Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Rune reading survey

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 10, 2018

Rate your skill with rune reading below. It would also be interesting to know if it was difficult to learn and whether or not you enjoy using them.

0 Can't read them.

1 Can identify some runes. (Without a key)

2 Can identify all runes. (Without a key)

3 Can read letter by letter with ease.

4 Can read word by word.

Edit: for those interested in learning or improving their skills try this: https://www.thuum.org/viewthread.php?thread=1870

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 10, 2018

Rate your skill with rune reading below. It would also be interesting to know if it was difficult to learn and whether or not you enjoy using them.

0 Can't read them.

1 Can identify some runes. (Without a key)

2 Can identify all runes. (Without a key)

3 Can read letter by letter with ease.

4 Can read word by word.

Edit: for those interested in learning or improving their skills try this: https://www.thuum.org/viewthread.php?thread=1870

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 10, 2018

I myself am at level three. I didn't find it very difficult and enjoy using them. :)

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 10, 2018

I myself am at level three. I didn't find it very difficult and enjoy using them. :)

Liis
Administrator
December 10, 2018
1. Heck, I used to be a 3, but I haven't practised in years.
by Liis
December 10, 2018
1. Heck, I used to be a 3, but I haven't practised in years.

Zinrahzul
December 10, 2018
I'm probably just a little above 3. Most of the time I do my reading in romanized Dovahzul and write in runes. I don't enjoy reading the runes because they don't flow well, their readability is low due to all those dots and lives in close proximity and with little spacing between runes. Writing, though, is decidedly more fun, at least subjectively for me.
by Zinrahzul
December 10, 2018
I'm probably just a little above 3. Most of the time I do my reading in romanized Dovahzul and write in runes. I don't enjoy reading the runes because they don't flow well, their readability is low due to all those dots and lives in close proximity and with little spacing between runes. Writing, though, is decidedly more fun, at least subjectively for me.

Thuryolkrif
December 22, 2018

I'm a 0, mostly cause i haven't really put in a whole lot of effort, but i find it confusing and hard to remember

by Thuryolkrif
December 22, 2018

I'm a 0, mostly cause i haven't really put in a whole lot of effort, but i find it confusing and hard to remember

Frinmulaar
December 27, 2018
I'm a 1. I know slightly more than half of the runes by sight and can produce half of that half on command.
by Frinmulaar
December 27, 2018
I'm a 1. I know slightly more than half of the runes by sight and can produce half of that half on command.

Fusdoiiz
December 27, 2018

[Zuu aan] 4. [Zuu mindoraan Dovahzul pruzah].

by Fusdoiiz
December 27, 2018

[Zuu aan] 4. [Zuu mindoraan Dovahzul pruzah].

Kaalsenid
December 27, 2018

About a 1 here. If I studied I could get all of them down, but as it stands, there are a few that I don't immediately recognize and need to check a key to get.

by Kaalsenid
December 27, 2018

About a 1 here. If I studied I could get all of them down, but as it stands, there are a few that I don't immediately recognize and need to check a key to get.

OED Kaldmit
December 28, 2018
I'm a 1. I'm still trying to finish writing existing song lyrics in the runes. Whenever either myself or my dad gets a Word, I try to read what it says.
by OED Kaldmit
December 28, 2018
I'm a 1. I'm still trying to finish writing existing song lyrics in the runes. Whenever either myself or my dad gets a Word, I try to read what it says.

Qahhunrahgol
February 22, 2019

Im about a 2 i can read some bt not all without a key

by Qahhunrahgol
February 22, 2019

Sonaak Kroinlah
February 22, 2019
Qahhunrahgol

That would put you more at a 1 than a 2. Thank you for posting, the more data the better. :)

by Sonaak Kroinlah
February 22, 2019
Qahhunrahgol

That would put you more at a 1 than a 2. Thank you for posting, the more data the better. :)

GronZeymah
February 27, 2019

I find myself at a sad 0, but hoping to eventually find myself at a 3 or 4! Maybe there should be a course to learn it. But thats for the site discussion forum.

by GronZeymah
February 27, 2019

I find myself at a sad 0, but hoping to eventually find myself at a 3 or 4! Maybe there should be a course to learn it. But thats for the site discussion forum.

Onikvulzii
March 6, 2019

Is there a level negative 1?

by Onikvulzii
March 6, 2019

Sonaak Kroinlah
March 6, 2019
Onikvulzii

Only if you can't read in any language lol. And you're interested in learning it's really not as hard as it looks. :)

by Sonaak Kroinlah
March 6, 2019
Onikvulzii

Only if you can't read in any language lol. And you're interested in learning it's really not as hard as it looks. :)

Drogaazpraan
March 23, 2019
I tried to teach myself a few years ago. I learned them pretty quickly by referencing a key I had written myself but I couldn’t become a proficient reader in it. It was always runs by rune. I had to piece the words together that way.
by Drogaazpraan
March 23, 2019
I tried to teach myself a few years ago. I learned them pretty quickly by referencing a key I had written myself but I couldn’t become a proficient reader in it. It was always runs by rune. I had to piece the words together that way.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.