Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Sahlo Folina debate

Andruu
November 14, 2018

This is a bit of a weird question... I noticed while going through the lessons that “Sahlo” is an example word they use, saying it means weakness. Here’s the thing, in the Twenty Øne Piløts song ‘Bandito’ (from the 2018 album Trench) it says several times “Sahlo Folina”. There has been a lot of debate over what this means, saying that Sahlo means “to enable” in Somali and that Folina is a name that means ‘creativity’ so “S4lo Folina” would mean “enable creativity”, backed up by another lyric “I created this world to feel some control”. Tyler Joseph himself has said it’s what the Banditos call out to each other when in trouble in Trench. However, “S4lo” means weak or weakness in Dov4zul so does anyone have any idea what “Folina” might mean? So far I can only guess that it’s fo with the suffix ‘l so “your frost” and ina I’m not sure but it might mean “to master”? I’m still very new to dovahzul so I might be completely incorrect. Also if anyone has any legacy or own translations that’s cool too!

Thank you ||-//

by Andruu
November 14, 2018

This is a bit of a weird question... I noticed while going through the lessons that “Sahlo” is an example word they use, saying it means weakness. Here’s the thing, in the Twenty Øne Piløts song ‘Bandito’ (from the 2018 album Trench) it says several times “Sahlo Folina”. There has been a lot of debate over what this means, saying that Sahlo means “to enable” in Somali and that Folina is a name that means ‘creativity’ so “S4lo Folina” would mean “enable creativity”, backed up by another lyric “I created this world to feel some control”. Tyler Joseph himself has said it’s what the Banditos call out to each other when in trouble in Trench. However, “S4lo” means weak or weakness in Dov4zul so does anyone have any idea what “Folina” might mean? So far I can only guess that it’s fo with the suffix ‘l so “your frost” and ina I’m not sure but it might mean “to master”? I’m still very new to dovahzul so I might be completely incorrect. Also if anyone has any legacy or own translations that’s cool too!

Thank you ||-//

Sonaak Kroinlah
November 14, 2018

I suspect this song is completely unrelated to Skyrim's dragon language. The word being the same is just a coincidence.

by Sonaak Kroinlah
November 14, 2018

I suspect this song is completely unrelated to Skyrim's dragon language. The word being the same is just a coincidence.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.