Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Community-Written Front Page Updates

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 26, 2018

Sometimes paarth writes updates on the front page. Sometimes paarth does not. Sometimes paarth remembers to post those updates. Sometimes paarth does not.

Zinrahzul asked about whether I'd be open to having members of the community contribute some of the front page content when I might not necessarily have the time to write it myself. I think that's a great idea, so I'd like to share it with all of you and see who would like to write some things for the front page.

What I'd like to set up is a system where members of the community can write something for the front page and then pass it off to a mod or myself to post. Here are the types of things that would be good for the front page:

• Mey-Rot Monday (dragon language riddle)
  • Thu'um Thursday (facts, thoughts, and meditations on a specific Word of Power)
  • Short lessons or tips
  • Quizzes on a particular topic

If you have any other ideas or things you'd like to see on the front page, just let me know!

by paarthurnax
March 26, 2018

Sometimes paarth writes updates on the front page. Sometimes paarth does not. Sometimes paarth remembers to post those updates. Sometimes paarth does not.

Zinrahzul asked about whether I'd be open to having members of the community contribute some of the front page content when I might not necessarily have the time to write it myself. I think that's a great idea, so I'd like to share it with all of you and see who would like to write some things for the front page.

What I'd like to set up is a system where members of the community can write something for the front page and then pass it off to a mod or myself to post. Here are the types of things that would be good for the front page:

• Mey-Rot Monday (dragon language riddle)
  • Thu'um Thursday (facts, thoughts, and meditations on a specific Word of Power)
  • Short lessons or tips
  • Quizzes on a particular topic

If you have any other ideas or things you'd like to see on the front page, just let me know!

Zinrahzul
March 27, 2018
I definitely support this and want to help, Paarth. Thanks for giving your fellow Dovahzul speakers an opportunity to do this. I can provide inputs for all categories, and I know others have as well.

I do have a suggestion for one type of content you can feature: If someone translates a song or literary piece into Dovahzul, you can highlight that on the front page. This would highlight Community involvement and activity on the site.
by Zinrahzul
March 27, 2018
I definitely support this and want to help, Paarth. Thanks for giving your fellow Dovahzul speakers an opportunity to do this. I can provide inputs for all categories, and I know others have as well.

I do have a suggestion for one type of content you can feature: If someone translates a song or literary piece into Dovahzul, you can highlight that on the front page. This would highlight Community involvement and activity on the site.

Ruvgein
March 29, 2018
  • Short lessons or tips

I would love to do more things like Rot Tinvaak - How we "Love" in Dovahzul, for these just using all canon, though.  I actually called it "Rot Tinvaak"  on the off chance I'd make a series. 

The only thing is I'm not the greatest at ideas, so I might need to ask around for topics, but I'd love to do this!

by Ruvgein
March 29, 2018
  • Short lessons or tips

I would love to do more things like Rot Tinvaak - How we "Love" in Dovahzul, for these just using all canon, though.  I actually called it "Rot Tinvaak"  on the off chance I'd make a series. 

The only thing is I'm not the greatest at ideas, so I might need to ask around for topics, but I'd love to do this!

Liis
Administrator
March 29, 2018
@Ruvgein,

When you had posted that thread, I had hoped that you would continue to do those write-ups.
by Liis
March 29, 2018
@Ruvgein,

When you had posted that thread, I had hoped that you would continue to do those write-ups.

ArgonianMudcrab
March 29, 2018

Would definantly give more reason to visit the site everyday, instead of just using the community wall and games (i know there are those members who do just that).

by ArgonianMudcrab
March 29, 2018

Would definantly give more reason to visit the site everyday, instead of just using the community wall and games (i know there are those members who do just that).

Ruvgein
March 29, 2018
Liis

I've wanted to write more "Rot Tinvaak"s, but I can't think of other words/pharses the needed one.  Otherwise I'd have a little collection by now.  I enjoyed making it and it seemed to be quite helpful to the community.

by Ruvgein
March 29, 2018
Liis

I've wanted to write more "Rot Tinvaak"s, but I can't think of other words/pharses the needed one.  Otherwise I'd have a little collection by now.  I enjoyed making it and it seemed to be quite helpful to the community.

Liis
Administrator
March 29, 2018
@Ruvgein,

The only thing I can think of now is a write-up on "name" or how to translate a proper noun or both.
by Liis
March 29, 2018
@Ruvgein,

The only thing I can think of now is a write-up on "name" or how to translate a proper noun or both.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.