Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Skyrim D&D Homebrew

GronZeymah
February 4, 2019

Hello Everyone! I am Kinvond. I've played D&D and Skyrim for a while and wanted to merge them into something awesome. Becayse i'm no game developer or anything, I decided a D&D homebrew was my best bet.

Post any ideas that come to mind, but at least try to be realistic.

- Gronzeymah

by GronZeymah
February 4, 2019

Hello Everyone! I am Kinvond. I've played D&D and Skyrim for a while and wanted to merge them into something awesome. Becayse i'm no game developer or anything, I decided a D&D homebrew was my best bet.

Post any ideas that come to mind, but at least try to be realistic.

- Gronzeymah

Mortifer
February 4, 2019

The main villain has to be M'aiq the Khajiit. Other than that, it's great.

by Mortifer
February 4, 2019

The main villain has to be M'aiq the Khajiit. Other than that, it's great.

Ruvgein
February 4, 2019

D&D has a lot of parts to it, were you looking for more the story telling campaign ideas side of it, or the classes/races and rolls mechanics side of it?

by Ruvgein
February 4, 2019

D&D has a lot of parts to it, were you looking for more the story telling campaign ideas side of it, or the classes/races and rolls mechanics side of it?

Necromas
February 6, 2019

Fortunately for you, it's been attempted before. My buddy and I wrote out a whole story arc and modified a 3.5 system to take the three Skyrim stats rather than the six D&D ability scores. I don't have the specifics, he kept the papers. But I'll have them to you asap. What edition do you use mostly? 

by Necromas
February 6, 2019

Fortunately for you, it's been attempted before. My buddy and I wrote out a whole story arc and modified a 3.5 system to take the three Skyrim stats rather than the six D&D ability scores. I don't have the specifics, he kept the papers. But I'll have them to you asap. What edition do you use mostly? 

GronZeymah
February 7, 2019

I'm mostly trying to build trhe character options such as class and race, but storytelling is always important in any RPG. I mostly do 5e and the newer companions like "Guildmaster's Guide To Ravnica," Xanathar's Guide To Everything," etc. If that doesn't answer all your questions, then feel free to ask me for clarification. I have lots of ideas, and me and my friend are really into Skyrim, so we tried it at a weekly meetup without fleshing it out enough, and it crashed and burned. I know now to prepare before executing a very large campaign. I've done lore intake to do a good part of the story telling, but I could always use help. Thanks everyone who's colaborating in this forum. It's a big help!

by GronZeymah
February 7, 2019

I'm mostly trying to build trhe character options such as class and race, but storytelling is always important in any RPG. I mostly do 5e and the newer companions like "Guildmaster's Guide To Ravnica," Xanathar's Guide To Everything," etc. If that doesn't answer all your questions, then feel free to ask me for clarification. I have lots of ideas, and me and my friend are really into Skyrim, so we tried it at a weekly meetup without fleshing it out enough, and it crashed and burned. I know now to prepare before executing a very large campaign. I've done lore intake to do a good part of the story telling, but I could always use help. Thanks everyone who's colaborating in this forum. It's a big help!

Necromas
February 8, 2019

I'm afraid I know next to nothing about 5e, despite having played it off and on. Thanks for answering my questions. If you're looking to use 5e with just races and lore and gear from the Elder Scrolls, I'm afraid I'm of no help. I have no experience or intrest in such a project. However; if using a slightly different d20 based system doesn't hurt then we've got one in the works. Think a classless system akin to GURPS where a race is selected and points are given that allow for customization. Skills level on the same 100 point scale as in Skyrim, and race sets base stats for that. Same sort of perk trees as in Skyrim, though I belive we'll have to cut back on those a bit. Each character level gives a perk and a +10 increase to one of the three core stats. Racial choices and background are the real flavor to the character, dropping classes in favour of seemless roleplaying as anyone can do anything, the only constraint is how much time you're willing to invest into it. Magic and spells costs magika points that regenerate, comabt abalities like power attacks cost stamina that do the same. That's the dream anyways.  

