Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzul Christmas Songs 2018

1  2  3  4  5  6 > >>  

Zinrahzul
November 29, 2018

Last year I did something like this where I recorded a bunch of Christmas Carols. I want to do something like that, but open it up to anyone who wants to help! They can be Christmas secular songs, carols, or other similar holiday songs.

UPDATE: Project Complete!

https://soundcloud.com/user-870884150/sets/dovahzul-christmas-songs-2018

by Zinrahzul
November 29, 2018

Last year I did something like this where I recorded a bunch of Christmas Carols. I want to do something like that, but open it up to anyone who wants to help! They can be Christmas secular songs, carols, or other similar holiday songs.

UPDATE: Project Complete!

https://soundcloud.com/user-870884150/sets/dovahzul-christmas-songs-2018

Sonaak Kroinlah
November 29, 2018

We three kings would be really cool. How would stage 4 work?

by Sonaak Kroinlah
November 29, 2018

Zinrahzul
November 29, 2018
Sonaak Kroinlah

I quickly looked at the lyrics: Any foreign language names and places can be transliterated directly into Dovahzul. Frankinsense would be "frankinsens" [frankinsens]. However, we'd have to put some thought into which verses to actually sing. That depends on the song. (I'm looking at YOU, 12 Days of Christmas...)

What specifically were you concerned about? 

by Zinrahzul
November 29, 2018
Sonaak Kroinlah

I quickly looked at the lyrics: Any foreign language names and places can be transliterated directly into Dovahzul. Frankinsense would be "frankinsens" [frankinsens]. However, we'd have to put some thought into which verses to actually sing. That depends on the song. (I'm looking at YOU, 12 Days of Christmas...)

What specifically were you concerned about? 

Sonaak Kroinlah
November 29, 2018

Well I'd say all of them but when they cut down songs on TV they usually do verse 1, chorus, bridge, final chorus (technical terms?).

And I mean how do you plan to get additional voices when pretty much no one on the site is in the same location?

by Sonaak Kroinlah
November 29, 2018

Well I'd say all of them but when they cut down songs on TV they usually do verse 1, chorus, bridge, final chorus (technical terms?).

And I mean how do you plan to get additional voices when pretty much no one on the site is in the same location?

Zinrahzul
November 29, 2018
Sonaak Kroinlah

For the voices, I will record in a key that is hopefully accessible to everyone. I will post that recording online for people to access. From there, I hope I can find a solution that people can use to record their own voices, but that will probably require they know what they're doing...

The simplest thing to do is have them listen to the song in their headphones and record their voice in whatever recording software they want. I'm currently trying to find a free online resource for this, though.

by Zinrahzul
November 29, 2018
Sonaak Kroinlah

For the voices, I will record in a key that is hopefully accessible to everyone. I will post that recording online for people to access. From there, I hope I can find a solution that people can use to record their own voices, but that will probably require they know what they're doing...

The simplest thing to do is have them listen to the song in their headphones and record their voice in whatever recording software they want. I'm currently trying to find a free online resource for this, though.

Sonaak Kroinlah
November 29, 2018

If there's will there's a way. I hope that the way isn't too complex. It would greatly limit who can contribute. You probably also need some kind of quality control too. The x-factor problem and all that.

by Sonaak Kroinlah
November 29, 2018

If there's will there's a way. I hope that the way isn't too complex. It would greatly limit who can contribute. You probably also need some kind of quality control too. The x-factor problem and all that.

Zinrahzul
November 29, 2018
Sonaak Kroinlah

That I will circum-navigate because I don't want perfectionism to get in the way of this project. There isn't enough time for coordination and QC for something like this; also, people won't do it if it means they have to try over and over again.

No, whatever people choose is what I will use (within reason). I want it to sound like regular people singing Christmas songs without inhibition!

by Zinrahzul
November 29, 2018
Sonaak Kroinlah

That I will circum-navigate because I don't want perfectionism to get in the way of this project. There isn't enough time for coordination and QC for something like this; also, people won't do it if it means they have to try over and over again.

