Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dragon Armor?

Thuryolkrif
December 21, 2018

Since the dragons enslaved Skyrim for a rather long time, isn't it sort of weird that they never had their human slaves make them armor? or even decorative things to attatch to their horns or something? or are dragons just THAT arrogant? 

by Thuryolkrif
December 21, 2018

Since the dragons enslaved Skyrim for a rather long time, isn't it sort of weird that they never had their human slaves make them armor? or even decorative things to attatch to their horns or something? or are dragons just THAT arrogant? 

Liis
Administrator
December 22, 2018
Dragons are strong and all, but I think that the armour would have to be stronger than their scales to warrant using it, thus it would probably be too heavy and make flight impossible once that's achieved. They could also just be arrogant, like you said, and think they're perfect the way they are.

As for decoration made for them, they could have very well worn it, and it's just not mentioned in-game nor in official material by Bethesda anywhere. The dragons and dragon worshippers have certainly done a lot of things during that era that isn't mentioned in any official material. So far, we don't know a whole lot about the dragon cult and how they operated in general.
by Liis
December 22, 2018
Dragons are strong and all, but I think that the armour would have to be stronger than their scales to warrant using it, thus it would probably be too heavy and make flight impossible once that's achieved. They could also just be arrogant, like you said, and think they're perfect the way they are.

As for decoration made for them, they could have very well worn it, and it's just not mentioned in-game nor in official material by Bethesda anywhere. The dragons and dragon worshippers have certainly done a lot of things during that era that isn't mentioned in any official material. So far, we don't know a whole lot about the dragon cult and how they operated in general.

Thuryolkrif
December 22, 2018

That's a completely fair point, and i hadn't considered it. It makes sense that the weight of any armor would inhibit flight, and thus most likely wouldn't be considered worth using. 

I do wholly believe they most likely did decorate themselves and it's just not mentioned.

by Thuryolkrif
December 22, 2018

That's a completely fair point, and i hadn't considered it. It makes sense that the weight of any armor would inhibit flight, and thus most likely wouldn't be considered worth using. 

I do wholly believe they most likely did decorate themselves and it's just not mentioned.

Liis
Administrator
December 22, 2018
Of course, maybe they could have had a lighter material that wasn't as protective as their scales, but still used it as just an extra layer of protection. Something is better than nothing, as long as it doesn't inhibit flight.
by Liis
December 22, 2018
Of course, maybe they could have had a lighter material that wasn't as protective as their scales, but still used it as just an extra layer of protection. Something is better than nothing, as long as it doesn't inhibit flight.

Thuryolkrif
December 23, 2018

True enough, but now that i consider dragonscale and dragonbone armor is high-tier armor, it might just be Dragon hide is so tough, the Dragons considered any kind of armor unnecessary. If your skin was made of some bulletproof material you probably wouldn't wear a bulletproof vest

Dragons probably think along the same lines. Their skin is so hard and strong already, anything added is a net loss in the long run

by Thuryolkrif
December 23, 2018

True enough, but now that i consider dragonscale and dragonbone armor is high-tier armor, it might just be Dragon hide is so tough, the Dragons considered any kind of armor unnecessary. If your skin was made of some bulletproof material you probably wouldn't wear a bulletproof vest

Dragons probably think along the same lines. Their skin is so hard and strong already, anything added is a net loss in the long run

Fusdoiiz
December 30, 2018

Liis has a point. If Dragon armor is aleady some of the strongest in-game armor, there'd be no point.

by Fusdoiiz
December 30, 2018

Liis has a point. If Dragon armor is aleady some of the strongest in-game armor, there'd be no point.

Ercal
January 17, 2019

have you ever forged dragon armour

by Ercal
January 17, 2019

have you ever forged dragon armour

Liis
Administrator
January 17, 2019
@Ercal,

That's off-topic. Remember to remain on-topic in the forums.
by Liis
January 17, 2019
@Ercal,

That's off-topic. Remember to remain on-topic in the forums.

shulkunaak
June 19, 2019
Well human bones and skin are much weaker than dragon bones and scales so it wouldn’t be that useful
by shulkunaak
June 19, 2019
Well human bones and skin are much weaker than dragon bones and scales so it wouldn’t be that useful

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.