by Necromas
February 8, 2019

I'm afraid I know next to nothing about 5e, despite having played it off and on. Thanks for answering my questions. If you're looking to use 5e with just races and lore and gear from the Elder Scrolls, I'm afraid I'm of no help. I have no experience or intrest in such a project. However; if using a slightly different d20 based system doesn't hurt then we've got one in the works. Think a classless system akin to GURPS where a race is selected and points are given that allow for customization. Skills level on the same 100 point scale as in Skyrim, and race sets base stats for that. Same sort of perk trees as in Skyrim, though I belive we'll have to cut back on those a bit. Each character level gives a perk and a +10 increase to one of the three core stats. Racial choices and background are the real flavor to the character, dropping classes in favour of seemless roleplaying as anyone can do anything, the only constraint is how much time you're willing to invest into it. Magic and spells costs magika points that regenerate, comabt abalities like power attacks cost stamina that do the same. That's the dream anyways.  

GronZeymah
February 8, 2019

I'm thinking about maybe reintagrating the whole birthsign dinamic, Giving the players a much broader version of "the dream." side note, how about we refer to all this as "the dream." back to the main idea, I think you're definatley on to something. I think we should instead give Four +5 bonuses, and one +10 bonus to put where they want, sorta like the original Skyrim. What do you think?

by GronZeymah
February 8, 2019

I'm thinking about maybe reintagrating the whole birthsign dinamic, Giving the players a much broader version of "the dream." side note, how about we refer to all this as "the dream." back to the main idea, I think you're definatley on to something. I think we should instead give Four +5 bonuses, and one +10 bonus to put where they want, sorta like the original Skyrim. What do you think?

Necromas
February 12, 2019

Yeah, sounds good to me. So chosing bonuses on top of racial bonuses or in place of?

by Necromas
February 12, 2019

Yeah, sounds good to me. So chosing bonuses on top of racial bonuses or in place of?

GronZeymah
February 15, 2019

I was thinknig that it would be more balanced if they do in place of racial bonuses, but if we chose to do on top of, then we should only give them about two +5 and one +10. If we gave them our current idea on top of the racial stuff, they would break the game. And nobody wants that. So wht do you think of that?

by GronZeymah
February 15, 2019

I was thinknig that it would be more balanced if they do in place of racial bonuses, but if we chose to do on top of, then we should only give them about two +5 and one +10. If we gave them our current idea on top of the racial stuff, they would break the game. And nobody wants that. So wht do you think of that?

Kul do Dovah
May 21, 2019

GronZeymah - can you start a D&D game? Starting to learn D&D and thought of Dovahzul D&D

by Kul do Dovah
May 21, 2019

GronZeymah - can you start a D&D game? Starting to learn D&D and thought of Dovahzul D&D

Kul do Dovah
June 6, 2019

Please?

by Kul do Dovah
June 6, 2019

Please?

Rahdunmal
July 20, 2019

If anyone's still interested, the game I'm currently DMing is a Skyrim 3.5 module I wrote a few years ago. I replaced the vanilla races, tried to port over all the Oblivion spells (but I'm rehauling it come September after my summer exams), attempted to add material scaling for applicable arms and armour, and am keeping an ever expanding monster manual of Skyrim enemies skewed towards whatever level the party was at the time of creation.

There was no system overhaul in that magic operates largely the same with some tweaks to arcane (currently, at least) and I did not touch the classes/abilities/skills/etc. It's simply just D&D v.3.5 with a Skyrim / Elder Scrolls flavour.

by Rahdunmal
July 20, 2019

If anyone's still interested, the game I'm currently DMing is a Skyrim 3.5 module I wrote a few years ago. I replaced the vanilla races, tried to port over all the Oblivion spells (but I'm rehauling it come September after my summer exams), attempted to add material scaling for applicable arms and armour, and am keeping an ever expanding monster manual of Skyrim enemies skewed towards whatever level the party was at the time of creation.

There was no system overhaul in that magic operates largely the same with some tweaks to arcane (currently, at least) and I did not touch the classes/abilities/skills/etc. It's simply just D&D v.3.5 with a Skyrim / Elder Scrolls flavour.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.