Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Other Cities in Dovahzul?

[deleted]
September 6, 2018

I wish to write a story in Dovahzul taking place in Skyrim during the time of the Dragon Wars. Unfortunately, there are only two actual town translations. (Rorikstead and Whiterun.) Can I have a bit of help, please?

[KULJERH1L]

by [deleted]
September 6, 2018

I wish to write a story in Dovahzul taking place in Skyrim during the time of the Dragon Wars. Unfortunately, there are only two actual town translations. (Rorikstead and Whiterun.) Can I have a bit of help, please?

[KULJERH1L]

paarthurnax
Administrator
September 14, 2018

Are there any specific place names you'd like translated/transliterated? A lot of place names are Ancient Nordic in origin, so they'd fit fairly well into Dovahzul.

by paarthurnax
September 14, 2018

Are there any specific place names you'd like translated/transliterated? A lot of place names are Ancient Nordic in origin, so they'd fit fairly well into Dovahzul.

[deleted]
September 14, 2018
paarthurnax

I think this was enough. Maybe Ivarstead would be nice. Other than that, it's okay.

by [deleted]
September 14, 2018
paarthurnax

I think this was enough. Maybe Ivarstead would be nice. Other than that, it's okay.

paarthurnax
Administrator
September 24, 2018
"Rorikstead" is translated as "Rorikhofkah" ("Rorik's Home/Steading"), so "Ivarstead" would probably be something like "Ivarhofkah".
by paarthurnax
September 24, 2018
"Rorikstead" is translated as "Rorikhofkah" ("Rorik's Home/Steading"), so "Ivarstead" would probably be something like "Ivarhofkah".

Fusdoiiz
November 29, 2018

Does anybody have a translation for Markarth?

by Fusdoiiz
November 29, 2018

Does anybody have a translation for Markarth?

Sonaak Kroinlah
November 30, 2018

Not an official one but something like "Sahsunsegolz" meaning "village of stone" or "Qethsegol Sahsun" "Stone village" might be good since it is known as "The city of stone" in game. (Edit: replaced "Hofkah" "steading" with "Sahsun" "village".)

by Sonaak Kroinlah
November 30, 2018

Not an official one but something like "Sahsunsegolz" meaning "village of stone" or "Qethsegol Sahsun" "Stone village" might be good since it is known as "The city of stone" in game. (Edit: replaced "Hofkah" "steading" with "Sahsun" "village".)

Zinrahzul
December 6, 2018
Ivarstead is actually Hillgrundhofkah, which is in the dictionary on this very site.
Take a look at the book "Holdings of Jarl Gjalund" which mentions old areas of Skyrim.
by Zinrahzul
December 6, 2018
Ivarstead is actually Hillgrundhofkah, which is in the dictionary on this very site.

Take a look at the book "Holdings of Jarl Gjalund" which mentions old areas of Skyrim.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.