Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Concept of The "Dragon Time Tree"

1  2 > >>  

NikkoSossedov1
June 12, 2018
In this thread, we shall expand upon the idea of the "Dragon Branches", which basically means different timelines and how we could possibly apply to the Elder Scrolls series. The information so for is that the Dragon Branches could be used to explain things like uncertain race and gender for the playable characters, along with uncertain origins for them. Each branch has its own version of the 5 heroes.
by NikkoSossedov1
June 12, 2018
In this thread, we shall expand upon the idea of the "Dragon Branches", which basically means different timelines and how we could possibly apply to the Elder Scrolls series. The information so for is that the Dragon Branches could be used to explain things like uncertain race and gender for the playable characters, along with uncertain origins for them. Each branch has its own version of the 5 heroes.

NikkoSossedov1
June 12, 2018
This can also explain questlines outside the main ones. Could the Dragonborn really be the Archmage, Listener, Harbringer, and Champion of ALL the Deadra at the same time? The answer of the Dragon Branches is:Some Times.
by NikkoSossedov1
June 12, 2018
This can also explain questlines outside the main ones. Could the Dragonborn really be the Archmage, Listener, Harbringer, and Champion of ALL the Deadra at the same time? The answer of the Dragon Branches is:Some Times.

NikkoSossedov1
June 12, 2018
The Dragon Branches can also answer uncertain question seen in lore. Are the Ayleids all gone? Did the Dwemer die or go to a different realm when the incident with the Numidium happened? Did the Elnofey really exist? True origins of Nirn? Each branch has its own stories.
by NikkoSossedov1
June 12, 2018
The Dragon Branches can also answer uncertain question seen in lore. Are the Ayleids all gone? Did the Dwemer die or go to a different realm when the incident with the Numidium happened? Did the Elnofey really exist? True origins of Nirn? Each branch has its own stories.

NikkoSossedov1
June 12, 2018
Also mods and fanfics. They take place "farther" from the 'Dragon Trunk' which is basically anything that most definitely happened.
by NikkoSossedov1
June 12, 2018
Also mods and fanfics. They take place "farther" from the 'Dragon Trunk' which is basically anything that most definitely happened.

NikkoSossedov1
June 12, 2018
So, who'd like to add to this?
by NikkoSossedov1
June 12, 2018
So, who'd like to add to this?

Hahdremro
June 13, 2018

Please don't post so many times in a row. There's an edit button on each of your posts. I highly suggest you use it in the future.

The idea you're proposing is already an accepted, if messy, part of TES lore. Dragon Breaks are confusing and seen by most players as a get-out-of-jail-free-card for the writers of the series, but they're canon and they explain away most of what you're talking about. Check out this page about Dragon Breaks on the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages: HERE

by Hahdremro
June 13, 2018

Please don't post so many times in a row. There's an edit button on each of your posts. I highly suggest you use it in the future.

The idea you're proposing is already an accepted, if messy, part of TES lore. Dragon Breaks are confusing and seen by most players as a get-out-of-jail-free-card for the writers of the series, but they're canon and they explain away most of what you're talking about. Check out this page about Dragon Breaks on the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages: HERE

NikkoSossedov1
June 13, 2018
No, I mean stuff outside of Dragon Breaks. Dragon Breaks alter a timeline. Dragon Branches are entirely different timelines, and the concept is meant to include noncanon fanfics and timelines that mods can take place in. For example, in one timeline, one of the playable characters could actually lose, or even join the main villain as an ally. Like imagine how many fanfics there are about the Dragonborn JOINING Alduin. And the reason they are multiple posts is because I am usually on a phone that overheats easily. You try writing a long post when the screen keeps freezing.
by NikkoSossedov1
June 13, 2018
No, I mean stuff outside of Dragon Breaks. Dragon Breaks alter a timeline. Dragon Branches are entirely different timelines, and the concept is meant to include noncanon fanfics and timelines that mods can take place in. For example, in one timeline, one of the playable characters could actually lose, or even join the main villain as an ally. Like imagine how many fanfics there are about the Dragonborn JOINING Alduin. And the reason they are multiple posts is because I am usually on a phone that overheats easily. You try writing a long post when the screen keeps freezing.

Hahdremro
June 13, 2018

So, you're talking about a way to include a possible timeline in which fate has chosen an Ikeaborn (a race of chair people) to save the world from Muscle Man Randy Savage, all the while riding a horse version of Tommy Wiseau and swinging around the Master Sword from The Legend of Zelda?

And in another possible timeline, there's a version of Homer Simpson who fights the return of the dreaded beasts from the My Little Pony franchise, smacking them repeatedly with an AK-47 that makes "pew pew" noises with each shot, while his loyal companion Master Chief fights at his side?

And, in yet another timeline, Sonic the Dragonborn Hedgehog rides around in a sports car on his way to defeat Thomas the Tank Engine, fleeing from many foes including bandits, dinosaurs, Spiderman, sentient turnips, and mirelurks from the Fallout series?

That is absolutely absurd.

I'm in.

by Hahdremro
June 13, 2018

So, you're talking about a way to include a possible timeline in which fate has chosen an Ikeaborn (a race of chair people) to save the world from Muscle Man Randy Savage, all the while riding a horse version of Tommy Wiseau and swinging around the Master Sword from The Legend of Zelda?

And in another possible timeline, there's a version of Homer Simpson who fights the return of the dreaded beasts from the My Little Pony franchise, smacking them repeatedly with an AK-47 that makes "pew pew" noises with each shot, while his loyal companion Master Chief fights at his side?

