'm reading through it slowly, but I'm enjoying it so far. I can see a few minor ways to improve it here and there (dropping a use of wah here and there to reduce repetitive sentences, for example) but all in all it's very solid. Rinik pruzah pel, zul-zeymahi! 

Zinrahzul
March 28, 2018
kogaan! My use of wah was specifically supposed to be for the king and his more noble language.
by Zinrahzul
March 28, 2018
kogaan! My use of wah was specifically supposed to be for the king and his more noble language.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.