No, whatever people choose is what I will use (within reason). I want it to sound like regular people singing Christmas songs without inhibition!

Sonaak Kroinlah
November 29, 2018

Alright. I didn't mean perfectionism as such but more that some people think they can sing when they can't (I'm think I'm one of them). But if it doesn't bother you that's great. :)

by Sonaak Kroinlah
November 29, 2018

Alright. I didn't mean perfectionism as such but more that some people think they can sing when they can't (I'm think I'm one of them). But if it doesn't bother you that's great. :)

Zinrahzul
November 29, 2018
Sonaak Kroinlah

Hahaha! Yeah, it's good. Ok, can you do me a favor and see if this online recorder works for a simple audio recording? How long can it record? Just play any song you like to sing in your headphones while you do it. Just let me know how it pans out. It seems simple to use at first glance...

https://online-voice-recorder.com/

by Zinrahzul
November 29, 2018
Sonaak Kroinlah

Hahaha! Yeah, it's good. Ok, can you do me a favor and see if this online recorder works for a simple audio recording? How long can it record? Just play any song you like to sing in your headphones while you do it. Just let me know how it pans out. It seems simple to use at first glance...

https://online-voice-recorder.com/

Sonaak Kroinlah
November 29, 2018

I found the site but it kinda confused me with it's talk of files and the like and I didn't want to mess with it because if I break something I can't fix it. You might want someone more techy to test it. Krosis.

by Sonaak Kroinlah
November 29, 2018

I found the site but it kinda confused me with it's talk of files and the like and I didn't want to mess with it because if I break something I can't fix it. You might want someone more techy to test it. Krosis.

Zinrahzul
November 30, 2018
@Sonaak Kroinlah that's ok. Don't worry about it. Here's what I did to test it. Maybe just try these steps:

1. Put headphones on and any music from a player of your choice.
2. Click record on the recording site
3. Start the music in your headphones
4. Sing along into whatever mic or headset mic you use
5. After the song is finished (or for like 5 seconds) then stop the recording
6. You can then play it back immediately to hear what you sound like
7. Click on the save button to download the MP3 file.
8. Send that file to me.
by Zinrahzul
November 30, 2018
@Sonaak Kroinlah that's ok. Don't worry about it. Here's what I did to test it. Maybe just try these steps:

1. Put headphones on and any music from a player of your choice.

2. Click record on the recording site

3. Start the music in your headphones

4. Sing along into whatever mic or headset mic you use

5. After the song is finished (or for like 5 seconds) then stop the recording

6. You can then play it back immediately to hear what you sound like

7. Click on the save button to download the MP3 file.

8. Send that file to me.

Sonaak Kroinlah
November 30, 2018

Okay then. How\where should I send you the file?

by Sonaak Kroinlah
November 30, 2018

Okay then. How\where should I send you the file?

Zinrahzul
November 30, 2018

I've set up a public Google Drive folder at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1oRckA8P4_rMgcqK28aihIUor_TM6ITmH?usp=sharing

All you have to do is access it and upload the file there. Let me know if it worked.

by Zinrahzul
November 30, 2018

I've set up a public Google Drive folder at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1oRckA8P4_rMgcqK28aihIUor_TM6ITmH?usp=sharing

All you have to do is access it and upload the file there. Let me know if it worked.

Zinrahzul
November 30, 2018

Ok, new recorder to try: https://clyp.it/online-voice-recorder

When I get home, I'll try more recorders this weekend. Of course, if anyone has a better setup, they can use their better recording programs and that'll make it easier for me.

by Zinrahzul
November 30, 2018

Ok, new recorder to try: https://clyp.it/online-voice-recorder

When I get home, I'll try more recorders this weekend. Of course, if anyone has a better setup, they can use their better recording programs and that'll make it easier for me.

Sonaak Kroinlah
November 30, 2018

I have a test audio file I can send you now but I need you to change the sharing settings first to allow it.

by Sonaak Kroinlah
November 30, 2018

I have a test audio file I can send you now but I need you to change the sharing settings first to allow it.

1  2  3  4  5  6 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.