And, in yet another timeline, Sonic the Dragonborn Hedgehog rides around in a sports car on his way to defeat Thomas the Tank Engine, fleeing from many foes including bandits, dinosaurs, Spiderman, sentient turnips, and mirelurks from the Fallout series?

That is absolutely absurd.

I'm in.

NikkoSossedov1
June 13, 2018
@Hahdremro These kinds of crossovers would be the result of long-reaching Branches twist-growing into the branches of other Multiverse Trees. At least, thats the best I can describe it.
by NikkoSossedov1
June 13, 2018
@Hahdremro These kinds of crossovers would be the result of long-reaching Branches twist-growing into the branches of other Multiverse Trees. At least, thats the best I can describe it.

Hahdremro
June 13, 2018

So, this is essentially the many worlds theory but applied to the Elder Scrolls series? I've seen that used as a reason for plenty of crossovers in the past, but I kind of like the phrase Dragon Branch, as it relates to Dragon Breaks, which are already an established part of the lore. 

by Hahdremro
June 13, 2018

So, this is essentially the many worlds theory but applied to the Elder Scrolls series? I've seen that used as a reason for plenty of crossovers in the past, but I kind of like the phrase Dragon Branch, as it relates to Dragon Breaks, which are already an established part of the lore. 

NikkoSossedov1
June 16, 2018
@Hahdremro Yeah. It's a lot better than my original name. "Dragon Streams." That old name was based on the saying, "Time is a river." While that old idea had its perks, with the end of time being an endless ocean, I wasn't able to explain crossovers with it. Then I thought, 'What if time is a tree, and the end of time is it withering."
Thus, Dragon Branches.
by NikkoSossedov1
June 16, 2018
@Hahdremro Yeah. It's a lot better than my original name. "Dragon Streams." That old name was based on the saying, "Time is a river." While that old idea had its perks, with the end of time being an endless ocean, I wasn't able to explain crossovers with it. Then I thought, 'What if time is a tree, and the end of time is it withering."

Thus, Dragon Branches.

NikkoSossedov1
June 18, 2018
Okay, I've had some time to think about this, and since no one seems to want to add here, I'll do it.
The concept of the Dragon Bridges.

A 'simple' Dragon Bridge is exactly what it sounds like (to anything who knows what a Dragon Bridge is, anyway)- Time Travel. The simplest is when it is supposed to happen. You might go back in time to stop an event from happening, but you in turn cause said event to happen in the first place. How these kinds of temporal start in the first place, is anyone's guess. This does affect the Dragon Branch involved in any way. The branch continues to grow the way it was. Akatosh is fine with these since it's usually him orchestrating them in the first place.
by NikkoSossedov1
June 18, 2018
Okay, I've had some time to think about this, and since no one seems to want to add here, I'll do it.

The concept of the Dragon Bridges.

A 'simple' Dragon Bridge is exactly what it sounds like (to anything who knows what a Dragon Bridge is, anyway)- Time Travel. The simplest is when it is supposed to happen. You might go back in time to stop an event from happening, but you in turn cause said event to happen in the first place. How these kinds of temporal start in the first place, is anyone's guess. This does affect the Dragon Branch involved in any way. The branch continues to grow the way it was. Akatosh is fine with these since it's usually him orchestrating them in the first place.

NikkoSossedov1
June 18, 2018
The next level of Dragon Bridge is probaly more well known. You go back in time and end up completely alterring a timeline.
One of two things will happen. A 'growth' will appear that grows into an entirely new branch. This happens when events are alterred ina way that only affect a select few, and the Branches stay 'nouridhed' or stable. The less desirable one is when the original branch begins to wither, resulting in complete obliteration of the original Branch if something is not done. The onnly way to save the original timeline is to prevent the event that caused this major change. This is usually started by alterring events to the point that the destiny of the world as a whole is completely changed, even to the point of defying the Elder Scrolls.( Though in sone Branches, the Kel are nothing more than a guideline and can easily be defied) While Akatosh does not remember these events, his attunement to time lets him sense when these 'crumbles' have occurred, ans he will punish those who have caused it, regardless of which Dragon Branch has survived.
by NikkoSossedov1
June 18, 2018
The next level of Dragon Bridge is probaly more well known. You go back in time and end up completely alterring a timeline.

One of two things will happen. A 'growth' will appear that grows into an entirely new branch. This happens when events are alterred ina way that only affect a select few, and the Branches stay 'nouridhed' or stable. The less desirable one is when the original branch begins to wither, resulting in complete obliteration of the original Branch if something is not done. The onnly way to save the original timeline is to prevent the event that caused this major change. This is usually started by alterring events to the point that the destiny of the world as a whole is completely changed, even to the point of defying the Elder Scrolls.( Though in sone Branches, the Kel are nothing more than a guideline and can easily be defied) While Akatosh does not remember these events, his attunement to time lets him sense when these 'crumbles' have occurred, ans he will punish those who have caused it, regardless of which Dragon Branch has survived.

NikkoSossedov1
June 18, 2018
Sorry about multiple posts I am still having trouble w/ my phone oveeheating.
by NikkoSossedov1
June 18, 2018
Sorry about multiple posts I am still having trouble w/ my phone oveeheating.

NikkoSossedov1
June 20, 2018
Okay is anybody besides me and Hahdremro going to try to add to this?
by NikkoSossedov1
June 20, 2018
Okay is anybody besides me and Hahdremro going to try to add to this?
 1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.