Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Working on a physical laser cut Sikaav

DovahkiinG
June 3, 2018

I want to resize everything and need to figure out how to cut it more efficiently(hence the extra blanks,) but it looks cool. I'd also like to ask how you would write the number "10" with the number system. It looked like a base 10 system so I just assumed it was a normal one's digit ten's digit kinda deal.

by DovahkiinG
June 3, 2018

I want to resize everything and need to figure out how to cut it more efficiently(hence the extra blanks,) but it looks cool. I'd also like to ask how you would write the number "10" with the number system. It looked like a base 10 system so I just assumed it was a normal one's digit ten's digit kinda deal.

Zinrahzul
June 4, 2018
That's incredible! I like the idea. I think the English number system ia good enough. I wonder if there's too much clutter with the tiles. I see you have three things on the bottom. Maybe just have the Latin alphabet on the lower left and the number on the right?
by Zinrahzul
June 4, 2018
That's incredible! I like the idea. I think the English number system ia good enough. I wonder if there's too much clutter with the tiles. I see you have three things on the bottom. Maybe just have the Latin alphabet on the lower left and the number on the right?

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 5, 2018

That looks amazing! I like having the Latin transliteration on the tile too, that's helpful for learning. I agree with Zin, maybe it would work better with that in the lower left.

by paarthurnax
June 5, 2018

That looks amazing! I like having the Latin transliteration on the tile too, that's helpful for learning. I agree with Zin, maybe it would work better with that in the lower left.

DovahkiinG
June 6, 2018

Noted. Thanks for the feedback, removing the dovah numerals probably is for the best. It's a little hard to fit everything. The laser also leaves burn marks around the edge that I could "fix," but it also looks kinda cool and it fits into the dragon thing well. 

I'll give it another shot soon and show you guys how it turned out. 

by DovahkiinG
June 6, 2018

Noted. Thanks for the feedback, removing the dovah numerals probably is for the best. It's a little hard to fit everything. The laser also leaves burn marks around the edge that I could "fix," but it also looks kinda cool and it fits into the dragon thing well. 

I'll give it another shot soon and show you guys how it turned out. 

Zinrahzul
June 7, 2018
I definitely like the burn aesthetics. The runes should be more centered, though.
by Zinrahzul
June 7, 2018
I definitely like the burn aesthetics. The runes should be more centered, though.

DovahkiinG
August 8, 2018
http://imgur.com/gallery/vwO4tWX I can't seem to find the proper link. Here's the latest version with the board included!
by DovahkiinG
August 8, 2018
http://imgur.com/gallery/vwO4tWX I can't seem to find the proper link. Here's the latest version with the board included!

[deleted]
August 8, 2018
Wow... This is amazing! I really love the design of the game board :3
by [deleted]
August 8, 2018
Wow... This is amazing! I really love the design of the game board :3

DovahkiinG
August 9, 2018
@Amethyst thanks stayed up till 2 two nights in a row designing/cutting it!
by DovahkiinG
August 9, 2018
@Amethyst thanks stayed up till 2 two nights in a row designing/cutting it!

DovahkiinG
August 14, 2018

Here is the updated version of it!

It's dumb how long it took me to relearn embedding images. 

by DovahkiinG
August 14, 2018

Here is the updated version of it!

It's dumb how long it took me to relearn embedding images. 

Liis
Administrator
August 14, 2018
That's amazing. Looks professional.
by Liis
August 14, 2018
That's amazing. Looks professional.

DovahkiinG
August 15, 2018
@Liis thank you so much. It's actually a very simple and fun machine to use. I started an Etsy actually,though nothing's up there yet. It's becoming necessary to keep my house from being knee deep with coasters and custom Scrabble sets...
by DovahkiinG
August 15, 2018
@Liis thank you so much. It's actually a very simple and fun machine to use. I started an Etsy actually,though nothing's up there yet. It's becoming necessary to keep my house from being knee deep with coasters and custom Scrabble sets...

[deleted]
September 6, 2018

You need to mass-produce these and make it into an actual toy. This would be a much better way to teach my parents Dragon, as they are in love with Scrabble. Maybe run a Kickstarter?

[KULJERH1L]

by [deleted]
September 6, 2018

You need to mass-produce these and make it into an actual toy. This would be a much better way to teach my parents Dragon, as they are in love with Scrabble. Maybe run a Kickstarter?

[KULJERH1L]

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.